+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

nkv2411

Jan 7, 2018
Hi guys, just to update you on my landing process yesterday.

Travelled with 3 dependants from London Heathrow Airport via AirCanada to Toronto for soft landing and staying for 3 weeks, upon checking in at Heathrow they had to verify by ringing CIC to know we are allowed to travel with our COPR and the process took just about 10 minutes.

The plane was reasonable full but social distancing was in place and be prepared to fill a landing card which will ask of where you will be staying , upon arrival at Toronto we were given a Convid-19 form to fill which ask for details of where we will be isolating, then proceeded to a desk to drop the landing card and was asked general questions like purpose of trip,if we have any symptoms and where we plan to isolate.

Afterwards we proceeded to the main entry point, this is where the officer asked me about where we plan to isolate, if there is any vulnerable living in the address over the age of 60, how much money I have with me then we submitted our passports/ signed COPR docs and was asked to go have a sit for him to process them which took like 15 minutes.

Overall, it was a stress free experience but what I observed was each officer we met warned us sternly about the 14 days isolation and the repercussions if we violate it like fines and possibility of jail sentence. No Joking about this, no walks, groceries and one particular officer said we will check you up at this address and must meet you all four at home

So that’s all I can remember so far but will be happy for questions.

All the best to you all.
Thanks for sharing the experience. Are you isolating at someone's place you know or at an Airbnb. From what you mention it would really seem to be not easy to manage if you do not have help. Stay safe.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
My third booked flight for 5 May got cancelled. There are very sleek chances of me flying to Canada now within my CoPR validity. Someone tell me that I will get an extension.

Oh Virus! you are bad! very bad!
from where were you trying to fly?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
DId they ask you specifically when you will return, or did you share this with the officers at any point?
Am wondering what would have happened if you had told them I'm heading back on the next flight (making it a really short soft landing)
The thing is you will be asked for your 14 day isolation plan which is mandatory the moment you exit into the arrivals hall given then you are in Canada. Sure you could take next flight out back to home country and ignore the Quarantine Act law for your new country but that would be irresponsible and misrepresnting yourself to CBSA for which there could be significant penalties if discovered. The government has implied the possibility of random isolation plan checks although how they would execute them is unclear but the threat is there

The isolation plan is required for a reason and JYYDE planned to land for 3 weeks so allowing for the isolation plan.

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thank you. What do you mean by air side?
Airside means that you do not exit the immigration/customs into the arrivals hall given once you do that you are in Canada and then you would probably need to isolate from that airport. You stay airside drop luggage off at a connections desk and head straight to the gate for next flight, then mandatory 14 day isolate in your final destination

Last edited:
Reactions: aurelero

jyyde

May 3, 2017
Thanks for sharing the experience. Are you isolating at someone's place you know or at an Airbnb. From what you mention it would really seem to be not easy to manage if you do not have help. Stay safe.
Yes we are staying with a family member for the whole duration, it won’t be easy to stay in Airbnb or hotel for various reasons and also hard to find someone welcoming at this time.

I had to figure out a solution

Hodanagah

Mar 29, 2018
No updates yet. Flagpoling and interview still jot allowed. Hopefully next week they will give an update
I am in this boat with you. In Ottawa right now, need an inland appointment ASAP, documents expiring on 5 May. Are IRCC doing any inland appointments via telephone as it says on their website? Very anxious don’t know what todo. Please if anyone has any information on what I can do if you’re INSIDE canada and need to complete landing ASAP before expiry. Thanks

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
My third booked flight for 5 May got cancelled. There are very sleek chances of me flying to Canada now within my CoPR validity. Someone tell me that I will get an extension.

As you know Rajiv got extension due to cancellation of his flight which was the first try.You tried thrice so u shud get triple extension ...lol
Jokes apart I think as you are unable to land you must get ext.Give them proofs of tickets and cancellations in web form.

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
No they didn’t see or ask for my return ticket, have seen on here that they don’t encourage soft landing but think that’s just an assumption unless someone proves otherwise, these guys know it’s a massive thing to just move to a new place without doing your homework/planning right so it’s not possible to reject soft landing unless there is another reason for it. Don’t think too hard on these things and just go with a positive vibe and u will be physiological ready.
Thanks!!

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019

I am so sorry. You will get an extension. Please do not overthink it.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to repeat that JYYDE did soft land but for 3 weeks so planned to include the 14 day mandatory isolation. So keep that in mind given planning to soft land and not obey or plan for the 14 day isolation would be an irresponsible action to your new country regardless of symptoms or not. Also be aware if arriving with symptoms only citizens and PRs would be allowed entry anyone else including not yet landed PRs would/ could be denied entry.

We can all speculate about soft landings but this is all about doing the right thing .

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hi guys, just to update you on my landing process yesterday.

Travelled with 3 dependants from London Heathrow Airport via AirCanada to Toronto for soft landing and staying for 3 weeks, upon checking in at Heathrow they had to verify by ringing CIC to know we are allowed to travel with our COPR and the process took just about 10 minutes.

The plane was reasonable full but social distancing was in place and be prepared to fill a landing card which will ask of where you will be staying , upon arrival at Toronto we were given a Convid-19 form to fill which ask for details of where we will be isolating, then proceeded to a desk to drop the landing card and was asked general questions like purpose of trip,if we have any symptoms and where we plan to isolate.

Afterwards we proceeded to the main entry point, this is where the officer asked me about where we plan to isolate, if there is any vulnerable living in the address over the age of 60, how much money I have with me then we submitted our passports/ signed COPR docs and was asked to go have a sit for him to process them which took like 15 minutes.

Overall, it was a stress free experience but what I observed was each officer we met warned us sternly about the 14 days isolation and the repercussions if we violate it like fines and possibility of jail sentence. No Joking about this, no walks, groceries and one particular officer said we will check you up at this address and must meet you all four at home

So that’s all I can remember so far but will be happy for questions.

All the best to you all.
Thankyou so much for your detailed review of your landing.

Did agents ask about fresh proof of funds? I mean the total required for 4 persons? Did they actually check if you have funds you declared submitting application?

Pls respond.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Delhi, India. I am stuck with Air Canada and I don't wanna block my money in any other flight.
Most airlines are giving vouchers now.None is giving any refunds.Not even after cutting panalty.I am too stuck with Air Canada.They must give me full refund as travel ban was there.But a lot of money is stuck.My agent says he will adjust my money in next trip if I get extension and if not then he will refund .What can I do?Any suggestions.I booked thru him so cant contact air canada directly.