+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Hi guys,

My mother went to USA from Canada in January 2020. She was in Canada on a Super Visa while her PR application was still under process.
In February 2020, she got her PR and I provided the US mailing address, so she got her passport back and everything was done properly.
Her return flight is on July 1st. Can she travel back from USA on July 1st? Her PR was approved before 18th March.

Your responses will be much appreciated.
Thanks

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys,

My mother went to USA from Canada in January 2020. She was in Canada on a Super Visa while her PR application was still under process.
In February 2020, she got her PR and I provided the US mailing address, so she got her passport back and everything was done properly.
Her return flight is on July 1st. Can she travel back from USA on July 1st? Her PR was approved before 18th March.

Thanks
I don't think she would have any problems.

Reactions: hinavin

PM21

May 29, 2020
Ok and nothing needs to be paid for the extra 1 bag right, after the luggae is being tagged till Toronto?
Also my connecting flight has a layover of 17 hours in Frankfurt? I hope no transit visa is required and it's all ok?
Do you require transit visa in your case (India -> Frankfurt -> Canada). If yes, how did you get it?
Do people with COPR require transit visa?

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi guys,

Thanks
Sure she can! Exactly as @pkhare23 said!

Best wishes!

Reactions: pkhare23

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Do you require transit visa in your case (India -> Frankfurt -> Canada). If yes, how did you get it?
No you wouldn't require a Transit Visa if you are going through Frankfurt to US or Canada it should be written under transit visa exemptions.

However, in current scenario I would double check just to be on safe side

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
You can check it online but as far as I know with my experience of transiting through European airports. If you have connecting flights on same ticket you can go but if you have open ticket, you need a visa.
I do not know about current rules under COVID.

Gypsy run

May 24, 2020
Hello,
The experience I’m sharing today may be helpful for someone and this happens because of Mr. D C Sharma an active member of this blog.

I booked Del London Air India 17th May (Right now I’m in the waiting area of Airport)
London Toronto Air Canada 18th May after layover of 17 hours
COPR valid till 18th May

Air India staff is very supportive and they have tagged my luggage till Toronto.
One just need to fill two forms at the airport. One is in duplicate and one is simple declaration. Just need to fill passenger and flight details.
Verbal information acquired about address in Canada for quarantine purpose.
Have downloaded ArriveCAN app for intimating my arrival in Canada.

Will intimate further....

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks for the info, Could you please tell if the flight that you booked as part of Vande Bharat Ex-pat run. Did you book a separate flight?
Del - London on the Air India website and then the other one on the Air Canada website.

Gaargi789

Sep 27, 2019
Hello,
The experience I’m sharing today may be helpful for someone and this happens because of Mr. D C Sharma an active member of this blog.

I booked Del London Air India 17th May (Right now I’m in the waiting area of Airport)
London Toronto Air Canada 18th May after layover of 17 hours
COPR valid till 18th May

Air India staff is very supportive and they have tagged my luggage till Toronto.
One just need to fill two forms at the airport. One is in duplicate and one is simple declaration. Just need to fill passenger and flight details.
Verbal information acquired about address in Canada for quarantine purpose.
Have downloaded ArriveCAN app for intimating my arrival in Canada.

Will intimate further....

Thanks
Hi, just wanted to know if you required a transit visa for UK?

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
For those would need a proof of address to apply for a SIN online, since last Friday you can use an "employment contract that shows your address".
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/applicants-guide.html#address
Another tip for those trying to get a proof of address: if you open an account online with TD Bank, they will send a letter with your address printed on it.
This without activating the account.
The only thing you just need a mobile phone number.
They even sent me a debit card :oops:

vikas.trades25

Jan 8, 2019
You should have received an email which says folks with COPR issued before 18 March can travel. Border on Canada side is not closed for them.
You can decide to not go now and raise webform
I have raised a webform saying that I would like to come at a later date than my CoPR date. Though I could travel, I would like to travel after few months. This is the response I have received from them on email, there was no mention of any extension date or any other thing. Is this the usual response. Should I travel now or raise another form to ask queries related to how it would work after my CoPR date:

"We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps."

Reactions: raaz141083

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Hi, just wanted to know if you required a transit visa for UK?
Indian Passport with Canada Immigrant Visa and connecting flight within 24 hours without exiting the airport. doesn’t require transit visa.

sushrut01

Jul 7, 2018
Hello,
I am looking for some insights/recommendation on what would be the best way forward for someone with the following specifics :

COPR expiry : 4th June, 2020
Country of residence : USA
Webform submitted : May 15 (Requested extension, and expressed unwillingness to travel before expiry date, given the covid-19 related circumstances in new jersey)
Generic response received : May 19 (The usual - "Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic...")

Options that I am evaluating
Option 1
: Take a flight to Toronto on 3rd June. Return back after 14 day mandatory isolation ( Unless it is possible to return back from the airport after soft landing ?)
Option 2 : Not to travel before COPR expires. Evaluate covid related situation in mid-June/July, and submit webform expressing readiness to travel and requesting for extension/next steps.

Currently leaning towards option 2.
Would be great if anyone has experience/insight and can guide.

Thank you!

NehaGupta19

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
NOC Code......
I already raised a web form before my documents expired. Do I need to intimate them one more time? And now should I wait for regular International Flights to resume and then inform IRCC or am I eligible for Vande Bharat flights?
Hi Neha,

Since your CoPR has expired then you need to get another CoPR with extended date. For this you need to wait for international flights to resume and raise another webform and wait again for IRCC to reply with instructions. I am not sure if we should count on Vande Bharat flights as they are run on temporary basis and are not the regular flights.
That is a very good advise. Thank you. I am growing out of patience now. Everything is shaken up.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte