+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Hodanagah

Mar 29, 2018
Same thing here... I'm in Calgary... It seems the Government has forgotten about the inland applicants...
Exactly!! They keep talking about people travelling and coming in or out but what about the inland applicants inside Canada. We're already inside and ready to complete our landing. I spoke to CBSA yesterday at Pearson and they are processing landing applicants at Pearson. It's unfair that they're taking the risk to process applicants coming from outside while we inside Canada are ready for landing, but they aren't doing anything!

What can we do here? I am really worried to be honest.

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
1. Yes
2. https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html#online
3. I don't think so
Make sure you land in Toronto when the Service Canada office at the airport is open. Its right next to the counters where you sign your COPR with the officer. Otherwise you are going to have a hard time getting a SIN and starting employment. Its been more than a month and I dont have a SIN yet. If it's closed, then open a bank account (I did one with TD bank for $300 cash bonus offer) and try using one of their account confirmation papers (there will be one doc with your name, address and account information) as a proof of address. I am not sure if it works, but thats the best doc I had.
Thanks..are you working currently?
My employer wants me to work from home..since I don't have sIN I am not sure if I can work till I get it

Hodanagah

Mar 29, 2018
I have a unique problem with my PR landing process. I would appreciate someone who is very knowledgeable to share solution(s) to my situation, which is also impacted by COVID-19 like everyone else on here. Here is my story:
  • 9 days before my flight to Toronto for a soft landing, I couldn't find my COPR document. I communicated to the regional VAC that the COPR was lost. They replied 2 days later with instructions on how to get an original COPR re-printed.
  • I eventually found the COPR doc a day before my flight. I arrived in Toronto on 13 March 2020 to complete my PR landing, but the officer advised that the COPR as well as my immigration visa was cancelled by the issuing VAC, and only they can can re-instate it.
  • I was never notified by email or phone about the cancellation of my immigration visa and COPR, hence my surprise upon landing in Toronto. The VAC should have at least informed either me or my consultant as a heads up that they are cancelling it, I would have urgently updated them that I found it so they can re-instate it.
  • The officer in Toronto said I need to get in touch with the VAC to reinstate it and do an inland from inside Canada. They couldn't do anything at Toronto. I was unable to complete my landing on 13 March.
  • I entered the country on visitor status and have been in Ottawa since then. My COPR/Visa was re-authorized by the VAC on 17 Mar and is currently valid for landing, until 5 May. My COPR/immigration visa expires on 5/5/2020.
  • I spoke to a call center agent on 18 March from Ottawa who said that inland appointments are postponed till 13 April, so I'll have to wait until then. He confirmed he put in an urgent request for IRCC Ottawa office to schedule my inland appointment once they reopen on 13 April.
  • Since then there has been a complete lock down, call center is no longer in operation. I can't reach anyone in the IRCC over the phone. I submitted a webform and emailed them but still no response.
My visa expires on 5 May (2.5 weeks) and I am very anxious and stressed about my expiry date looming. What is very frustrating is that I am inside Canada and I know they are processing PR applications at Pearson Airport as of this week, where I was originally supposed to do my landing. I spoke to a superintendent at CBSA in Pearson Airport yesterday, 16 April, and she confirmed they are processing PR landing applications. They are much lower in number comparatively, but she said there was a family of 5 that was processed earlier this week who came in from London.

I would like answers to the following question:
  1. The IRCC website states that they are scheduling inland appointments for approved PR applicants inside Canada via telephone. Here is this link. Are they doing this? If yes, then how can we get an appointment scheduled?
  2. If my COPR/visa documents expire without doing my landing, will IIRC:
    1. Extend the validity of the current COPR/visa sp once they re-open for PR inland process, I can complete my landing before I leave Canada?
    2. Ask to do my biometrics and get a new visa/COPR re-printed, and provide a list of all the documents they need (employment letter <I quit my job already>, birth certificates, medicals, police clearance, etc)
    3. Cancel the entire thing, and I will need to do the entire express entry process again?
I would highly appreciate anyone's help and information on the above. I am in quite a desperate situation, as I am sure alot of people are across the world.

