+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
With the same confidence you were saying that "All visas will be extended without medicals". (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-391#post-8669776)
Well, I have been requested to do medicals again and my surveillance category is M1.
Unless, you are an Immigration Officer yourself, I can't see valid reasons for you being so confident about all theese medicals and COPR extensions.
Hi,
Did you already send the form for "ready to travel"?

Thanks

Yiyang

Nov 9, 2019
M really hopeful about the next part.. I hope they extend all our coprs by a year so that we'd have a vaccine by then and this nightmare would be over
I guess IRCC might planning to let COPR holders who received documents after March 18 to landing, that depending on their student visa process speed. They said they were re-started to process student Visa on 1st July, and we can find that student visa holders and COPR holders were a group in March. That means IRCC maybe is collecting more students now, packing COPR together as previously, and release the information before fall intake.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Do update if you get any news.

If Qatar Airways accepts COPRs then Lufthansa or any other airline should too. But we really need a confirmation because I have read earlier people were denied boarding on Lufthansa.
Yes I have sent the email to Lufthansa I will update once they reply. On the other hand these Qatar Airways flights tickets were selling for 1.3 Lacs. :rolleyes:

Reactions: SithLord

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
No those 90 days mentioned is the time period given to LVO to reopen the expired COPR applications. You have notify them first about your willingness to travel. So step 3 has to happen first.
It's been 50 days already since my CoPR has expired, so I am left with 10 days to notify them of my willingness to travel. Is that right? Already raised the web form for unable to travel prior to CoPR expiry and received the reply for same. My visa office is New Delhi. It's closed and airlines are allowing only CoPR approved before March 18. How can we raise web form for being able to travel when in reality we can't?

Reactions: nt13

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
More good news for Indians, just found this on German consulate website

More regular repatriation flights with KLM are planned from Delhi to Amsterdam.
Available capacities provided, these flights shall be bookable directly on the KLM website

More regular repatriation flights with Air France are planned from Delhi to Paris, Mumbai to Paris and Bangalore to Paris.
Available capacities provided, these flights shall be bookable directly on the Air France website:

Transit is also permitted for those exempt from a Schengen transit visa; please keep your confirmed onward ticket ready and make sure prior to departure that your country of destination allows your entry.

Reactions: pkhare23

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
It's been 50 days already since my CoPR has expired, so I am left with 10 days to notify them of my willingness to travel. Is that right? Already raised the web form for unable to travel prior to CoPR expiry and received the reply for same. My visa office is New Delhi. It's closed and airlines are allowing only CoPR approved before March 18. How can we raise web form for being able to travel when in reality we can't?
Is your application reopened yet? If not reopened then I don't know this 60 days thing is applicable. Indian VOs are working differently and are waiting for commercial flights resumption for further communication. There are high chances of getting an email from Delhi Immigration once international flights are resumed.

Reactions: nt13

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Is your application reopened yet? If not reopened then I don't know this 60 days thing is applicable. Indian VOs are working differently and are waiting for commercial flights resumption for further communication. There are high chances of getting an email from Delhi Immigration once international flights are resumed.
There is no status change in my CIC account. It still shows approved.

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
There is no status change in my CIC account. It still shows approved.
Same here...mine also expired 2 months back, still it shows approved no movement in profile yet

I guess people from Sri Lanka can let us know whats happening with their expired COPRs...VAC over there have opened up on 15th June

Anyone from Sri Lanka (with Expired COPRs) please shed some light on this....it will help get clarity on way forward

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
You actually have 120 days to raise Willing to travel webform. After first 60 days are done LVO's are supposed to place a note in application and then applications should be brought forward to review for additional 60 days. Since NDVO is closed you can raise the webform when the open.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
@pkkhare23

I’m slightly confused on the 3rd point. Is the below interpretation correct.
Step 1: The applicant to send a mail that they are unwilling or unable to travel prior to expiry.
Step 2: Within 90 days IRCC to reopen the application.
Step 3: If the applicant feels he is able to travel prior to the application reopening he may raise a web form OR once application is reopened by IRCC raises a webform ready to travel within 60 days from the time it was reopened.
Step 4: In case he is unable to raise then he gets a further extension of 60 days.
Could you please share the link where this information involving 60 days thing has been mentioned?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Could you please share the link where this information involving 60 days thing has been mentioned?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Re-opened applications
Approved applications where the principal applicant has not already become a permanent resident can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision.

When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.

Reactions: wick_sran