wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Re-opened applications
Approved applications where the principal applicant has not already become a permanent resident can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision.

When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.
Thanks.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
@wick_sran

IRCC has also given clarity on how to proceed forward with extensions.

When to review a re-opened application

Once the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

From above statement it is clear that LVO's can ask for applicants to redo medicals, extend medicals. Basically Local VO's have been given full autonomy of extensions process so we might see variations in the way extensions are approved by different VO's.

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh

NaveenT

Jun 9, 2020
Hi,

I just called luftansa customer care and asked them if valid CoPR holders would be allowed on these repatriation flights from India. I was told that only US and Canadian citizens/PR holders would be allowed. Specifically asked about CoPR holders and that was a no.

I've mailed them as well to double check. Has anyone been able to get any other information regarding this?

My CoPr expires on the 26th of July

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
More good news for Indians, just found this on German consulate website

More regular repatriation flights with KLM are planned from Delhi to Amsterdam.
Available capacities provided, these flights shall be bookable directly on the KLM website

More regular repatriation flights with Air France are planned from Delhi to Paris, Mumbai to Paris and Bangalore to Paris.
Available capacities provided, these flights shall be bookable directly on the Air France website:

Transit is also permitted for those exempt from a Schengen transit visa; please keep your confirmed onward ticket ready and make sure prior to departure that your country of destination allows your entry.
The rules for KLM flights are similar to those of Lufthansa only they are more clear

Repatriation flights by KLM are in strict compliance with the EXIT and ENTRY regulations applicable at origin and destination as defined by the competent authorities.

Current approvals received by KLM for repatriation operations ex India allow travel of the following :
  • EU Nationals returning to home country ( including PR holding spouse and children below 18 years of age accompanied or otherwise)
  • Indian nationals with long-term EU residency permit with final destination within Europe.
  • All other foreign nationals returning to their home country.
  • Indian nationals with Green Cards, Permanent Resident permit to Canada, USA & other countries will be allowed to travel only in case of the specified family connection i.e Spouse is a national of the destination country*

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi,

I just called luftansa customer care and asked them if valid CoPR holders would be allowed on these repatriation flights from India. I was told that only US and Canadian citizens/PR holders would be allowed. Specifically asked about CoPR holders and that was a no.

I've mailed them as well to double check. Has anyone been able to get any other information regarding this?

My CoPr expires on the 26th of July
I have emailed them specifically asking same questions but it looks like a no because even KLM website is only mentioning US/Canadian spouse clause.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
The rules for KLM flights are similar to those of Lufthansa only they are more clear

Repatriation flights by KLM are in strict compliance with the EXIT and ENTRY regulations applicable at origin and destination as defined by the competent authorities.

Current approvals received by KLM for repatriation operations ex India allow travel of the following :
  • EU Nationals returning to home country ( including PR holding spouse and children below 18 years of age accompanied or otherwise)
  • Indian nationals with long-term EU residency permit with final destination within Europe.
  • All other foreign nationals returning to their home country.
  • Indian nationals with Green Cards, Permanent Resident permit to Canada, USA & other countries will be allowed to travel only in case of the specified family connection i.e Spouse is a national of the destination country*
So that means we can't travel

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I have emailed them specifically asking same questions but it looks like a no because even KLM website is only mentioning US/Canadian spouse clause.
This is strange because as per IRCC COPR holders should be exempt from travel. So technically, we should be able to fly through one of these planes but I guess the air carriers have their own rules.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Hi,
Did you already send the form for "ready to travel"?

Thanks
Yes, I did. After that they re-opened my file and wrote "As your visas have now expired, we will issue new medical exam instructions. Once results are received, we can issue new visas / immigration documents. ". So I recieved an Instruction Letter in my EE Account. Medical IOM is still closed, they don't know when they will reopen.

Reactions: PavD

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Hi, I'm from Lviv, Ukraine
No actions from VACs yet.
Raised ready to travel form more than a month ago, but even application status haven't changed
Hello, When did your COPR expire? Isn't your VO Warsaw? I think they process all CIS applications. Did you try to write to their address ? I did so, they answered within 4 hours.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Yes, I did. After that they re-opened my file and wrote "As your visas have now expired, we will issue new medical exam instructions. Once results are received, we can issue new visas / immigration documents. ". So I recieved an Instruction Letter in my EE Account. Medical IOM is still closed, they don't know when they will reopen.
And you raised the web form for able to travel after flights resumed in your country?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
This is strange because as per IRCC COPR holders should be exempt from travel. So technically, we should be able to fly through one of these planes but I guess the air carriers have their own rules.
I think these criteria are established based upon the approval given to these Airline by DGCA. Lufthansa has stated it specifically.

As per the approval given to Lufthansa by the Director General of Civil Aviation, only the following persons shall be allowed to travel on the special repatriation fights......

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I think these criteria are established based upon the approval given to these Airline by DGCA. Lufthansa has stated it specifically.

As per the approval given to Lufthansa by the Director General of Civil Aviation, only the following persons shall be allowed to travel on the special repatriation fights......
There are many PR holders and Canadian citizens stuck in India and they are given highest priority on these flights. If you read between the lines they don't want CoPR holders to occupy seats which could be taken by PR holders or Canadian citizens and their families.

Reactions: bun_b