+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

rex230

Dec 9, 2019
Congratulations on your succesful landing! Could you please help us out with a few queries it would be a great help!

What was your Mumbai to Delhi flight? Air India or some other carrier?
How did you manage the luggage? as domestic flights seem to have a cap of 20kgs
How was the Delhi domestic to International travel? shuttle?
And lastly any hassles while boarding as a COPR holder?

Cheers
I flew Vistara and bought an economy flexi ticket which allows 25kg per person. Not sure about indigo policy, however I read somewhere people were able to check in a cabin bag along with one 23kg bag. Most people in my flight had only laptop bag in cabin. I am planning to ship rest of my stuff from India later in October..

All the domestic flights are operating from international airport for Mumbai and Delhi. ( Please check before you leave) I just had to exit the domestic gate with my bags and again go inside from gate #8 for international flights in Delhi. (Few mins walk).
I did see international flight transfer board in domestic luggage section and thought there has to be a way to be transferred from inside the airport, but few policeman told me exit the domestic gate and come back so I did that.

No hassles for boarding with COPR( approved before March 18). Flight was mixed of all visa status like PR holders, citizens, work permits and COPRS.

Reactions: bun_b

0VISHNUM

Mar 19, 2019
Commercial flights are not available. Air India is running these flights repatriation flights for bringing indians stranded in other countries. So the flight which leaves from India is open for booking to destination countries.
Thanks for your quick response.

I just checked Air-India website and none of the flights have seats available from Delhi to Toronto. It shows Unavailable for June, July and August months.

DR007

Aug 27, 2018
What happened with COPR holders whom visas expired say in March, April or May after letting IRCC know about their travel availability via webform? Is there anybody who got COPR visa extension?

raaz141083

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for your quick response.

I just checked Air-India website and none of the flights have seats available from Delhi to Toronto. It shows Unavailable for June, July and August months.
Yeah Seats on these flights are sold out very fast. You need to keep trying sometimes it doesnt show correct information.

I Am A Shatriya

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hi, can you share which program did you apply for. Like was it Express Entry FSW (regular, canadian experience or provincial nominee). This is the first time I am reading about anyone getting their CoPR after 18th March.
I applied through FSW-O. Like me, there are many who got their coprs after March 18th. You could check:-

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cpc-ottawa-passport-processing

People like me cannot land in Canada as of now since they aren’t allowing people who got their coprs after March 18th to complete the landing process.

Silverskull

Jun 8, 2020
I applied through FSW-O. Like me, there are many who got their coprs after March 18th. You could check:-

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cpc-ottawa-passport-processing

People like me cannot land in Canada as of now since they aren’t allowing people who got their coprs after March 18th to complete the landing process.
Hi, thanks for sharing the link. I think what I wanted to say was that I thought they have stopped asking for passports to be sent to them for giving out CoPRs which I think is what I saw on the link as well (please let me know if I am wrong here). All those who sent their passports before March 18th are still getting their CoPRs although the processing times have been increased for them.

I Am A Shatriya

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing the link. I think what I wanted to say was that I thought they have stopped asking for passports to be sent to them for giving out CoPRs which I think is what I saw on the link as well (please let me know if I am wrong here). All those who sent their passports before March 18th are still getting their CoPRs although the processing times have been increased for them.
I am not sure whether or not they have stopped sending PPR emails. I received the passport request in early March and due to COVID-19 the processing of visa stamping and copr issuance got delayed.

mrr2019

Nov 7, 2019
United States
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
08-08-2019
Thanks for the response.

1. Did you took pre-filled BSF186 and BSF 186A forms on your first visit before landing? Or can we just prepare a long list on a plain paper and get it stamped?
2. I believe funds need not to be in CAD for meeting proof of funds condition and bank letter from a US bank indicating funds in USD should suffice the requirement for having minimum funds. Do you agree?
2. Were you able to use US credit/debit cards for ordering grocerices/booking cab/etc. till the time we did not open a Canadian bank account?
3. Did US phone number work without any hassles while you were there?
Hi,
1) No, I created a list in Excel with items, qty, estimated value and at the end a total value. One list for accompanying and one for items to follow. They took copies of each and stamped them.
2) my POF were US accounts (savings and 401k, mostly savings). No issues with that, but I had a printed summary with conversions to CAD, although I never used it.
3) yes, i was able to use my US cards for everything. Online ordering, uber, etc. I still use them.
4) it did, I had a line with Verizon that had unlimited US and Canada calls, text, data. No issues there. The only limitation was how much data you had daily at full speed, but we had wifi, so that was not an issue.

