+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hmm. May be less people at tat time. Now its not going through.
Thanks
Your wife has a CoPR and one time visa. I don't think why it is a special case instead your case is strong as she has a valid reason to travel to Canada to unite with immediate family (which is you). If her CoPR is issued prior to 18th March then she is allowed to enter in Canada. Since other CoPR holders have already booked AI flight tickets then I believe based on that you can also book ticket.

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
Yeah me and my partner are planning from delhi. However called air india few hours back and they seem to not having a clear idea of our situation. Also they said they haven’t received any list from MOCL as of now so cant help with booking. They sounded confused and so we are!
Hi
I am in same situation, we called Air India 3 times, 2 times they said CoPR holders can book ticket, 1 time another executive told no
Question is can we book ticket based on customer care call, as what if custom officer disallows at boarding time, very confusing situation

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
That will be me. Actually from Hyderabad to Toronto. For Mom. CoPR expires 19 May. Could not find any Canadian cities in the Air India flight list.
+1 , Same, hyd to Toronto...

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi
I am in same situation, we called Air India 3 times, 2 times they said CoPR holders can book ticket, 1 time another executive told no
Question is can we book ticket based on customer care call, as what if custom officer disallows at boarding time, very confusing situation
This is the same question that I have. No one is clear about anything. They are not even sure about the rules as Immigrant visa will always be for less than 1 year. Let me know how did you proceed?
Thanks

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Guys: be careful, after we had booked, before boarding, a representative from the embassy called me to verify, and told me CoPR holders were not residents and had to demonstrate essential travel purposes. He would've sent us back if we were not already at the airport!

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
dont book from air india unless you already have a PR or a 1 yr validity visa. it clearly states on their website. they will provide vague information that copr can board, deny you at the airport based on website information, and lock up your money of 1.37 lakhs with no refunds in sight for months or years. air india are goons like that, probably the worst run airlines in the world. i think in one of their flights both pilots came out of he cockpit to manhandle a passenger while the flight was on autopilot.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
dont book from air india unless you already have a PR or a 1 yr validity visa. it clearly states on their website. they will provide vague information that copr can board, deny you at the airport based on website information, and lock up your money of 1.37 lakhs with no refunds in sight for months or years. air india are goons like that, probably the worst run airlines in the world. i think in one of their flights both pilots came out of he cockpit to manhandle a passenger while the flight was on autopilot.
Yup bud, this is my main concern. i have already blocked around 1.4 Lakhs at different places in tickets.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hello Friends,
I am also in same situation. My parents copr expired April end. They had booked air India tickets before but could not travel due to covid 19.Now they cannot travel because of expired copr. Anyone got their copr extended? Also what are the travel restrictions for copr? are they allowed to travel or no.

foxstiger

Sep 10, 2019
Guys: be careful, after we had booked, before boarding, a representative from the embassy called me to verify, and told me CoPR holders were not residents and had to demonstrate essential travel purposes. He would've sent us back if we were not already at the airport!
Which area did you fly from and which airline?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
what did that person get a copr extension for?

I thought they were quite strict on not being able to extend (apart from the pandemic exception), it says so on my copr.
I didn't ask him but it might have been some medical issue in his family.He didnt even had to give remedicals.In rare and extreme cases ircc understands.If in such rare case they understood ,why will they not understand this time when every person on the globe is affected.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I tried to chat with them and they ended my chat without any answer. There evergreen reply is "Please be on chat, let me check with my representative".

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
Hi
It seems CoPR holders are allowed on these outbound flights, check
http://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/14May-redone-Travel-Advisory-Canada-converted.pdf

And refer point 3 and canada section..not sure how to attach image here

Nityar

Jan 8, 2020
Guys its all sorted..Air India has posted on their website what visas can travel and it has copr before 18th march listed.