Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, that's the same list I got and am flying over to Toronto next Sunday.

Edit: Am also carrying the copy of the Email from the Airlines confirming that I can board.
An email from an airline employee doesn’t guarantee that you can fly. A letter from the Canadian Embassy would.

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Why are you renting a car for 14 days? You will not be able to leave the hotel for 14 days. Would make sure the restaurant is actually open. There are grocery delivery apps like instacart, restaurant delivery like Uber eat, Loblaws and grocery gateway deliveryetc. There are also volunteer groups that will probably pick up your grocery order and drop it off in front of your door. If you want to end up in London you could also drive straight to London and quarantine there. It may be less expensive to get an AirBnB there. You may be able to drop off the rental and pick up another one after 14 days.
Car rental? Evaluated all the cost, car rental seems to be the best deal comparing costs for Uber and all. Yes, it would stay parked in hotel for 14 days, but still it is much cheaper considering I have to take car rental again after Quatantine.

Hotel Restaurant? Yes, confirmed with hotel before booking it.

Grocery? Yes, have Instacart account, probably would be cooking our own food as well which is why booked Residence Inn as it has Kitchen with cookware. Restaurant is just a backup option in case.

Staying at London? Hotels and AirBnbs are comparatively costly in London which is the reason of choosing quarantine time at Toronto, plus London has a very limited area serviced by Uber-eats, Instacart, etc.

AirBnb? I did not liked the cancellation policy for AirBnb. I chose hotel as they have flexible free cancellation until the time of check-in. This was needed just in case I was not allowed to be boarded by airlines.

Reactions: icanh and canuck78

preritkaji

Nov 8, 2017
COPR expires on 24th July 2020
Primary applicant Medicals expire on 25 July 2020
Dependent child Medical expire on 13 August 2020

Already changed my flight to open ticket.
In my case, after a lot of effort I was able to obtain a medical for my daughter from my ex spouse.
Question- When i put a COPR extension request and if re-medicals are required. Would it also mean re-medical for my daughter. This would be very difficult for me. What judgment can we have about this ?
Please share your understanding

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hi all,

My wife's COPR expires on May 25th. I raised a webform and got this generic response:

Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi will be limiting its operations until further notice. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed until further notice.

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page.

Now I realize there are some people who got very specific response saying there application has been forwarded to the visa office. Now I am just confused, do I need to raise another webform until i get the specific answer or should this be enough and just wait form them to contact me?

Please reply if you have gone through the same.

Thanks,
AK

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
COPR expires on 24th July 2020
Primary applicant Medicals expire on 25 July 2020
Dependent child Medical expire on 13 August 2020

Already changed my flight to open ticket.
In my case, after a lot of effort I was able to obtain a medical for my daughter from my ex spouse.
Question- When i put a COPR extension request and if re-medicals are required. Would it also mean re-medical for my daughter. This would be very difficult for me. What judgment can we have about this ?
Please share your understanding
Most are being given extension without needing to redo medicals. If extensions go on for a long time that may change.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

My wife's COPR expires on May 25th. I raised a webform and got this generic response:

Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi will be limiting its operations until further notice. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed until further notice.

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page.

Now I realize there are some people who got very specific response saying there application has been forwarded to the visa office. Now I am just confused, do I need to raise another webform until i get the specific answer or should this be enough and just wait form them to contact me?

Please reply if you have gone through the same.

Thanks,
AK
You will get a specific extension response eventually. You have to wait until the COPR expires first and then you should hear during the weeks after that.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Just a friendly question,
Even if repatriation flight starts from India to Canada, how can we reach to airport i.e Mumbai or Delhi which are in red zone
I mean is there any permission we have to ask or what?
My wife has got Copr and she might come through repatriation flight, That's why asking.
Hey, as far as I know those special flights are only for Canadian citizens. Even my wife wants to travel but they are not allowing. Let me know if you come across any news.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey, as far as I know those special flights are only for Canadian citizens. Even my wife wants to travel but they are not allowing. Let me know if you come across any news.
Thanks
Citizens and PRs have priority. People who are more vulnerable health-wise or in need of medical care get priority and essential workers also get priority. There will not be enough spaces to meet the demand. Those who have been living in a India also are on the bottom of the list.

rad1234

Jun 26, 2019
Hi All, i am just catching up on all posts about soft landing during this time for immigration purposes. Can someone confirm if they have checked with IRCC and if this is allowed? Also has anyone soft landed and returned to home country after soft landing after the quarantine rule has gone into effect in Canada?

Apologies because after reading through all the queries I am not 100% clear on if soft landing is permitted and settlement papers being done at airport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All, i am just catching up on all posts about soft landing during this time for immigration purposes. Can someone confirm if they have checked with IRCC and if this is allowed? Also has anyone soft landed and returned to home country after soft landing after the quarantine rule has gone into effect in Canada?

Apologies because after reading through all the queries I am not 100% clear on if soft landing is permitted and settlement papers being done at airport.
Are you soft landing on the same day or remaining for at least 14 days?

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
An email from an airline employee doesn’t guarantee that you can fly. A letter from the Canadian Embassy would.
Not sure about a letter from the embassy, But, I don't really trust the folks at the boarding gate with the IRCC travel exemption . Just to avoid explaining stuff to them.