+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

foxstiger

Sep 10, 2019
Which area are you from?
I also looked option to fly from PHL, as JFK and PHL takes almost same time from my location. PHL has a direct flight too to YYZ and seems to be a safer option than JFK considering Covid-19 cases in NYC.
I'm actually from the NYC area, so I guess JFK is the best I can get.

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
I'm actually from the NYC area, so I guess JFK is the best I can get.
All the best. I will update you once I finalize my plans. Still fighting with my manager for leaves.. :p

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Dropping in to say I have received an email from IRCC confirming that I am now a PR (without any landing interview done). Do note that I was an inland applicant.

Although I am still required to send a photograph along with CoPR documents for them to issue permanent resident card.
Congrats!!

Really wish they do something like this for outland applicants.

rezanowbari

Jul 18, 2019
Has anybody recently flown with Air Canada with copr. I here conflicting information about the admissibility of copr holder on Air Canada flights. Their website also does not include the exact exemptions announcement of the government

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dropping in to say I have received an email from IRCC confirming that I am now a PR (without any landing interview done). Do note that I was an inland applicant.

Although I am still required to send a photograph along with CoPR documents for them to issue permanent resident card.
what is your visa office? is it etobicoke?

May 1, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am an Inland applicant and my landing interview was scheduled for 26th March,2020 which got canceled due to COVID-19. Can I also expect a similar email for PR Confirmation by IRCC?

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi. Just like to share an update. On my cic account they changed counterfoil status to invalid and entered copr as valid. I called ircc earlier, waited for 23 mins to get through and asked what that update in my account meant. He checked it for a while and told me that I am already a permanent resident. I told him I did not receive any email confirming it, so he said he will email etobicoke office cause that’s where I’m supposed to have the landing appointment. He said that it’s his first time seeing this situation, i.e skipped the phone interview. He even said that my pr card processing is on going. So I asked what photo will they use cause I only submitted them an online copy during my express entry application. He told me to just wait for their email for further instruction. My Copr is expiring on June 9, 2020.

so it seems that every office does it differently. I am not sure if they considered my case as urgent because it’s near expiry.
Will update again once I’ve received instruction for Pr card processing.

Reactions: Dia89

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am an Inland applicant and my landing interview was scheduled for 26th March,2020 which got canceled due to COVID-19. Can I also expect a similar email for PR Confirmation by IRCC?
If you have a CoPR then I believe you would be expecting the same email. Please check your spam or junk folder.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi. Just like to share an update. On my cic account they changed counterfoil status to invalid and entered copr as valid. I called ircc earlier, waited for 23 mins to get through and asked what that update in my account meant. He checked it for a while and told me that I am already a permanent resident. I told him I did not receive any email confirming it, so he said he will email etobicoke office cause that’s where I’m supposed to have the landing appointment. He said that it’s his first time seeing this situation, i.e skipped the phone interview. He even said that my pr card processing is on going. So I asked what photo will they use cause I only submitted them an online copy during my express entry application. He told me to just wait for their email for further instruction. My Copr is expiring on June 9, 2020.

so it seems that every office does it differently. I am not sure if they considered my case as urgent because it’s near expiry.
Check spam or junk folder in your email account. Just to be assured.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014

did you confirm your PR before it expired? if so, why you worry?

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Are univ starting from Sept?My son has offer from UBC sept intake .We are in India.God knows whether we will get our visa extension by then or not or flights will start or not.!!Otherwise I will ask to defer the admission to Jan intake.Btw for computer science which is better UBC or waterloo?Pls suggest.
I am also concerned about University, I have been accepted to Laurentian and I am afraid to be late for studies (in case I don't get extension before that).
which is better UBC or waterloo?
They are both ones of the top ten universities, however, I heard Waterloo courses are very math heavy and their graduates are a bit arrogant because of that ))) Besides Vancouver is waaaaay more expensive than Kitchener (renting).
Sorry, guys, for offtopic.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz