+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
I’ve just received the same response...THE SAME. My CoPR is going to expire on April 21...just waiting a proper confirmation if they will give me an extension. This uncertainty is killing me.
I've received the same response today.

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
My COPR has expired on april 4th, I have raised webform also sent an email 3 weeks ago. I have received the response today.
"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time"
I received the same one (my COPR expires April 12) and we are attempting to cross at a land border on the 10th as we really haven't heard anything concrete from IRCC.

tusa47

Mar 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
20-02-2019
I received the same one. My COPR expired on March 24.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
In response to COPR extension request got this email:

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time.

To me it sounds little positive, what do you think?

Reactions: Fazzio

Fazzio

Jun 4, 2019
In response to COPR extension request got this email:

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time.

To me it sounds little positive, what do you think?
The only thing I think is that they are sending the same response to everyone

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I’ve just received the same response...THE SAME. My CoPR is going to expire on April 21...just waiting a proper confirmation if they will give me an extension. This uncertainty is killing me.
I have received the same response.my COPR is expiring on April 26

Reactions: Fazzio

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Hi,

Anyone traveling to Toronto post April 14th lockdown from India? I don't have tickets yet and don't know what to do at this point.What flights are the best option for traveling?
Hi,

I have re-scheduled my British Airways flight from 08th April to 16th May. It’s Delhi- London and London-Toronto with layover of just 2 Hours at London.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
My COPR has expired on april 4th, I have raised webform also sent an email 3 weeks ago. I have received the response today.
"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time"
I also got the same reply for the web form I generated 2 weeks ago.I think those who had filled web form in 1st week of March or Feb have got better personal response.After 15th March may be they have got heck busy so sending automated replies But at least we know they are working on it.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Guys yesterday my son who had applied for computer science in UBC got an offer.Now I do not know I should be happy or I cry as my copr has expired .Now if they reject my extension (which should not happen though)It would be the biggest loss for my poor child and us.As I can not afford to send him on student visa and I do not want to miss this golden opportunity either.Really stressed.Any one who thinks they might reject the extension.May be I am getting too impatient but this admission news has made me really insecure.God pls do the best.,,

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
Guys yesterday my son who had applied for computer science in UBC got an offer.Now I do not know I should be happy or I cry as my copr has expired .Now if they reject my extension (which should not happen though)It would be the biggest loss for my poor child and us.As I can not afford to send him on student visa and I do not want to miss this golden opportunity either.Really stressed.Any one who thinks they might reject the extension.May be I am getting too impatient but this admission news has made me really insecure.God pls do the best.,,
Personally, I think all of us are getting too impatient.......which is quite normal.....we should get extension considering the magnitude of crisis.....and refrain from submitting multiple webforms.
As far as communication that is coming out from IRCC
1. Already they posted on their website few weeks ago, regarding expired or expiring COPRs and how they will be dealt with.....may be they haven't shared finer details...but at least they are aware that many will not be able to travel and their COPR will expire
2. High Commission of Canada, India has already posted on their facebook page that they will contact impacted COPR holders.
3. Even the replies that have come out recently as shared above, are assuring and comforting

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Personally, I think all of us are getting too impatient.......which is quite normal.....we should get extension considering the magnitude of crisis.....and refrain from submitting multiple webforms.
As far as communication that is coming out from IRCC
1. Already they posted on their website few weeks ago, regarding expired or expiring COPRs and how they will be dealt with.....may be they haven't shared finer details...but at least they are aware that many will not be able to travel and their COPR will expire
2. High Commission of Canada, India has already posted on their facebook page that they will contact impacted COPR holders.
3. Even the replies that have come out recently as shared above, are assuring and comforting
Yeah that's right.Rajiv's approval also is a ray of hope.But still insecurity is normal ,I think, though might be unnecessary.But yeah will now always think on positive lines that worst case scenario they will ask to do remedicals .They are obviously not going to reject the application all together .
Thanks for the comforting reply.:)

Reactions: hinavin

Fazzio

Jun 4, 2019
but it sounds little positive, and tells that will give exact answer as soon as possible.

before they just shared the link.
Let’s wait a bit more, but could you imagine if the visa expires before they give an answer and then they say “we won’t give you an extension because you were able to fly”?