+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi All, I had planned my travel to Toronto with my wife and 2 year old and CoPR valid till 22 Apr. Our flight was with Lufthansa on 16th Mar, but the flight got canceled on 13th Mar. I got it rescheduled for 3 Apr, which again got canceled on 20th Mar. Lufthansa have mailed that they will refund the amount, but do not know when. Again on 20th Mar I booked AI direct for 6th Apr, but due to lock down now all AI flights are canceled till 30 Apr, and no Air Canada flights too. In between Etihad was showing up with stoppage in Abu Dhabi from 15th Apr, but lately that is also canceled. Till date ~15K CAD stuck in limbo, and cannot afford to book another ticket. Have raised numerous web-forms to both Canada and Delhi, but have got the generic response. Now unsure what to do now. On one hand I do not want to risk our health, specially the kid's. On other hand do not want to miss this opportunity...
Please suggest what could be done now.
u will get am extension don't worry

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone.

I apologise beforehand for asking a question that may have been answered already; I am just anxious about the whole situation.

My flight to Toronto was booked for 27 March with a 48 hour stay in Dubai (I availed an Emirates Airlines offer). I cancelled my flight immediately after the travel ban was announced. Please note that COPR holders were not exempt at the time. My ticket is still on hold. Emirates advised me to not cancel it as they can rebook it for a later date.

I understand that if you can travel before your COPR expires, then you may do so without informing anyone. Otherwise, you are supposed to raise a webform explaining why you cannot travel.

My situation is that there are no restrictions on outbound flights from my country. Moreover, I can see that there are Emirates flights operating from the beginning of May.

Is the fact that I chose not to travel due to the obvious health concerns a valid reason to raise a webform?

My COPR expires on May 12.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
Thank you for sharing.

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
Hi everyone.

I apologise beforehand for asking a question that may have been answered already; I am just anxious about the whole situation.

My flight to Toronto was booked for 27 March with a 48 hour stay in Dubai (I availed an Emirates Airlines offer). I cancelled my flight immediately after the travel ban was announced. Please note that COPR holders were not exempt at the time. My ticket is still on hold. Emirates advised me to not cancel it as they can rebook it for a later date.

I understand that if you can travel before your COPR expires, then you may do so without informing anyone. Otherwise, you are supposed to raise a webform explaining why you cannot travel.

My situation is that there are no restrictions on outbound flights from my country. Moreover, I can see that there are Emirates flights operating from the beginning of May.

Is the fact that I chose not to travel due to the obvious health concerns a valid reason to raise a webform?

My COPR expires on May 12.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
You may consider following things
1. Wait for few weeks provided if as per your assessment things will improve in your country in few weeks.
2. Are you travelling alone or with family?

Not sure whether IRCC will consider health concern a valid reason....but based on information they have put on their website..they should consider it.

Dia89

Mar 16, 2020
I have my CoPR expiry date in May 2nd week, my whole application was handled by my consultant. Could anybody confirm if I should raise the webform myself or ask the consultant to do the same? I am hopeful that things will be better soon but I also feel that I should raise webform. Please suggest.

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
I have my CoPR expiry date in May 2nd week, my whole application was handled by my consultant. Could anybody confirm if I should raise the webform myself or ask the consultant to do the same? I am hopeful that things will be better soon but I also feel that I should raise webform. Please suggest.
You can raise webform yourself provided you know your application number

Reactions: Dia89

Saurav205

Dec 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

Sorry if I am repeating the question in case it's already answered earlier in the thread.

My copr expires on 18th June and I planned to soft land in May and then hard land once the covid situation has calmed down a bit.

The tickets I have are 16th may from Delhi and flying back from Toronto on 25th may. When I booked these tickets ircc had not imposed any travel ban and there was no information that I had regarding a 14 day self isolation.

Since my travel is for only 9 days I cannot possibly isolate myself for 14 days. Any suggestions? Can we get an extension in such cases.

Anyone in a similar situation kindly help.

Thanks in advance

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Even my application was handled by my consultant ,but he flatly refused to help me out in extension process so I did it on my own.Positive thing is I don't have to enquire the consultant again and again abt the progress.All emails will come to my mail box directly.So you decide what suits you better.

Reactions: Dia89

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

Sorry if I am repeating the question in case it's already answered earlier in the thread.

My copr expires on 18th June and I planned to soft land in May and then hard land once the covid situation has calmed down a bit.

The tickets I have are 16th may from Delhi and flying back from Toronto on 25th may. When I booked these tickets ircc had not imposed any travel ban and there was no information that I had regarding a 14 day self isolation.

Since my travel is for only 9 days I cannot possibly isolate myself for 14 days. Any suggestions? Can we get an extension in such cases.

Anyone in a similar situation kindly help.

Thanks in advance
Soft landings are actively discouraged currently by CBSA given they are considered non essential travel as you can see by some posts on this forum. If the quarantine order is still in place which nobody can do more than speculate there would be zero chance of any exemption from that.

Would you get an extension to your COPR again nobody can do more than speculate given you are probably able to travel so not travelling could maybe regarded as not being inclined to travel versus not able to plus what might good for one not necessarily good for another.. Again there are a lot of opinions expressed on here whether people travelling in May might get extensions or not, only IRCC can give that answer not this forum.

As people understand it IRCC are obviously not keen to start reissuing COPRs if travel is possible in the near future so maybe you need to raise a web form to record your concerns in the system. Given the thousands of web forms getting any answer might take a while though

Reactions: ryeCatcher

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
You may consider following things
1. Wait for few weeks provided if as per your assessment things will improve in your country in few weeks.
2. Are you travelling alone or with family?

Not sure whether IRCC will consider health concern a valid reason....but based on information they have put on their website..they should consider it.
1. The situation is actually worsening here; more and more cases everyday.
2. I am travelling alone

Logic dictates that health concerns should be a valid reason. I mean governments everywhere are advising people to not travel. However, knowing something concrete would help calm the nerves.

Newbie-123

Apr 28, 2019
My COPR is expiring in month of June and my current country of residence(Saudi Arabia) has cancelled all international and national flights from March. Now I have following questions,

Should I raise webform right away or should I wait till end of April to see if flights start again?
Second I don’t know my visa office. Passport submission request came from Abu Dhabi but visa is issued at Riyadh. What is my visa office as per above information.
Kindly provide your suggestions.