+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
Hi All,

My COPR is going to expire on April 30th..Currently India is in lock down and we are not sure whether we will be able to travel before April 30th..

Kindly share if anybody get any reply from IRCC for the COPR extension..i believe that IRCC will give specific reply or those whose COPR has already expired.

Kindly share your replies so that it will be helpful and will give a ray of hope to all.

Please suggest me when can i raise a webform considering the expiry of my COPR.I have already raised the webform on March 18th and didn't get the reply yet.

Thanks in advance.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Let’s wait a bit more, but could you imagine if the visa expires before they give an answer and then they say “we won’t give you an extension because you were able to fly”?
If you've raised a webform saying you can't travel, then that's it. IRCC isn't some tyrannical monster, they operate with procedures and rules. While this is a developing situation, you should adhere to their recommendations.

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
Hi All,

My COPR is going to expire on April 30th..Currently India is in lock down and we are not sure whether we will be able to travel before April 30th..

Kindly share if anybody get any reply from IRCC for the COPR extension..i believe that IRCC will give specific reply or those whose COPR has already expired.

Kindly share your replies so that it will be helpful and will give a ray of hope to all.

Please suggest me when can i raise a webform considering the expiry of my COPR.I have already raised the webform on March 18th and didn't get the reply yet.

Thanks in advance.
In coming days, it will be clear whether India or which Indian states or cities are extending lock down and till what date. Once that is officially declared you can raise the webform citing official lockdown orders and also stating your in-ability to travel. I guess attaching proofs and citing official lockdown orders make one's case stronger.

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
In coming days, it will be clear whether India or which Indian states or cities are extending lock down and till what date. Once that is officially declared you can raise the webform citing official lockdown orders and also stating your in-ability to travel. I guess attaching proofs and citing official lockdown orders make one's case stronger.
Sure Thanks bro

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
I’m happy it worked out too.

It’s also why i highly recommend people have an address to give for their PR card mailing address. It will help convince the IO in a situation where you’re landing in montreal that you don’t intend to stay in quebec.
Agreed. Have an onward ticket and an address for PR card that is not Quebec. My family and I went through Montreal with no hassle, pre-COVID though.

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
Hi All

I have raised the webform on March 18th that I am unable to travel to canada due to the travel restrictions imposed by the canadian government..but till today I didn't even get any response either generic or case specific from IRCC.. I am bit concerned about it..anybody in the same state..please share

Reactions: paramsingh88

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Guys yesterday my son who had applied for computer science in UBC got an offer.Now I do not know I should be happy or I cry as my copr has expired .Now if they reject my extension (which should not happen though)It would be the biggest loss for my poor child and us.As I can not afford to send him on student visa and I do not want to miss this golden opportunity either.Really stressed.Any one who thinks they might reject the extension.May be I am getting too impatient but this admission news has made me really insecure.God pls do the best.,,
You can also reach out to UBC and ask to defer your son's admission for a semester if that's possible for you and your family. You can delay your arrival then given the extension circumstances and your son can start college next semester or a year later. Unfortunately, colleges usually offer 1 year deferral which might not be suitable for your son or you. But some offer semester-wise, and it's possible UBC, given these circumstances, might consider the situation if you explain the details appropriately to them and offer a semester one. But keep that option in mind as an alternative.

Good luck! Hopefully things work out for the best.

paramsingh88

Mar 1, 2018
Hi All

I have raised the webform on March 18th that I am unable to travel to canada due to the travel restrictions imposed by the canadian government..but till today I didn't even get any response either generic or case specific from IRCC.. I am bit concerned about it..anybody in the same state..please share
I got a generic reply today... For 2 webforms which i updated on 18th and 26th march
So.u wil get a reply.. dnt worry