COPR and coronavirus

Hksandy

Nov 8, 2019
You can call CIC by using any of the below calling apps -
  1. Sonetel
  2. TextNow
  3. Fongo
Here is the CIC number: +1-888-242-2100
And wat keys did you press in the menu options...I able to connect to IRCC over phone but in the menu key options whatever I type..it says invalid. Kindly suggest what menu option did u choose? TIA

PVC

May 7, 2012
Hi all,
I have small doubt if I get married after copr issued will be there problem or what you suggest best ?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Last edited:

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
I am thinking of raising webform, want to know what type of option you put in Type of application/enquiry (required).

COPR expiring in 2nd week of August.
Is it right time to raise form now.

your reply will be appreciated.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I am thinking of raising webform, want to know what type of option you put in Type of application/enquiry (required).

COPR expiring in 2nd week of August.
Is it right time to raise form now.

your reply will be appreciated.
Permanent resident applied online. Yes go ahead if you are confident enough that you cant travel before your CoPR expiry.

Prabhjot09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi..
Is extension possible if we do not travel even if flights resume?
Copr expiring end of august?
Thanks in advance.

turbomau5

Apr 23, 2020
Hi..
Is extension possible if we do not travel even if flights resume?
Copr expiring end of august?
Thanks in advance.
As per IRCC 'unable or unwilling' to travel due to Covid is still an acceptable reason for requesting extensions. But it may or may not change once international flights resume. If India resumes international flights on Aug 1st and if most of the expired COPR candidates raise 'ready to travel', IRCC might not entertain unwillingness for the sake of their own convenience....or they might reasonably continue to accept unwillingness as a legit reason for extension through out 2020. The real answer is nobody knows except IRCC. However, being optimistic helps for our own sanity...But im genuinely optimistic about extensions, it could be a waiting game again but in the end we'll get em!

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
It's not important to raise the web form within 60 days when ur not able to travel.You can raise it when you feel you can travel.
Isn't this in contradiction with the understanding shared by @pkhare23 , few posts back?
That was one of my queries. We do not have indefinite time to state our ability to travel. 60 initial + 60 additional = 120 days max, is what is available once you have raised the first webform / CoPR expiration date.

If what you @Canaspirant xyz are saying here is right, that would mean one can have >120 days. Hope I am understanding your statement correctly and not missing something.

In my case, going by your logic, I would raise a Webform say on 31 Aug (before my CoPR expiry). And then, I would wish to skip the whole winter season and prefer to raise the second Webform somewhere in Mid-March 2021 stating my willingness to travel. That would be > 180 days / 6 months. This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Apologies for the long post, and clarification sought. But, that's exactly the clarity I had been seeking.
In conclusion, I concur to @pkhare23 's understanding of the this, basis the official link shared.

Hope to be right.

Thanks!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Isn't this in contradiction with the understanding shared by @pkhare23 , few posts back?
That was one of my queries. We do not have indefinite time to state our ability to travel. 60 initial + 60 additional = 120 days max, is what is available once you have raised the first webform / CoPR expiration date.

If what you @Canaspirant xyz are saying here is right, that would mean one can have >120 days. Hope I am understanding your statement correctly and not missing something.

In my case, going by your logic, I would raise a Webform say on 31 Aug (before my CoPR expiry). And then, I would wish to skip the whole winter season and prefer to raise the second Webform somewhere in Mid-March 2021 stating my willingness to travel. That would be > 180 days / 6 months. This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Apologies for the long post, and clarification sought. But, that's exactly the clarity I had been seeking.
In conclusion, I concur to @pkhare23 's understanding of the this, basis the official link shared.

Hope to be right.

Thanks!
60+60 days are only applicable once your application is reopened and not from the date you raised the first webform. Based on IRCC response email they are now suggesting just to raise "ready to travel" webform once you are ready to travel without specifying any dates. Its been 2 months since my CoPR expiry and my file is not reopened and I am still not in state of travelling because of no international flights except the special flights where its hard to get the booking.

Gsingh.sam

Oct 28, 2018
Hi friends!

Need some expert advice:

We are a family of two and are expecting our child next week.

