+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hello Everyone, regarding the new rule where you have to give a credible quarantine plan. How do I land in Canada with a COPR and travel to an airbnb or shared rent place if I don't have a private vehicle?

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Just to repeat that JYYDE did soft land but for 3 weeks so planned to include the 14 day mandatory isolation. So keep that in mind given planning to soft land and not obey or plan for the 14 day isolation would be an irresponsible action to your new country regardless of symptoms or not. Also be aware if arriving with symptoms only citizens and PRs would be allowed entry anyone else including not yet landed PRs would/ could be denied entry.

We can all speculate about soft landings but this is all about doing the right thing .
Completely agreed.. of course though you are going for good or temporary, that 14 days quarantine would be as is and compulsory!
Actually my tickets are still one way but considering the given situation, would prefer to comeback and stay a bit longer in my current place!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone, regarding the new rule where you have to give a credible quarantine plan. How do I land in Canada with a COPR and travel to an airbnb or shared rent place if I don't have a private vehicle?
There was some talk about the government providing transportation for people in this situation. I believe it will be the same transportation used for those being sent to government quarantine. You would need to confirm that this is in place.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Great.I feel all countries will follow same policy.So basically Indians will have to wait till lock down is over and their office starts working.
Yes everyone has been getting this standard reply. They will start going through individual files and extension requests after things have become more stable in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys war like conditions are developing between America and China.I just hope it doesn't happen.If there is a war all things will come to a stand still.Other distructions are inevitable too.I just hope all goes well and we are able to land in Canada.Needless to say a war would bring more destruction than corona....
Think that is a bit dramatic. We aren’t close to a war. Even Trmp isn’t that stupid. Both countries have enough domestic issues to be bothered by big foreign policy issues.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
but calls to ircc was not available until recently, when they restored it?
Don’t think they have restored th3 customer service line. After selecting certain number you may be transferred to CBSA. Would encourage you to try. You have nothing to lose.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
There was some talk about the government providing transportation for people in this situation. I believe it will be the same transportation used for those being sent to government quarantine. You would need to confirm that this is in place.
What is this government quarantine?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
What is this government quarantine?
Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

When you arrive in Canada, we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you’ll be quarantined in a facility designated by the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada.

Only people who provide essential services, for example truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods, are exempt from the quarantine requirements.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Those who can’t prove that they have an adequate quarantine plan will be put into government run quarantine. Assume it is a hotel in the 4 cities (TO, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver).
Can a first time lander like me qualify for this? Or is this only for those returning back from travelling?

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Thank you :) I'll keep my ears peeled and update the thread when I hear about it.

About gov. Quarantine, if they are not happy with the accommodation plan we have , they might put people who are coming to the gov. Quarantine for 14 days.

I'm facing reluctance from prospective renters with self isolation in places with shared accommodation and washrooms.

I know it might be too soon, but if anyone knows or has heard if this is fine, please let me know :) Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys

I got the following reply from the IRCC Singapore. I am from Bangladesh, but my passport was stamped there. I assumed that means that they are my visa office, which is why emailed them.

''Dear Applicant,

We understand that given the current situation you may be unable to travel before the expiry of your visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). Once the travel restrictions have been removed and you are able to travel to Canada please contact us and we will instruct you then on how to proceed to have a new visa and COPR issued.

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, please note that Canada’s mission in Singapore is providingessential services only. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate.

Visa Application Centres (VAC) in Singapore, Bangladesh and Malaysia are also temporarily closed due to local government instructions. Panel physicians in your region may also not be providing services at this time.

The resumption of services at the Visa Application Centres and Panel of physicians are subject to authorization from local government authorities.

Please monitor the website of the VAC at the link below:

Bangladesh: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Bangladesh/

Malaysia: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/malaysia/

Singapore: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Singapore/

For visa processing changes at IRCC, please visit

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html

We hope above information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) / ml

High Commission of Canada, Singapore / Haut commissariat du Canada, Singapour

Website | Site Web: www.canada.ca/immigration | www.singapore.gc.ca

Webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

General Enquiries: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

I also raised a webform to IRCC yesterday - no reply yet. I did not add my confirmed flight tickets, which I had to cancel due to the travel ban. Should I raise another one and add it as well?
I don’t think it can hurt to send another webform with the proof of your trip cancellation and indicate that you meant to include it with your first webform. You can make it clear that you will now wait for further instructions once CIC has a plan.

Reactions: smithplato

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

When you arrive in Canada, we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you’ll be quarantined in a facility designated by the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada.

Only people who provide essential services, for example truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods, are exempt from the quarantine requirements.
Thank!!

Did not know about government facilitated quarantine. I want to know if people like me who are first time landers and have no proper self-isolation accommodation can qualify for this? This will be a huge relief :)

Reactions: CountessO