+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nityar

Jan 8, 2020
Ditto. I have booked a flight too since AI people told me the same. However, I plan to use the publically available information on the page to substantiate my claim that I can travel. CoPR expires 23 June 2020 though.

Any ideas as to what else can be used and how we can get an email from CIC/High commission so fast ?
So i did receive email from cic few weeks back stating we are part of exemptiom and can travel now. It was a common email sent to everyone i suppose we can take printout for that as well as the printout from cic official webpage.

Nityar

Jan 8, 2020
Hey, Just wanted to confirm. Publically it is written that only a person with valid visa for more than 1 year can travel and still you booked the ticket with visa expiring soon. I may have misunderstood the statement. Can you please explain?
Thanks
Thats true but its a special one time visa plus to back ourselves we do have email from cic which allows us to land.

Avid_Reader

May 25, 2019
Hi guys..airindia has started booking for canada as part of phase 2 repatriation. I have recetly booked two tickets for 21st May from Delhi. Had called airindia and they said if we have letter from cic it should work.
Are you already in Delhi? If not how are you planning to reach delhi. Anyone from Hyderabad here?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thats true but its a special one time visa plus to back ourselves we do have email from cic which allows us to land.
Did you submit a web form to get an email because I did not receive any email like that. It is just posted on CIC site about the exemptions.

Last edited:

rex230

Dec 9, 2019
ok
No such news has been released thus far about regular commercial airline travel out of India. The Railways cancelled all tickets booked to travel on or before June 30, so I assume, it may be a while until airlines become operational. Also, once air spaces operate, you're not going to be able to immediately fly; there may be ticket cancellations or other travel-related troubles.

I suggest that you set up a couple of Google Alerts with the keywords "International", "travel" and "India". Better still, turn them into an RSS feed and check them from your browser.
Okay. Thank you.
Just came across this
https://www.aircanada.com/content/aircanada/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/china-travel.html/#/atlantic-2

Nityar

Jan 8, 2020
Did you submit a web form to get an email because I did not receive any email like that. It is just posted on CIC site about the exemptions.
Nope it was a automatic email. It looked like below:
La version française suit le texte anglais.

Important information for approved permanent residence applicants currently outside Canada

This email is for you if:

you are outside of Canada
your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved and
you have a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR)
If you are already in Canada, please disregard this message; it does not apply to you. If you are a representative, please inform your clients who fit the above description.

Congratulations again on having been selected to immigrate to Canada. We look forward to welcoming you. Unfortunately, the response to the global pandemic is forcing travel restrictions and delays in plans for many. We want to ensure you are aware of restrictions in place in Canada at this time.

On March 20, 2020, the Government of Canada provided updates on exemptions to travel restrictions in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Find out if the travel restrictions apply to you:

If your PR application was approved before or on March 18, 2020, you are allowed to travel to Canada. Please read about the public health measures below. If circumstances allow, we encourage you to continue to make plans to land in Canada in 2020.
If your PR application was approved after March 18, 2020, you should not make any plans to travel to Canada until travel restrictions are lifted. You will not be allowed into Canada at this time.
Use the issuance date on your CoPR to determine if you were approved before, on, or after March 18, 2020. If possible, we encourage you and your accompanying family members to arrive in Canada at the same time.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Nope it was a automatic email. It looked like below:
La version française suit le texte anglais.

Important information for approved permanent residence applicants currently outside Canada

This email is for you if:

you are outside of Canada
your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved and
you have a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR)
If you are already in Canada, please disregard this message; it does not apply to you. If you are a representative, please inform your clients who fit the above description.

Congratulations again on having been selected to immigrate to Canada. We look forward to welcoming you. Unfortunately, the response to the global pandemic is forcing travel restrictions and delays in plans for many. We want to ensure you are aware of restrictions in place in Canada at this time.

On March 20, 2020, the Government of Canada provided updates on exemptions to travel restrictions in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Find out if the travel restrictions apply to you:

If your PR application was approved before or on March 18, 2020, you are allowed to travel to Canada. Please read about the public health measures below. If circumstances allow, we encourage you to continue to make plans to land in Canada in 2020.
If your PR application was approved after March 18, 2020, you should not make any plans to travel to Canada until travel restrictions are lifted. You will not be allowed into Canada at this time.
Use the issuance date on your CoPR to determine if you were approved before, on, or after March 18, 2020. If possible, we encourage you and your accompanying family members to arrive in Canada at the same time.
Okay thanks. My case is a bit different. In our application (I and my wife), I was the principal applicant (Inland, already in Canada) and my wife was Overseas dependent (In India). Since, I was in Canada I did my landing (as I was told by IRCC) and my wife got her COPR & immigrant visa for landing in Canada. We were suppose fly on May 4 but could not becasue of this COVID.
Anyways, can you tell me the AI call center nos ? I am trying the nos but not getting through.
Thanks

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Okay thanks. My case is a bit different. In our application (I and my wife), I was the principal applicant (Inland, already in Canada) and my wife was Overseas dependent (In India). Since, I was in Canada I did my landing (as I was told by IRCC) and my wife got her COPR & immigrant visa for landing in Canada. We were suppose fly on May 4 but could not becasue of this COVID.
Anyways, can you tell me the AI call center nos ? I am trying the nos but not getting through.
Thanks
911242641407 - Better to chat instead

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yeah tried this no. Even chat was getting failed. Did you chat?
Air India contact numbers for callers outside India
USA & Canada:
1888 634 1407 (Toll Free)
UK
0800 048 9254 (Toll Free)
Australia
613 701 98270 (Toll Number) #
France
331 874 06644 (Toll Number) #
Germany
496925511337 (Toll Number) #
Singapore
800 101 4016 (Toll Free)

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
So, the Canadian High Commission just posted this an hour ago

https://www.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/update-on-air-india-flights-to-canada/3217457871640158/

Not trying to justify me booking a flight basis my CoPR but the text here says

Canadian citizens and permanent resident card-holders are eligible to enter Canada. Eligible travellers do not require additional permission letters. Travellers who are not in one of these categories are NOT eligible to travel unless they meet travel restriction exemptions AND their travel is deemed non-optional and non-discretionary.

Followed by:

Interested travellers should contact Air India directly for bookings and inquiries and NOT the Canadian High Commission or Consulates as we cannot make determinations of eligibility. Note that these flights are NOT organized by the Government of Canada, and the Government of Canada cannot facilitate visa and immigration services for passengers who choose to take these flights. Only travellers who are already in possession of valid documents allowing them to enter Canada should purchase tickets on these flights