+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes that won’t stop incoming flights landing, I just got here yesterday from UK and I tell you this city doesn’t look like they are under lockdown compared to UK, just go ahead with your plans and you will be fine.
Soon it will be under lockdown if state of emergency is declared on 12th May.

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
No he didn’t ask any direct questions despite my main province is Newbrunswick, he was just more about our isolation plan and need to be home for 14 days.

I don’t think it’s an issue really, you can have two addresses like one for Ontario and one for your province, with that u just say u are only landing in Ontario to self isolate before you go to your province. You can use family or friends address but they must not have a vulnerable living in the house.
Is it necessary to self-isolate at the first entry point to Canada? You could have gone to New Brunswick by a connecting flight and self isolate there, right?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Is it necessary to self-isolate at the first entry point to Canada? You could have gone to New Brunswick by a connecting flight and self isolate there, right?
I know people who self-isolated at their final PoE. No issues. They arrived 2 weeks ago, the mandatory self-isolation was already in place.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The organized government isolation is only available in a few cities so if your quarantine plans are not sufficient you will not be going to NB until after quarantine. Good reason to have your quarantine plans in place.

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
The organized government isolation is only available in a few cities so if your quarantine plans are not sufficient you will not be going to NB until after quarantine. Good reason to have your quarantine plans in place.
We will be landing on Montreal and then we will take connecting flight to Toronto, where we already have our 14 day self isolation arrangements. My question was: even though we have arrangements in order at Toronto for self isolation, do we still need to self isolate in Montreal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We will be landing on Montreal and then we will take connecting flight to Toronto, where we already have our 14 day self isolation arrangements. My question was: even though we have arrangements in order at Toronto for self isolation, do we still need to self isolate in Montreal?
No you can self-isolate in Toronto if you don’t show any symptoms when you land in Montreal.

jyyde

May 3, 2017
Is it allowed to have the address of self quarantining place and the PR Card delivery different?
Yes in my opinion,my PR card has been processed to my landing address in Toronto but was told by officer and given a form to change it or update it online.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Yes in my opinion,my PR card has been processed to my landing address in Toronto but was told by officer and given a form to change it or update it online.
DId they ask you specifically when you will return, or did you share this with the officers at any point?
Am wondering what would have happened if you had told them I'm heading back on the next flight (making it a really short soft landing)

jyyde

May 3, 2017
Hello Jyyde! Thanks a lot for sharing your landing experience. Did they see your tickets and ask you about your return? I mean, is there anything like they are rejecting soft landing??
No they didn’t see or ask for my return ticket, have seen on here that they don’t encourage soft landing but think that’s just an assumption unless someone proves otherwise, these guys know it’s a massive thing to just move to a new place without doing your homework/planning right so it’s not possible to reject soft landing unless there is another reason for it. Don’t think too hard on these things and just go with a positive vibe and u will be physiological ready.

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
Hi guys, just to update you on my landing process yesterday.

Travelled with 3 dependants from London Heathrow Airport via AirCanada to Toronto for soft landing and staying for 3 weeks, upon checking in at Heathrow they had to verify by ringing CIC to know we are allowed to travel with our COPR and the process took just about 10 minutes.

The plane was reasonable full but social distancing was in place and be prepared to fill a landing card which will ask of where you will be staying , upon arrival at Toronto we were given a Convid-19 form to fill which ask for details of where we will be isolating, then proceeded to a desk to drop the landing card and was asked general questions like purpose of trip,if we have any symptoms and where we plan to isolate.

Afterwards we proceeded to the main entry point, this is where the officer asked me about where we plan to isolate, if there is any vulnerable living in the address over the age of 60, how much money I have with me then we submitted our passports/ signed COPR docs and was asked to go have a sit for him to process them which took like 15 minutes.

Overall, it was a stress free experience but what I observed was each officer we met warned us sternly about the 14 days isolation and the repercussions if we violate it like fines and possibility of jail sentence. No Joking about this, no walks, groceries and one particular officer said we will check you up at this address and must meet you all four at home

So that’s all I can remember so far but will be happy for questions.

All the best to you all.
Congrats on your landing.... Can you pls confirm if they issued SIN at the airport?

Reactions: sarak1812