Reactions: icanh

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
I would say it did help. I was asked for the following documents:
- credit score and report (I used my US credit history)
- Employment letter and recent pay stubs
- Personal references
- at least 1 prior landlord reference was recommended (they did call mine)
Rental Application

After we application was completed they asked for first and last month rent, plus 10 post dated checks. I initially provided US checks but I later replaced them with Canadian checks.
I would recommend reaching out to different agents and asking about options if you don’t have employment or credit history. There might be other ways, like giving extra deposit or something.
Thanks a lot!

Reactions: mrr2019

krissanu

Jul 28, 2019
Hi,
1) No, I created a list in Excel with items, qty, estimated value and at the end a total value. One list for accompanying and one for items to follow. They took copies of each and stamped them.
2) my POF were US accounts (savings and 401k, mostly savings). No issues with that, but I had a printed summary with conversions to CAD, although I never used it.
3) yes, i was able to use my US cards for everything. Online ordering, uber, etc. I still use them.
4) it did, I had a line with Verizon that had unlimited US and Canada calls, text, data. No issues there. The only limitation was how much data you had daily at full speed, but we had wifi, so that was not an issue.
I always incur Foreign Transaction Charges for using regular (not travel) US credit cards outside the country. Which one are you using ?

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
We travelled from Detroit to Halifax on Saturday via ambassador bridge.

Here is the experience.

We rented car from Detroit to Toronto airport and left early in the morning.

At the ambassador bridge the officer at the gate asked all the basic details
1) why are you here- we have copr and moving into Canada
2)where in us are you from
3) do you have a list of items for customs declaration
4) are you importing car today
5) firearms,tobacco,etc,
6) how much money are you bringing in?

Once inside the office(empty it was just us) the officer basically asked for an address and we voluntarily gave a quarantine address and then a permanent address.

She asked for the reason and we said my wife has a job offer and she asked the company name. Took down all details, stamped the goods list.

I tried to give my friends address in Toronto for PR card, she didn't accept it. She said she will just enter the temporary address we will be staying in Halifax and since there is a very big backlog of PR cards we can change the address once we find a permanent home.

We left and drove to Toronto airport and took a flight to Halifax. After landing there were signs here that there is mandatory quarantine for anyone from out of province. There were two officials but they didn't check anyone.

We took a taxi to Airbnb and in quarantine since.

mrr2019

Nov 7, 2019
United States
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
08-08-2019
I always incur Foreign Transaction Charges for using regular (not travel) US credit cards outside the country. Which one are you using ?
I have multiple, one travel and one not travel but newer so it might have a promo period. I have used 3 cards from different banks and I have not been charged, but it is always credit card specific.

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
We travelled from Detroit to Halifax on Saturday via ambassador bridge.

Here is the experience.

We rented car from Detroit to Toronto airport and left early in the morning.

At the ambassador bridge the officer at the gate asked all the basic details
1) why are you here- we have copr and moving into Canada
2)where in us are you from
3) do you have a list of items for customs declaration
4) are you importing car today
5) firearms,tobacco,etc,
6) how much money are you bringing in?

Once inside the office(empty it was just us) the officer basically asked for an address and we voluntarily gave a quarantine address and then a permanent address.

She asked for the reason and we said my wife has a job offer and she asked the company name. Took down all details, stamped the goods list.

I tried to give my friends address in Toronto for PR card, she didn't accept it. She said she will just enter the temporary address we will be staying in Halifax and since there is a very big backlog of PR cards we can change the address once we find a permanent home.

We left and drove to Toronto airport and took a flight to Halifax. After landing there were signs here that there is mandatory quarantine for anyone from out of province. There were two officials but they didn't check anyone.

We took a taxi to Airbnb and in quarantine since.
Thank you.
-- Your COPR issue date is before 3/18?
-- Did your spouse has to show job offer (physical hard copy)?