+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Only Air india connecting flights are allowing to carry hand baggage while other domestic flights are allowing only 1 check-in bag of 20kg (no cabin baggage allowed and only one handbag per person which can fit below the seat) They are not allowing to carry extra baggage also.

When asked why so strict and their response was it's a SOP for domestic flights given by the ministry of Aviation.
This seems to be becoming a common theme with some airlines as well to in theory to minimise any additional risks on the virus being carried on any additional surfaces carried into the cabin. Whether makes any sense or actually reduces any risks who knows given most of the time you can get the impression governments WW are making things up as they go as they have no real idea either how to manage this.

Always I guess check with airline beforehand as guidelines changing all the time given not good to get to the gate and have to checkin carry on that might contain thinkgs do not want to go in the hold, laptop, camera, medication etc...

Gaargi789

Sep 27, 2019
Only Air india connecting flights are allowing to carry hand baggage while other domestic flights are allowing only 1 check-in bag of 20kg (no cabin baggage allowed and only one handbag per person which can fit below the seat) They are not allowing to carry extra baggage also.

When asked why so strict and their response was it's a SOP for domestic flights given by the ministry of Aviation.
I called indigo airlines and apparently only 12kgs of extra baggage can be purchased at the counter and hand baggage rules are as you mentioned.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
After writing email to extend my VISA, no response, i believe the VAC in Delhi will open on 9th , so lets see what happens!
I dont think they will

Sagar_nandal

Apr 8, 2019
Hi all... Can anyone suggest if jewelry valuation certificate is still being checked at the immigration counter in covid times.. N is it to be done by government approved jeweller only

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
I dont think they will
Well i am not in a hurry , because as mentioned going to Canada , with poor job situation not a good idea !! But i am sure in June they will open, because you cannot just sit at home just because of virus , anyways Canada makes money from students and Immigrants, so you can imagine how much easy money they are loosing !!

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
08-10-2019
Passport Req..
06-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2020
LANDED..........
19-09-2020
Union Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri had said that the ministry is trying to start some percentage of international passenger flights before August.

Link

ProjectCanada

Nov 15, 2018
Homestly coming to Canada is likely better than staying in Pakistan. Covid is going to be around for the year at least. Hopefully there will be access to a vaccine soooner rather than later but It is unlikely that people will be given unlimited extensions if Canada is not on lockdown and flights are leaving from your home country. Service Canada offices are likely going to be open when you arrive if not open already and the delay should not be a big deal since you already need to remain in quarantine for 14 days. Do you have a job you need to start remotely on day 1? Many people have been able to arrange accommodation and been able to deal with online SIN registration. Lockdown has been eased in Toronto. In terms of picking up your own belongings do you have family members in the area? Do you have your own home or share with extended family? Getting stuff prepared to go to Canada isn’t a big deal since it doesn’t make sense to arrive within more than your luggage allowance or luggage allowance plus a bit more. When does your COPR expire? You will only be granted an extension once your COPR expires. Everyone seems to be getting an extension but think you need to get past the fact that you are going to be able to delay landing until covid is no longer an issue.
Thanks for all that concern, youre absolutely right, I am going to book tickets in the next day or two for the next week.

Plus, a new information has come to light, even if they extend the COPR and give anyone a new visa, the visa will be AFTER 18th March 2020 and anyone with that visa will not be allowed to travel to Canada anyways because only those with visa's before 18th March 2020 are exempt from travel restrictions.

But due to the situation I dont know if i will be able to find a job, if not, then softlanding and will come back after a year or so.
Not sure how softlanding would work because inbound flights to Pakistan are still halted.

ProjectCanada

Nov 15, 2018
After writing email to extend my VISA, no response, i believe the VAC in Delhi will open on 9th , so lets see what happens!
Even if they give you an extension the visa they give you will have been issued after 18th March 2020 and you will not be able to land as you will not be exempted from the current travel restrictions, so don't make any solid plans for now.

Wait for their response and the situation to change, for now, regrettably, your situation will remain in limbo for sometime so be mentally prepared and don't worry, whenever situation normalizes you would the first ones in the line anyways

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Even if they give you an extension the visa they give you will have been issued after 18th March 2020 and you will not be able to land as you will not be exempted from the current travel restrictions, so don't make any solid plans for now.

Wait for their response and the situation to change, for now, regrettably, your situation will remain in limbo for sometime so be mentally prepared and don't worry, whenever situation normalizes you would the first ones in the line anyways
In no hurry , because no Jobs in Canada, many firms are on hiring freeze !! As far as the situation is concerned , i don't see it improving unless you get vaccine shots as cases are just rising !!

joyjoyjoy

Aug 24, 2016
I raised a web form on 6th May. I’ve not mentioned that in case I will get one flight then I will come within the validity of COPR. I’ve successfully submitted the web form. But on 17th I got one flight and I have not filled another web form stating that I’m coming or please ignore my web form submitted on 6th May.
hi
Please can you advice which header did you use from the web form drop down ?
there is no heading for covid 19 or copr extension .
And did yoy get a response ?
Thanks

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Friends,

My copr expired June 4th. I sent a request before it expired. Ircc replied not to worry and let them know when ready to travel. Now online I see my status changed from approved to pending which I thing is good. I am planning to go in August. Should I start the process now so that I get it in time for august. Also I see lot of questions regarding extension but no real experience from people who got extension. It will be great to share links of people’s experience.

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Actually it turned out that even if you get the visa extension, your new visa will be issued after March 18 and you will not be exempted from the travel ban.
My COPR expired on the 11th of May and my application was reopened. I have raised a webform before the expiry of my COPR, and I have raised another webform after that explaining my readiness to travel now.
Unfortunately I have received this email from Rome Visa Office:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that the travel restriction measures provide an exemption for foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence and who were eligible to travel to Canada to become landed permanent residents on or before 18 March 2020, the date on which the first interim order came into force.

However, as your COPR document expired before you travelled and your application reopened, a new decision is required on your case that will be dated after 18 March 2020. As such, you would not fall under the travel restriction measure exemption.

You can use the Web form to request more information from IRCC Ottawa. It can be found at www.canada.ca/en/im...expire

Until you receive specific instructions to renew your documents, it is inadvisable to book flights to travel to Canada.

Please be advised that the Embassy of Canada in Italy is offering essential services only at present due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Reissuance of documents is not possible at this time.

Kind regards,
please let us know what will happen to u ? plz update us.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually it turned out that even if you get the visa extension, your new visa will be issued after March 18 and you will not be exempted from the travel ban.
My COPR expired on the 11th of May and my application was reopened. I have raised a webform before the expiry of my COPR, and I have raised another webform after that explaining my readiness to travel now.
Unfortunately I have received this email from Rome Visa Office:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that the travel restriction measures provide an exemption for foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence and who were eligible to travel to Canada to become landed permanent residents on or before 18 March 2020, the date on which the first interim order came into force.

However, as your COPR document expired before you travelled and your application reopened, a new decision is required on your case that will be dated after 18 March 2020. As such, you would not fall under the travel restriction measure exemption.

You can use the Web form to request more information from IRCC Ottawa. It can be found at www.canada.ca/en/im...expire

Until you receive specific instructions to renew your documents, it is inadvisable to book flights to travel to Canada.

Please be advised that the Embassy of Canada in Italy is offering essential services only at present due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Reissuance of documents is not possible at this time.

Kind regards,
I don't get it, what is the "unfortunately" for? You tell them you are ready to travel and they extend your visa based on you wanting to travel then you are saying you can't travel?