COPR and coronavirus

kanaka_h

Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-08-2019
Hi friends
My CoPR is going to expire on July first week
I finally was able to book via AirIndia site for 6th June Mumbai to London (AI) to Toronto (AC) for 7th june, Price 1.17 lac INR+ 900 CAD
There is no transit visa needed for london or frankfort for CoPRs in this ticket scenario
Air India site was super slow, many times shown tickets unavailable, but keep on searching, we may be lucky.

For Frankfort CoPRs dont need transit visa for this ticket scenario, no 12 hours limit, confirmed with Frankfurt Border security
Thought to share you all... thanks

I am from Hyderabad, is there any one on same boat please? Kindly let me know as i still need to finalize my Hyderabad to Mumbai travel..
Hello,

Good to know you got an opportunity to travel during these difficult times!

Could you please tell me how you contacted Frankfurt Border Security for transit restrictions about COPR travel?

I plan to travel from Mumbai to Frankfurt via Air India VBM and Frankfurt to Toronto Air Canada. I have a valid COPR and issued before 18th March.

Thanks !

Kanaka H.

rex230

Dec 9, 2019
Hello,

Good to know you got an opportunity to travel during these difficult times!

Could you please tell me how you contacted Frankfurt Border Security for transit restrictions about COPR travel?

I plan to travel from Mumbai to Frankfurt via Air India VBM and Frankfurt to Toronto Air Canada. I have a valid COPR and issued before 18th March.

Thanks !

Kanaka H.
Check this before you book.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/several-indians-returning-to-us-canada-denied-boarding-on-repatriation-flight/article31772939.ece

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
Can someone please provide the link to the page where it says the exemptions are now in place and approved CoPR can travel. Also, any other relevant page that I need to show to the airline so they understand the exemptions to travel restriction.

kanaka_h

Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-08-2019

Nishm14

Apr 8, 2020
My husband and my COPR expired on 26th April 2020, now we are stuck in India. We have submitted multiple web forms but we get the same automated response. Did anyone at all hear back from IRCC or anywhere else how can we get the extension and when can we get it?

Reactions: mayar-123456789

joyjoyjoy

Aug 24, 2016
Friends,

My copr expired June 4th. I sent a request before it expired. Ircc replied not to worry and let them know when ready to travel. Now online I see my status changed from approved to pending which I thing is good. I am planning to go in August. Should I start the process now so that I get it in time for august. Also I see lot of questions regarding extension but no real experience from people who got extension. It will be great to share links of people’s experience.
Hi.
Where are you travelling from ,I am in a similar situation and planning to travel in Aug.
Please can you advice which drop down did you use to submit the web form.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
My husband and my COPR expired on 26th April 2020, now we are stuck in India. We have submitted multiple web forms but we get the same automated response. Did anyone at all hear back from IRCC or anywhere else how can we get the extension and when can we get it?
None on this thread has been granted an extension (except for Sponsor or Family class, Hong Kong VO applicant). No news at all. I started thinking that I am not getting any extension in the nearest 3 months - they are currently prioritizing Families and Sponsorship classes, then will be clearing the backlogs. Then looks like we will have to do re-medicals - another 1.5 months wait. If someone could shed some light of when we can count on extension, any positive news. But instead they are saying: even if we give you extension, don't be so happy, because you will not be exempt from the travel ban! If the travel ban is lifted in July or August, I am fine. But if not, all my plans (like plans of the others here) are completely shattered!

Nishm14

Apr 8, 2020
None on this thread has been granted an extension (except for Sponsor or Family class, Hong Kong VO applicant). No news at all. I started thinking that I am not getting any extension in the nearest 3 months - they are currently prioritizing Families and Sponsorship classes, then will be clearing the backlogs. Then looks like we will have to do re-medicals - another 1.5 months wait. If someone could shed some light of when we can count on extension, any positive news. But instead they are saying: even if we give you extension, don't be so happy, because you will not be exempt from the travel ban! If the travel ban is lifted in July or August, I am fine. But if not, all my plans (like plans of the others here) are completely shattered!

I am confused. I thought INDIA and COPR holders were exempt from the travel ban?

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
I am confused. I thought INDIA and COPR holders were exempt from the travel ban?
Apart from other groups (like family member of a PR/Citizenship holder, or Diplomats....) those who received their COPRs before 18th of March and have valid COPRs are exempt.

Newtocan

Jun 8, 2020
Does COPR (issued before March 18) holder, require any authorisation letter to enter Canada or to Leave India(i mean during immigration at Delhi).
Thanks

DrBlues

Jun 5, 2020
Hello everyone
Has anyone received an automatic PR visa extension due to coronavirus?
My acquaintance wrote to the Paris office a couple of weeks ago and he had a response that visas can be extended for 90 days automatically.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They didn’t extend my visa, and as far as I know they didn’t extend any visa yet. “Unfortunately” is because am ready and willing to travel now, but I can’t with expired or even renewed COPR
1. They will extend your and everyone's visa.
2.Travel restrictions and exemptions will all be soon lifted, mid-July early-August latest.