+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
This is good news it looks like travel bubbles are taking shape. We can't book these flights it seems or should we call and ask ?
I'm not sure. Technically, COPRs on or before March 18 should be eligible but the 3rd and 4th point are confusing.

Need to call them tomorrow and see.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Actually situation in March was a lot different from now. From the survey email IRCC seems flexible enough to give extensions till 2021 if situation demands. Someone needs to fill the immigration gap when situation goes back to somewhat normal.
Agreed, the situation keeps evolving but so far improving. Canadian businesses are reopening, flights are restarting. As long as there’s no second wave and the IRCC finds an efficient way to clear the backlog, it’ll be fine.
In relation to the gap, I’m not so sure. IRCC has issued more ITAs in 2020 so far than by the same time last year.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
That's the confusion I'm facing. 3rd and 4th point are in direct contradiction of each other. I will call them tomorrow and also write an email asking clarification.
Do update if you get any news.

If Qatar Airways accepts COPRs then Lufthansa or any other airline should too. But we really need a confirmation because I have read earlier people were denied boarding on Lufthansa.

Reactions: pkhare23

bansalvinay7

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Hello Everyone

I am an inland applicant and got an email to submit my COPR to get a permanent resident card. Please advise which copy of COPR to submit along with photo? Do we have to submit both client and IRCC copy or IRCC Copy only?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
That is right...we would need to clarify that...and what about transit visa through Germany? Do we need to apply for that too on a short notice
From what I understand if you are transiting via just one airport in Germany then you won't need a transit visa but if you need to transit via 2 airports then you need a transit visa.

Example,

Delhi-Frankfurt-Toronto(No transit visa)
Delhi-Munich-Frankfurt-Toronto(Transit visa)

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Agreed, the situation keeps evolving but so far improving. Canadian businesses are reopening, flights are restarting. As long as there’s no second wave and the IRCC finds an efficient way to clear the backlog, it’ll be fine.
In relation to the gap, I’m not so sure. IRCC has issued more ITAs in 2020 so far than by the same time last year.
Processing of those ITAs gonna take longer than usual maybe up to a year. So why IRCC wont prefer those who have already passed the eligibility and are ready to travel -> expired CoPR holders

Reactions: crackMBA

teekay0901

Jul 6, 2020
Checkout the response received for an US applicant in this thread for his "ready to travel" webform. IRCC is asking for documents for convincing them that you gonna stay in Canada and are not travelling only for paper work/landing formalities for confirmation of your PR status. Since your intentions are for staying in Canada then you should be able to provide documents like employment offer letter (if any)or plans for employment, rental agreement for your stay in Canada, POF, planned flight details and quarantine plans. Please go ahead for your "ready to travel" webform. Best of luck.
Thank you SO much for pointing me to the right direction! Went through the thread and found that post so I can now prepare for docs to show. I have no job offers or concrete plans tbh but I can definitely come up with a plan for employment and tell them I will be staying at a relative's place after quarantine. I am also banking on the fact that showing them my resignation letter from my current job and the fact that I will be giving up my H1b should be good enough proof.

amazinghare

Jul 6, 2020
Hi guys, I am currently in the USA planning to travel to CAnada in August. I am planning to stay for a couple of months and understand the scenarios. What documents do you think should I carry as a proof to show to the border agents

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I understand if you are transiting via just one airport in Germany then you won't need a transit visa but if you need to transit via 2 airports then you need a transit visa.

Example,

Delhi-Frankfurt-Toronto(No transit visa)
Delhi-Munich-Frankfurt-Toronto(Transit visa)
Airside transit in the Schengen area depends on your nationality. Most people are ok to transit.
Transferring from one airport to another in the Schengen zone requires a short stay visa, which maybe granted on the basis of transit. The process is time consuming especially now, and it costs 80 euros.

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your story and advice are useless. Keep the drama to yourself, no need to share.
Everyone will get extension, guaranteed.
This individual was simply sharing their experience and opinion like you, me, and everyone else in this forum. Discourse can take place without being impertinent.

Everyone is hopeful and relatively confident of getting their COPR’s extended. The exact process and timing, however, are undetermined thus far.

You seem pretty confident and have always been bullish about your claims of COPR extensions. Care to back it up with facts? Shouldn’t be an issue since it is ‘guaranteed’ as you claim. One could say your own statement: ‘Your story and advice are useless. Keep the drama to yourself, no need to share’ would apply to yourself if you can’t.

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
In my opinion, you have enough time until November to keep your current plans.

If you can’t travel within, say, the next 60 days, I would travel through the US or any other route. Surely you can get a voucher for your flight to Toronto in case it is cancelled, can’t you?
Thanks for feedback

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
The ticket you had booked in March can be rescheduled if yes do it or else get coupons and use the same to book different flight to Toronto if it is with AI. Otherwise I would recommend wait till this weekend to see how many chartered flights will be available and then start looking for flight tickets on those.
Thank you for the feedback

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Your story and advice are useless. Keep the drama to yourself, no need to share.
Everyone will get extension, guaranteed.
With the same confidence you were saying that "All visas will be extended without medicals". (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-391#post-8669776)
Well, I have been requested to do medicals again and my surveillance category is M1.
Unless, you are an Immigration Officer yourself, I can't see valid reasons for you being so confident about all theese medicals and COPR extensions.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
You should be okay mate. You will also have rental receipt and plane ticket to your destination province when you plan to travel so it shows willingness to settle in the province which gave you nomination.
Rental receipt? Do you mean for a temporary residence?

I got tensed after post about pnp declined at border.. I thought PNP COPR holders don't usually get declined at port of entry

Last edited:

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
Do update if you get any news.

If Qatar Airways accepts COPRs then Lufthansa or any other airline should too. But we really need a confirmation because I have read earlier people were denied boarding on Lufthansa.
I think what they mean by 'foreign nationals' is that individuals of any nationality but Indian who want move out of India ..since these rules have been given by the DGCA .. foreigners must mean people apart from Germany/EU. Whereas the fourth point clearly limits us indians. However, it is better to enquire. Important to note Qatar airways is clearly mentioning coprs.
@pkhare23 @SithLord