+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thank you :) I'll keep my ears peeled and update the thread when I hear about it.

About gov. Quarantine, if they are not happy with the accommodation plan we have , they might put people who are coming to the gov. Quarantine for 14 days.

I'm facing reluctance from prospective renters with self isolation in places with shared accommodation and washrooms.

I know it might be too soon, but if anyone knows or has heard if this is fine, please let me know :) Thanks in advance
Even I would like to know this :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you :) I'll keep my ears peeled and update the thread when I hear about it.

About gov. Quarantine, if they are not happy with the accommodation plan we have , they might put people who are coming to the gov. Quarantine for 14 days.

I'm facing reluctance from prospective renters with self isolation in places with shared accommodation and washrooms.

I know it might be too soon, but if anyone knows or has heard if this is fine, please let me know :) Thanks in advance
Sharing a home would not be a quarantine plan unless it is a separate self-contained unit. Would be looking at your own Airbnb or hotel. I am not sure if there is a charge for the government quarantine. Would suggest trying to find your own option. It will likely be better. There are quite a few delivery options and many people are offering to pick things up and deliver to people in quarantine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank!!

Did not know about government facilitated quarantine. I want to know if people like me who are first time landers and have no proper self-isolation accommodation can qualify for this? This will be a huge relief :)
Yes it is for anyone without a quarantine plan. I am not sure if it is in the same place as homeless people. I assume the government reserved hotel rooms. You should try and find out if you will be charged for your accommodations in quarantine. I would suggest booking your own AirBnB.

Reactions: SithLord

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Sharing a home would not be a quarantine plan unless it is a separate self-contained unit. Would be looking at your own Airbnb or hotel. I am not sure if there is a charge for the government quarantine. Would suggest trying to find your own option. It will likely be better. There are quite a few delivery options and many people are offering to pick things up and deliver to people in quarantine.
Thank you ! I agree, best to plan for own accommodation.. It's a larger risk being in a building with possible cases..

Aren't AirBnB accommodations shared as well? I hope there will be a little more clarity on the quarantine plan they expect :) Thanks again for all the advice.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I received my CoPR, I applied for my PR under Express entry - Canadian Experience Class. I lost my job because of current situation, i received my CoPR but cant do landing since immigration offices are closed and cannot go to border. I am inland applicant. Will loosing my job affects my landing?

Any reply to your knowledge will be appreciated

Thank you
No it won’t you already have COPR.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi folks,

Our COPR expires on June 2020 and We have our travel scheduled for April 23 by air. Initially we had planned for a 3-day trip for soft-landing from the USA. But we now are changing our plan so that we can stay for 15 days to complete the required quarantine and a friend has agreed to host us for this period.

These are the questions that we have:
1) can we get back to the USA after 2 weeks (Around May 8-10)? We're on H1B visa and H4 visa in the USA.
2) we would like to know about the PR card process since all in-person landing appointments are cancelled. Will we get the PR card within that two weeks?
3) In the IRCC site it was mentioned that landing appointments will be carried out by phone? Should we have a Canada number to go through the interview or USA number will do ?

We have tried contacting IRCC multiple times through their web form but every time, we only received a general instructional mail quoting the guidelines on the IRCC website.

Would greatly appreciate any help here :)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes it is for anyone without a quarantine plan. I am not sure if it is in the same place as homeless people. I assume the government reserved hotel rooms. You should try and find out if you will be charged for your accommodations in quarantine. I would suggest booking your own AirBnB.
Thank you for this information.

Its been tough to find a proper accommodation in AirBnb, so I don't mind paying charges to government as long as I get proper self-isolation for 14 days :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi folks,

Our COPR expires on June 2020 and We have our travel scheduled for April 23 by air. Initially we had planned for a 3-day trip for soft-landing from the USA. But we now are changing our plan so that we can stay for 15 days to complete the required quarantine and a friend has agreed to host us for this period.

These are the questions that we have:
1) can we get back to the USA after 2 weeks (Around May 8-10)? We're on H1B visa and H4 visa in the USA.
2) we would like to know about the PR card process since all in-person landing appointments are cancelled. Will we get the PR card within that two weeks?
3) In the IRCC site it was mentioned that landing appointments will be carried out by phone? Should we have a Canada number to go through the interview or USA number will do ?

We have tried contacting IRCC multiple times through their web form but every time, we only received a general instructional mail quoting the guidelines on the IRCC website.

Would greatly appreciate any help here :)
1. up to the US
2. Processing times seem to be over a month at the moment based new other posts. Your friends can receive them and send it to you.
3. Believe this is for inland applicants who are landing.

Your friends should be aware that they will not be able to go outside their home for 14 days with you. They will be under strict quarantine with you if they are hosting you unless you will have your own separate apartment. If there is anyone considered vulnerable in their house your plans for quarantine will need to change.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

eksray

May 19, 2017
Aren't AirBnB accommodations shared as well? I hope there will be a little more clarity on the quarantine plan they expect :) Thanks again for all the advice.
I landed on April 13 and currently staying in AirBnB for quarantine. I am all alone at the house.

I contacted the owner before booking to clarify the situation to him, and he welcomed me and made a decision not to lease to anyone else during my quarantine. It's probably worth it to contact the owner of the accommodation first to explore your options.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for this information.

Its been tough to find a proper accommodation in AirBnb, so I don't mind paying charges to government as long as I get proper self-isolation for 14 days :)
Don’t think the government quarantine is meant as your first option. I think it is really meant for those who are found to have inadequate quarantine plans. Not sure what kind of reaction you will get if you arrive planning to enter government quarantine. Would still recommend checking AirBnB. Assume there may be more details this week since the enhanced quarantine rules are new.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Think that is a bit dramatic. We aren’t close to a war. Even Trmp isn’t that stupid. Both countries have enough domestic issues to be bothered by big foreign policy issues.
I posted the fears put up by media.I know they need some spices to earn trp but situations are so bad that this kind of news can not be unbelievable.Though this is also true that Trump wud not want to bring down his economy further ....
God give everyone wisdom..

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Don’t think the government quarantine is meant as your first option. I think it is really meant for those who are found to have inadequate quarantine plans. Not sure what kind of reaction you will get if you arrive planning to enter government quarantine. Would still recommend checking AirBnB. Assume there may be more details this week since the enhanced quarantine rules are new.
Understood. Thank you :)

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
I landed on April 13 and currently staying in AirBnB for quarantine. I am all alone at the house.

I contacted the owner before booking to clarify the situation to him, and he welcomed me and made a decision not to lease to anyone else during my quarantine. It's probably worth it to contact the owner of the accommodation first to explore your options.
Thank you :') this helps loads. If you're on a short terms agreement with your Airbnb do you think you could share details with me if its not too much to ask? I'm planning to travel early June. Thanks in advance !