Our COPR expired in May 2020. We both had planned to move to Canada on 24th March and give birth in Canada but due to lockdown, all plans failed.

We have already informed IRCC that we were not able to go to Canada and that my wife (Primary Applicant) is pregnant via a webform.

Now as the delivery date is next week, we are worried about what steps should be followed for new born's PR and how much time can it take for all the process?
Whether we should again inform about the delivery?

Plz advice

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Anyone who has not travelled yet and their COPRs have been expired, will get guaranteed extension.
You are right .What I meant to say was that they have extended your medical before us as you are not exempted and they know that you can not travel anyhow unless canada restrictions are uplifted.As per my knowledge none Indian with copr issue date before 18th March have been given extension till now.

Reactions: nt13

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
60+60 days are only applicable once your application is reopened and not from the date you raised the first webform. Based on IRCC response email they are now suggesting just to raise "ready to travel" webform once you are ready to travel without specifying any dates. Its been 2 months since my CoPR expiry and my file is not reopened and I am still not in state of travelling because of no international flights except the special flights where its hard to get the booking.
So, effectively if I raise the first Webform say on 20th Aug, and they reopen my application on 31st Aug and the officer places a note and cancel my existing documents, will I have to liberty to raise the second Webform (able to travel) after 180 days, say in Mid-March 2021 ?? Then, doesn't it become an indefinite thing?

Apologies for any confusions I might be creating here, but I am approaching closer to the date of my CoPR expiry and like you said, flights aren't operational yet. Got to serve some notice period / or not resign at all if I am not flying. Hence, this decision making is extremely crucial. So, if I am allowed (under IRCC guidelines) to raise second webform in Mar-2021, I would prefer skipping the winter and don't mind following whatever their next steps be. I understand they can't / won't refuse my application.

Wish you luck and hope flights open up for all of us here, sooner than later !

TIA!

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
So, effectively if I raise the first Webform say on 20th Aug, and they reopen my application on 31st Aug and the officer places a note and cancel my existing documents, will I have to liberty to raise the second Webform (able to travel) after 180 days, say in Mid-March 2021 ?? Then, doesn't it become an indefinite thing?

Apologies for any confusions I might be creating here, but I am approaching closer to the date of my CoPR expiry and like you said, flights aren't operational yet. Got to serve some notice period / or not resign at all if I am not flying. Hence, this decision making is extremely crucial. So, if I am allowed (under IRCC guidelines) to raise second webform in Mar-2021, I would prefer skipping the winter and don't mind following whatever their next steps be. I understand they can't / won't refuse my application.

Wish you luck and hope flights open up for all of us here, sooner than later !

TIA!
I would say from experience that don't open your cards with anyone at your workplace regarding your PR and all. Don't resign from your job as things are uncertain and when you fly give a short notice to your manager that you have to travel and settle things such as getting relieving letter and all afterwards. You can buyout the notice period or maybe pay a penalty or maybe not if your manager is cool. Just raise webform for inability to travel if you think you cant travel before your CoPR expiry. And don't think too much that when you gonna send the ability to travel webform as new things might evolve in between which might be in favour of CoPR holders. Focus on present situation as we are living in uncertain times.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
I would say from experience that don't open your cards with anyone at your workplace regarding your PR and all. Don't resign from your job as things are uncertain and when you fly give a short notice to your manager that you have to travel and settle things such as getting relieving letter and all afterwards. You can buyout the notice period or maybe pay a penalty or maybe not if your manager is cool. Just raise webform for inability to travel if you think you cant travel before your CoPR expiry. And don't think too much that when you gonna send the ability to travel webform as new things might evolve in between which might be in favour of CoPR holders. Focus on present situation as we are living in uncertain times.
Thank you for your inputs.
But, the ability to travel form is the deal breaker here. Landing in winter won't be wise with kids, and neither do I want to miss the opportunity to board the first flight available - if between the 2nd and 4th week of August. My managers are aware about my move, and have agreed to support. But it is upon me to reciprocate appropriately. And hence, I wish to give suitable notice period.

Thanks again though. Good luck!