+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

jyyde

May 3, 2017
No they didn’t ask me for POF, only asked how much money have brought in with me but didn’t ask to see it.
It will be advisable to just have evidence of your POF though and also have a print out of the conversion into Canadian dollars, can use Oanda for this.

AKS...

Apr 17, 2020
I booked flight ticket before 31st march and after that all are my rebookings. Yes they are giving refund but they also give credits for future travel. I think i should stick with air canada instead of blocking money in some other flight during this period.
you booked flight with your own or by any agent?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Most airlines are giving vouchers now.None is giving any refunds.Not even after cutting panalty.I am too stuck with Air Canada.They must give me full refund as travel ban was there.But a lot of money is stuck.My agent says he will adjust my money in next trip if I get extension and if not then he will refund .What can I do?Any suggestions.I booked thru him so cant contact air canada directly.
Agents always want money. Even if Air Canada gives you refund then they will keep some share of it as so called service fees. Agents are like "Hello Sir!" when you ask for flight bookings and Agents are like "Bye Sir!" when you ask for refund.

Reactions: smithplato

Bikram67

Jul 18, 2018
Hi, has anybody raised a web form recently, because there is no option of whether you are affected my covid19 , yes or no. Because previously it was there. I was trying to raise the first web form. Can anybody share the link.

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
I am in this boat with you. In Ottawa right now, need an inland appointment ASAP, documents expiring on 5 May. Are IRCC doing any inland appointments via telephone as it says on their website? Very anxious don’t know what todo. Please if anyone has any information on what I can do if you’re INSIDE canada and need to complete landing ASAP before expiry. Thanks
I’m also in Ottawa and CoPR expires on May 22. What I got so far is general reply that IRCC will contact each person for telephone landing. However, really don’t know when that happens. Could you keep me updated if you’re contacted?

Reactions: Hodanagah

Yiss

Jul 22, 2016
Hi guys, just to update you on my landing process yesterday.

Travelled with 3 dependants from London Heathrow Airport via AirCanada to Toronto for soft landing and staying for 3 weeks, upon checking in at Heathrow they had to verify by ringing CIC to know we are allowed to travel with our COPR and the process took just about 10 minutes.

The plane was reasonable full but social distancing was in place and be prepared to fill a landing card which will ask of where you will be staying , upon arrival at Toronto we were given a Convid-19 form to fill which ask for details of where we will be isolating, then proceeded to a desk to drop the landing card and was asked general questions like purpose of trip,if we have any symptoms and where we plan to isolate.

Afterwards we proceeded to the main entry point, this is where the officer asked me about where we plan to isolate, if there is any vulnerable living in the address over the age of 60, how much money I have with me then we submitted our passports/ signed COPR docs and was asked to go have a sit for him to process them which took like 15 minutes.

Overall, it was a stress free experience but what I observed was each officer we met warned us sternly about the 14 days isolation and the repercussions if we violate it like fines and possibility of jail sentence. No Joking about this, no walks, groceries and one particular officer said we will check you up at this address and must meet you all four at home

So that’s all I can remember so far but will be happy for questions.

All the best to you all.
Congrats for the landing. Are you staying on an AirBnb or else and is your stay address the same you provided for the PR card delivery?

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys

I got the following reply from the IRCC Singapore. I am from Bangladesh, but my passport was stamped there. I assumed that means that they are my visa office, which is why emailed them.

''Dear Applicant,

We understand that given the current situation you may be unable to travel before the expiry of your visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). Once the travel restrictions have been removed and you are able to travel to Canada please contact us and we will instruct you then on how to proceed to have a new visa and COPR issued.

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, please note that Canada’s mission in Singapore is providingessential services only. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate.

Visa Application Centres (VAC) in Singapore, Bangladesh and Malaysia are also temporarily closed due to local government instructions. Panel physicians in your region may also not be providing services at this time.

The resumption of services at the Visa Application Centres and Panel of physicians are subject to authorization from local government authorities.

Please monitor the website of the VAC at the link below:

Bangladesh: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Bangladesh/

Malaysia: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/malaysia/

Singapore: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Singapore/

For visa processing changes at IRCC, please visit

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html

We hope above information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) / ml

High Commission of Canada, Singapore / Haut commissariat du Canada, Singapour

Website | Site Web: www.canada.ca/immigration | www.singapore.gc.ca

Webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

General Enquiries: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

I also raised a webform to IRCC yesterday - no reply yet. I did not add my confirmed flight tickets, which I had to cancel due to the travel ban. Should I raise another one and add it as well?

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
London VO has confirmed CoPR extension but New Delhi VO has not confirmed it as they are not fully functional yet.
New Delhi Visa Office had posted below on their facebook page on 29th March (https://m.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/travel-and-visa-advisory-covid-19/3087838001268813/)

and same they are replying to folks raising webforms. This communication is quite comforting.

"If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document and you have not yet travelled to Canada and had your landing interview, you are still a foreign national. If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after the travel restrictions have been lifted

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you CANNOT find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page."