hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
MY COPR EXPIRED TODAY - I DID NOT TRAVEL

I hoping for the best , relying on extension.

my country still allowed outbound flights , but it is absolutely difficult for me to travel due to health risk , and the fact that the exemptions were announced few days before my expiry - didn't have much time to set plans

hoping for the best , praying i will get extensions.

People from India , please chill - your country have closed the airport.
for sure you will get extensions.
Hi Adam,

Sorry for the situation you and many others including myself are facing. My Mom was booked to travel today while her PRV is valid until mid-May. Travel ban in India may or may not get extended beyond 14 April. The health risk factor may or may not change from now. And even if IRCC provides a blanket extension of say '150 days from expiry or 30 August 2020 whichever comes first'...we might still not be even 95% sure that health risk for the more vulnerable is eliminated (or even reduced)

Having said that I would think (sans any expertise whatsoever) that any similar blanket extension (my example above) should be:
- easiest to implement,
- faster to decide
-Easy to comprehend by both us applicants and VOs alike
- Simple to analyse and use in the systems/ software/ instruction manuals etc

And above all would drastically help reducing the super high workload caused by:
a) delayed applications in queue
b) revised medical instructions and processing of those medical results
c) additional PPRs processing by numerous local VOs.
d) additional health risk for applicants by visiting clinics/hospitals ,who might still be dealing with COVID waves

Before I get flamed... :) Yes it might likely increase risk of new undetected medical issues after a 12 month period of original medicals. And you will be correct. But then: who is to say 12 months are enough...why not 10 or 6 months?

Thus balancing the huge efforts and workload for VOs vs the minor risk potential I would humbly suggest quickly deciding and announcing a blanket extension. Something like the above!

(LOL as if IRCC has the time to read forums).

Last edited:

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Reactions: hinavin

MelCan2020

Apr 1, 2020
Hello,
I’m new here. Has anyone flown from the US to Toronto after the ban has been relaxed for CoPR holders? Did you face any problem at the US airport?
Also, can uber/taxi be used to travel to the airbnb in Canada? Thank You!

abong

Apr 1, 2020
Hello,

Discovered this forum last week and it has been really helpful. Thank you everyone for posting helpful links and landing experiences - it has helped me tremendously in taking informed decisions.

I am going to be travelling tomorrow from Frankfurt to Montreal to complete my PR landing. Will post my experience about it here. Hopefully it helps.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Is it still possible to book hotels In Canada? I see that prices are much lower compared to previous times (30$ per night). Might be good option for self isolation.

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello,
I’m new here. Has anyone flown from the US to Toronto after the ban has been relaxed for CoPR holders? Did you face any problem at the US airport?
Also, can uber/taxi be used to travel to the airbnb in Canada? Thank You!
I haven't flown yet - my PR expires on Aug 8th, however, it was approved in Feb. I am also a little worried that should I have flown when I had a chance? Only time (and luck) will tell IRCC's decision. I don't plan to raise a webform until late June however (if anyone else has any inputs on this, please do post)

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Hello,

Discovered this forum last week and it has been really helpful. Thank you everyone for posting helpful links and landing experiences - it has helped me tremendously in taking informed decisions.

I am going to be travelling tomorrow from Frankfurt to Montreal to complete my PR landing. Will post my experience about it here. Hopefully it helps.
Good luck!
And yes please do post experience.

What is your plan on self-isolation and do you plan to return to Germany after that?

Ships123

Mar 18, 2019
I am.planning to travel in the first week of May. Can anyone who has recently travelled or knows someone who has, let me know if Uber/cabs are available from the Toronto airport?
I have an Airbnb booked already.
Are CoPRs able to enter Canada , any new experiences?

Reactions: CountessO

Ramj

Sep 1, 2018
I am.planning to travel in the first week of May. Can anyone who has recently travelled or knows someone who has, let me know if Uber/cabs are available from the Toronto airport?
Uber is obviously available. They might not just help you with your bags.

Ramj

Sep 1, 2018
Are COPRs able to land ????? Really...

fion_canada

Jul 22, 2019
Is there anyone who knows the answer? If my COPR expiry date is Jun 2nd, Can I still travel to Canada on that date? Or it's not allowed? Thank you for your kind reply in advance.

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
If someone stays in Canada for 2.5 years out of 5 years from COPR landing date, and then later moves to another country, what happens after end of 5 years? Does the PR becomes permanent, or do we have to live another 2 years in Canada from years 6 to 10 in order for PR to stay active?

In other words, to maintain Permanent PR, do we have to spend 2 years in Canada just once, or keep living 2 years for every 5 years(Assuming someone doesn't live for 3+ years in Canada and hence doesn't apply for Citizenship)