+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

schandrika

Jun 26, 2019
If you are living in any of 5 Metros in India I doubt the lockdown will be lifted before End of May.
Please don't spread panic. Let something come from govt. side. Also, Karnataka is actually asking IT workforce to return gradually.

There are rumors of letting NRIs leave the country and stranded students to come back. So, let us just wait and watch. Yes, lockdown may be extended with some relief for states which are actually doing well. Obviously Mumbai and Delhi may see extensions based on the numbers

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Just wondering, which is the fifth metro city you're referring to? I guess four would be Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai.
Problem is international flights fly from Delhi or Mumbai mostly and they are most affected.They will be opened last so it will cause more delay.They should shift the flights to some other airports...

Reactions: smithplato

schandrika

Jun 26, 2019
Problem is international flights fly from Delhi or Mumbai mostly and they are most affected.They will be opened last so it will cause more delay.They should shift the flights to some other airports...
Agreed, but they could limit movement in and out of those airports. Like I usually take the Air India from Hyderabad to Newark. It stops for 3 hours in Mumbai. I never leave the airport...so probably such cases would not be a problem. Domestic Travel is more challenging I think in this case. At this point all we can do is that hope they realize people are stuck and at least permit outgoing flights for emergency purposes

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Guys in India do you think we will be able to land by Sept October:(
I just hope they process our extension by July so that we can leave...
Pure speculation on my part, but I really think that by start of June or by mid-June, people will start coming back to work and things will start coming back towards normal. You should be more worried about Canada's approach and control of the virus rather than India's. Basically, if Canada doesn't restart public transportation, allows grocery shopping, full access to banking etc, our integration into the country will smash into a cliff. Unless you are in a really bad situation where you are heavily eating into your life savings in India right now, I would take a minor hit in landing schedule to ensure we can land safely and have something to work towards in Canada a little while down the road.

Reactions: Shahanastar

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Please don't spread panic. Let something come from govt. side. Also, Karnataka is actually asking IT workforce to return gradually.

There are rumors of letting NRIs leave the country and stranded students to come back. So, let us just wait and watch. Yes, lockdown may be extended with some relief for states which are actually doing well. Obviously Mumbai and Delhi may see extensions based on the numbers
Kerala is the only state that is likely to lift the lockdown because there are no new cases there in the last 48 hours. Some restrictions will be lifted in North Eastern states as well since most cases have recovered :)

The rest of the country will definitely get an extension till May 16. Maharashtra is the worst hit followed by Gujarat, Delhi and Tamil Nadu. Police have started arresting people and confiscating their vehicles for violating the restrictions, but still people continue to have non-essential movement and don't listen. As long as idiots don't stay at home, government has no option but continue to extend lockdown.

Last edited:

foxstiger

Sep 10, 2019
Yes, I saw around $299 from JFK for endeavor airlines which is the only non-stop flight in work and most of the times get cancelled (already stuck with around $500 in vouchers with endeavor). All others are either one or two stops.
I thought Delta still has nonstop from NYC to Toronto, no?

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
I thought Delta still has nonstop from NYC to Toronto, no?
As of last week I was not able to find any non-stop flights as NYC was the epic-center in North America for Covid-19, they cancelled most of the flights specially international flights.
But Delta (Endeavor airlines - subsidiary of Delta) just announced last week to start one Non-stop flight from JFK to YYZ (02:59 PM EST). The ticket is available from both Delta and Westjet. Last time I booked thru Westjet and it got cancelled. Remaining all flights are either with a stop at PHL, Detroit or Chicago.
I was hoping they would start from LGA or EWR as they are easier for me to reach (I am from Northern NJ). But, if JFK is the only option, then I guess I will have to take it.

foxstiger

Sep 10, 2019
As of last week I was not able to find any non-stop flights as NYC was the epic-center in North America for Covid-19, they cancelled most of the flights specially international flights.
But Delta (Endeavor airlines - subsidiary of Delta) just announced last week to start one Non-stop flight from JFK to YYZ (02:59 PM EST). The ticket is available from both Delta and Westjet. Last time I booked thru Westjet and it got cancelled. Remaining all flights are either with a stop at PHL, Detroit or Chicago.
I was hoping they would start from LGA or EWR as they are easier for me to reach (I am from Northern NJ). But, if JFK is the only option, then I guess I will have to take it.
I see the flight you mentioned. It seems to be the only direct flight. When they canceled the Westjet flight you booked, did they give you a reason? Also how long were you informed before the flight date?