+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
What will happen to those application who got pre arrival befor 18 march and nothing since...when should we expect an update from cic in new delhi ?

RitzzG

Jun 24, 2019
Hi,
1) No, I created a list in Excel with items, qty, estimated value and at the end a total value. One list for accompanying and one for items to follow. They took copies of each and stamped them.
2) my POF were US accounts (savings and 401k, mostly savings). No issues with that, but I had a printed summary with conversions to CAD, although I never used it.
3) yes, i was able to use my US cards for everything. Online ordering, uber, etc. I still use them.
4) it did, I had a line with Verizon that had unlimited US and Canada calls, text, data. No issues there. The only limitation was how much data you had daily at full speed, but we had wifi, so that was not an issue.
Great- I think most of my questions are answered and go about booking my flights. I am just trying to understand customs process in more details:

1. As per my understanding, GA and GTF is a self-typed list of items(or basic excel as you mentioned). BSF is just an alternative to to those handwritten ot self-typed lists, more like a formal document but serves the same purpose of our self made lists. In short, either I take 2 copies each of basic excel for GA and GTF or 4 copies of BSF, they are one and the same thing. Please correct me where I am wrong.

2. Do we need to list all the personal belongings in broad categories in GA - clothes, utensils, perfumes etc. I fear the list will run into pages. Not a big problem but would like to avoid unnecessary work if possible..

3. I am planning to do a soft landing but I am taking all my personal belongings with me (because of speculation that H1 travel ban may come into play soon and I may not reenter US), so all those go into GA lists. But in case, I return to US and permanently shift to Canada in future along with those all those personal belongings(with no additional items), can border agents ask for the same GA list or can they mention that those GA should in fact be in GTF list since I am again carrying those items on a future date or no need to worry about GA during second travel at all. Please suggest what should be done in that case.

4. I will not be disclosing to immigration officer that I am there just to soft landing. Is there any need to disclose the same to customs officer or no need?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah i am trying to find what response do we receive from CIC to know that our extension is considered. Some people are saying COPR issued before Mar18th are not qualified for extension. I tried contacting them on phone but i always hear that "customer service is experiencing high call volume and call cannot be transferred I m using 1 888 number" Please suggest.
Your "some" people are rather dumb people. My advice to you is don't become one of the "some"

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@Canaspirant xyz @Molino de Viente

Please see if this information is applicable to you

Flexibility in post-graduation work permit rules to help international students and Canadian post-secondary institutions

PGWPP eligibility will not be affected for international students whose fall 2020 courses will be online due to COVID-19. This is in line with guidance provided to students already studying in Canada or whose program had a spring or summer start date.

Students in this situation may begin their classes while outside Canada and complete up to 50% of their program via distance learning if they cannot travel to Canada sooner.

In addition, they will not have time deducted from the length of a future post-graduation work permit for studies completed outside of Canada, up to December 31, 2020.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/pgwpp-rules-covid19.html?fbclid=IwAR3YO8OsVDVsTo0GM0QVvbqnid0JAgkINYimCcJNeyHlMMyT6U6pCAqCv60

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019

Flexibility in post-graduation work permit rules to help international students and Canadian post-secondary institutions

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/pgwpp-rules-covid19.html?fbclid=IwAR3YO8OsVDVsTo0GM0QVvbqnid0JAgkINYimCcJNeyHlMMyT6U6pCAqCv60
Thank you for the link. However, I will not be able to start my studies as an International student (expensive). I hoped to become domestic as soon as I land (hopefully).

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Has anyone here booked tickets recently from india to canada?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi guys, to all those who were considering questionable accomodation for quarantine, I would strongly advise to spend a little extra but follow the guidelines. Somebody I know who travelled recently to Saskatchewan, an officer actually made a follow up visit to his quarantine address just to make sure the details provided were accurate. This might be a one in a thousand but best to follow the law of the land.

mrr2019

Nov 7, 2019
United States
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
08-08-2019
Great- I think most of my questions are answered and go about booking my flights. I am just trying to understand customs process in more details:

1. As per my understanding, GA and GTF is a self-typed list of items(or basic excel as you mentioned). BSF is just an alternative to to those handwritten ot self-typed lists, more like a formal document but serves the same purpose of our self made lists. In short, either I take 2 copies each of basic excel for GA and GTF or 4 copies of BSF, they are one and the same thing. Please correct me where I am wrong.

2. Do we need to list all the personal belongings in broad categories in GA - clothes, utensils, perfumes etc. I fear the list will run into pages. Not a big problem but would like to avoid unnecessary work if possible..

3. I am planning to do a soft landing but I am taking all my personal belongings with me (because of speculation that H1 travel ban may come into play soon and I may not reenter US), so all those go into GA lists. But in case, I return to US and permanently shift to Canada in future along with those all those personal belongings(with no additional items), can border agents ask for the same GA list or can they mention that those GA should in fact be in GTF list since I am again carrying those items on a future date or no need to worry about GA during second travel at all. Please suggest what should be done in that case.

4. I will not be disclosing to immigration officer that I am there just to soft landing. Is there any need to disclose the same to customs officer or no need?

Thanks in advance!
1) I believe so, but I never explored using BSF form, so not sure. I will let someone else take this question :)

2) Yes you can group items, I don’t think there is a specific rule. In my case I listed high value things separate (bikes, tvs, electronics, etc.) and all small low value items I grouped (kitchen items, books, etc) They never told me or asked anything about my list. They took them from me, a separate agent looked at them, took copies, signed or stamped (dont recall) and then gave me one of the stamped/signed docs (I believe I got the original lists backed, but stamped). Each of my lists was about a page and a half, we didn’t have a lot of belongings.

3) if the items are landing with you, then they are accompanying. Would you return to the US with everything again? You can always rent storage in Canada, not sure how many things you have. After I returned as a landed PR, I was driving a minivan full of many of the items on my GTF list. They just took another copy of my already signed/stamped list of GA/GTF. They never looked at the items when I first landed nor in my second trip. I’m not sure how it would work if you leave and return with all the same items. What I would say is that you can put extra things on the lists, even if they never make it to Canada, so I guess you can always double count.

4) no, there is no need to mention this. Your intention should be stated as permanently settling, if you leavee 2-3 weeks later and then travel to Canada in the future just have some explanation as to why you had to leave/return. I was never asked why by Canadian agents, but it never hurts to be prepared.

Reactions: dn3

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

PGWPP eligibility will not be affected for international students whose fall 2020 courses will be online due to COVID-19. This is in line with guidance provided to students already studying in Canada or whose program had a spring or summer start date.

Students in this situation may begin their classes while outside Canada and complete up to 50% of their program via distance learning if they cannot travel to Canada sooner.

In addition, they will not have time deducted from the length of a future post-graduation work permit for studies completed outside of Canada, up to December 31, 2020.

Thankyou for the info.It doesn't apply to us either.Its for international students who were going on study permit.Not for pr.We just wish by July we get some progress like opening of vfs or flights.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hardeep Singh Puri, Indian Union Civil Aviation Minister: "We are confident that in [July] we will start taking decisions on the resumption of international flights. I do not want to put a timeline here, all stakeholders & travellers need to be taken into confidence". LINK

Read the statement carefully and don't jump to conclusions. :)

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
I flew Vistara and bought an economy flexi ticket which allows 25kg per person. Not sure about indigo policy, however I read somewhere people were able to check in a cabin bag along with one 23kg bag. Most people in my flight had only laptop bag in cabin. I am planning to ship rest of my stuff from India later in October..

All the domestic flights are operating from international airport for Mumbai and Delhi. ( Please check before you leave) I just had to exit the domestic gate with my bags and again go inside from gate #8 for international flights in Delhi. (Few mins walk).
I did see international flight transfer board in domestic luggage section and thought there has to be a way to be transferred from inside the airport, but few policeman told me exit the domestic gate and come back so I did that.

No hassles for boarding with COPR( approved before March 18). Flight was mixed of all visa status like PR holders, citizens, work permits and COPRS.
Thanks!

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hardeep Singh Puri, Indian Union Civil Aviation Minister: "We are confident that in [July] we will start taking decisions on the resumption of international flights. I do not want to put a timeline here, all stakeholders & travellers need to be taken into confidence". LINK

Read the statement carefully and don't jump to conclusions. :)
All i want is to fast forward to the day they start the flights and we get an extension. Man! it's getting increasingly difficult to wait :(