Thank you.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
If you don't have a plan then you will be quarantined in some facility:

You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you’ll be quarantined in a facility designated by the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
I have a unique problem with my PR landing process. I would appreciate someone who is very knowledgeable to share solution(s) to my situation, which is also impacted by COVID-19 like everyone else on here. Here is my story:
  • 9 days before my flight to Toronto for a soft landing, I couldn't find my COPR document. I communicated to the regional VAC that the COPR was lost. They replied 2 days later with instructions on how to get an original COPR re-printed.
  • I eventually found the COPR doc a day before my flight. I arrived in Toronto on 13 March 2020 to complete my PR landing, but the officer advised that the COPR as well as my immigration visa was cancelled by the issuing VAC, and only they can can re-instate it.
  • I was never notified by email or phone about the cancellation of my immigration visa and COPR, hence my surprise upon landing in Toronto. The VAC should have at least informed either me or my consultant as a heads up that they are cancelling it, I would have urgently updated them that I found it so they can re-instate it.
  • The officer in Toronto said I need to get in touch with the VAC to reinstate it and do an inland from inside Canada. They couldn't do anything at Toronto. I was unable to complete my landing on 13 March.
  • I entered the country on visitor status and have been in Ottawa since then. My COPR/Visa was re-authorized by the VAC on 17 Mar and is currently valid for landing, until 5 May. My COPR/immigration visa expires on 5/5/2020.
  • I spoke to a call center agent on 18 March from Ottawa who said that inland appointments are postponed till 13 April, so I'll have to wait until then. He confirmed he put in an urgent request for IRCC Ottawa office to schedule my inland appointment once they reopen on 13 April.
  • Since then there has been a complete lock down, call center is no longer in operation. I can't reach anyone in the IRCC over the phone. I submitted a webform and emailed them but still no response.
My visa expires on 5 May (2.5 weeks) and I am very anxious and stressed about my expiry date looming. What is very frustrating is that I am inside Canada and I know they are processing PR applications at Pearson Airport as of this week, where I was originally supposed to do my landing. I spoke to a superintendent at CBSA in Pearson Airport yesterday, 16 April, and she confirmed they are processing PR landing applications. They are much lower in number comparatively, but she said there was a family of 5 that was processed earlier this week who came in from London.

I would like answers to the following question:
  1. The IRCC website states that they are scheduling inland appointments for approved PR applicants inside Canada via telephone. Here is this link. Are they doing this? If yes, then how can we get an appointment scheduled?
  2. If my COPR/visa documents expire without doing my landing, will IIRC:
    1. Extend the validity of the current COPR/visa sp once they re-open for PR inland process, I can complete my landing before I leave Canada?
    2. Ask to do my biometrics and get a new visa/COPR re-printed, and provide a list of all the documents they need (employment letter <I quit my job already>, birth certificates, medicals, police clearance, etc)
    3. Cancel the entire thing, and I will need to do the entire express entry process again?
I would highly appreciate anyone's help and information on the above. I am in quite a desperate situation, as I am sure alot of people are across the world.

Thank you.
did you check your ircc account? log in and have a look what is the status/

Reactions: Hodanagah

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Status of what exactly? It says application is complete. My lawyer is the one managing my IRCC account
I meant PR approval account. May be because you said it is lost they cancelled it. The only option is to communicate with them via webform.

Hodanagah

Mar 29, 2018
I confirmed that the PR visa and COPR are re authorized and are currently valid for landing, so that’s not the issue as much as having somewhere I can do my landing at before 5 May

Hodanagah

Mar 29, 2018
I asked but where do I leave to? Most major countries/cities closed their borders and I have no guarantee that they would let me back into canada for whatever reason. It’s very risky also Incase I get stuck in a foreign country. I did ask that question though, it’s a risk but not sure if it’s worth while

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
I asked but where do I leave to? Most major countries/cities closed their borders and I have no guarantee that they would let me back into canada for whatever reason. It’s very risky also Incase I get stuck in a foreign country. I did ask that question though, it’s a risk but not sure if it’s worth while
i mean to your country, if possible, and back to Canada.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi guys

I got the following reply from the IRCC Singapore. I am from Bangladesh, but my passport was stamped there. I assumed that means that they are my visa office, which is why emailed them.

''Dear Applicant,

We understand that given the current situation you may be unable to travel before the expiry of your visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). Once the travel restrictions have been removed and you are able to travel to Canada please contact us and we will instruct you then on how to proceed to have a new visa and COPR issued.

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, please note that Canada’s mission in Singapore is providingessential services only. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate.

Visa Application Centres (VAC) in Singapore, Bangladesh and Malaysia are also temporarily closed due to local government instructions. Panel physicians in your region may also not be providing services at this time.

The resumption of services at the Visa Application Centres and Panel of physicians are subject to authorization from local government authorities.

Please monitor the website of the VAC at the link below:

Bangladesh: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Bangladesh/

Malaysia: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/malaysia/

Singapore: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Singapore/

For visa processing changes at IRCC, please visit

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html

We hope above information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) / ml

High Commission of Canada, Singapore / Haut commissariat du Canada, Singapour

Website | Site Web: www.canada.ca/immigration | www.singapore.gc.ca

Webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

General Enquiries: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

I also raised a webform to IRCC yesterday - no reply yet. I did not add my confirmed flight tickets, which I had to cancel due to the travel ban. Should I raise another one and add it as well?
Great.I feel all countries will follow same policy.So basically Indians will have to wait till lock down is over and their office starts working.