+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Dear all,

Is there any UAE resident who wants to travel to canada for landing and plan to return back to UAE?
Though flights are available for both inbound and outbound, it requires approval from MOFAIC.. to travel back to UAE..

Also, did anyone so far get the sure steps for COPR extension?
If we are sure enough, I would prefer to delay my landing and would plan for my permanent move once things are better.. dont want to take any chances with my Kid, specially!!
I m in the same boat!

praveenuva

Oct 16, 2018
Dear all,

Is there any UAE resident who wants to travel to canada for landing and plan to return back to UAE?
Though flights are available for both inbound and outbound, it requires approval from MOFAIC.. to travel back to UAE..

If we are sure enough, I would prefer to delay my landing and would plan for my permanent move once things are better.. dont want to take any chances with my Kid, specially!!
Hi , I am also in UAE..I think inbound will be a problem and what if we are not allowed to enter

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Cool..Did they ask you any questions regarding Quarantine, like where will you stay and show a copy of stay etc?
Yes, I was asked about 4 different places in the airport to confirm that I have a stay where I can get all the required amenities without interacting much. They did not asked for any proof, just kind of self declaration.

MonaPraveen

May 15, 2020
Dear all,

I am in the same boat

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Which terminal in YYZ did you enter through, also are there any temperature checks at airport , Also did they ask you any questions about Quarantine and show a proof of stay, i'm planning to stay at my sister's place so not sure what they will say
Flight landed in Terminal-3, no temperature checks at both US and Canada. They asked questions for quarantine at multiple places, but no proof needed, just have a sign a self-declaration with address details.
If staying at a shared apartment, other persons will also need to quarantine, so not sure about officer's reaction to that.

Reactions: RedSky

RedSky

May 15, 2020
Flight landed in Terminal-3, no temperature checks at both US and Canada. They asked questions for quarantine at multiple places, but no proof needed, just have a sign a self-declaration with address details.
If staying at a shared apartment, other persons will also need to quarantine, so not sure about officer's reaction to that.
Thankyou for your reply, one question was your CoPR destination the same as your landed destination : Toronto ??

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Thankyou for your reply, one question was your CoPR destination the same as your landed destination : Toronto ??
No, they need not match except for special cases like Quebec where you will have to clarify.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Dear all,

Hi Rahul,

I am also a UAE resident. MOFAIC is no longer handling approvals, its the ICA now. Although you only need to get approval if you plan to return back to the UAE.

As far as I'm aware, there are flight options with Emirates Airlines as well as with KLM flying via Amsterdam.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi , I am also in UAE..I think inbound will be a problem and what if we are not allowed to enter
Hi, I'm a UAE resident too. Yes you need to get approval from ICA to return back to UAE. Plus it will require 14 days mandatory quarantine upon arrival in Dubai as well... What flight options have you looked at?

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
I received this response from the IRCC today. A bit different from the other ones I saw here.

Good day Jefferson,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have forwarded the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on the extension request.

Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in Manila, Philippines, you may also contact them too in order to:

• Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Add a representative or designated individual on file,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome of a request.
  • You will find the complete list of visa offices on ourwebsite.

Once you have selected the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different contact options.

Moreover, the Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To obtain the latest information on the situation, we invite you to consult the How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services page.

We invite you to consult our website regularly. It will be updated as the situation evolves.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
I got similar reply after raising the webform for extension.