+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
Congratulations.Finally u got the way out.And many others who are waiting for the reply .I had raised 2 web form for ircc Canada and 2 for ndvo but did not get proper reply yet.Only generic response.Hope they will reply in some days as u had filled the wf much earlier.

Reactions: Islander216

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Congratulations.Finally u got the way out.And many others who are waiting for the reply .I had raised 2 web form for ircc Canada and 2 for ndvo but did not get proper reply yet.Only generic response.Hope they will reply in some days as u had filled the wf much earlier.
the priority would for those whose CoPR expired. I think you will have to raise another one near/or after CoPR expiry and expect a specific response.

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
the priority would for those whose CoPR expired. I think you will have to raise another one near/or after CoPR expiry and expect a specific response.
I would recommend not to raise too many requests as it may put more pressure on IRCC for responding and that's what they suggest in their website as well.
Please be patient, every webform will be responded

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I would recommend not to raise too many requests as it may put more pressure on IRCC for responding and that's what they suggest in their website as well.
Please be patient, every webform will be responded
yeah I meant to inform only if you were unable to travel and CoPR expired.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Ok so do u think I should raise a web form again. My visa exp on 25thMarch ."I think I should wait till 14th April as they have written that if ur Visa has expired during restrictions u do not need to mail us.We will contact u when office resumes."

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,

Thanks for your post Rajiv. I am sure a lot of people are more hopeful by seeing the response you got.

When you raised the webform on 9 March, did you mention that you are choosing not to travel due to health risks or was it that you can not travel due to outbound flight restrictions from your country?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Ok so do u think I should raise a web form again. My visa exp on 25thMarch ."I think I should wait till 14th April as they have written that if ur Visa has expired during restrictions u do not need to mail us.We will contact u when office resumes."
You already have done, so need to further bombard IRCC with mails.

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Thanks for your post Rajiv. I am sure a lot of people are more hopeful by seeing the response you got.

When you raised the webform on 9 March, did you mention that you are choosing not to travel due to health risks or was it that you can not travel due to outbound flight restrictions from your country?
I could not travel as my flights were getting cancelled one by one. I had to write the webform to let them understand the situation.. I did provide my proof of booking confirmation and Flight cancellation messages I received

Reactions: SWB

Athar_In

Apr 21, 2019
Hi All, I had planned my travel to Toronto with my wife and 2 year old and CoPR valid till 22 Apr. Our flight was with Lufthansa on 16th Mar, but the flight got canceled on 13th Mar. I got it rescheduled for 3 Apr, which again got canceled on 20th Mar. Lufthansa have mailed that they will refund the amount, but do not know when. Again on 20th Mar I booked AI direct for 6th Apr, but due to lock down now all AI flights are canceled till 30 Apr, and no Air Canada flights too. In between Etihad was showing up with stoppage in Abu Dhabi from 15th Apr, but lately that is also canceled. Till date ~15K CAD stuck in limbo, and cannot afford to book another ticket. Have raised numerous web-forms to both Canada and Delhi, but have got the generic response. Now unsure what to do now. On one hand I do not want to risk our health, specially the kid's. On other hand do not want to miss this opportunity...
Please suggest what could be done now.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
For inland applicants that could not validate their PR status and their family is outside Canada, got this response from ircc

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The dependents can confirm their permanent resident (PR) status in Canada either:

• After the principal applicant has obtained their PR status, or
  • At the same time where the principal applicant will obtain their PR status.
In addition, the Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.

• Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE):
    • due to the current travel restrictions, you should not
    • travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
  • Appointment at a local IRCC office:
    • all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until April 13, 2020,
    • local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
  • What happens next?
    • maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker),
    • we invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.