+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Can we request them for a place to self isolate with a child.airbnb people are not too keen on taking in people. Also flights from Delhi post the lockdown period are too expensive. Further its too risky to get it done right now since flights are not offering any refund and we have already lost 2.5 lakh in air canada
You can try different places. If someone denied you their place, it doesn't mean everyone is gonna do the same. Prices are really really cheap nowadays due to least demand. Try your luck.

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
I wont suggest this at all because risk is always there. Even in your home country there is a risk. But for something you have spent so much time and put in efforts, there isn't any harm in soft-landing and isolating yourself for 14 days. Rest is your decision.
If i have to go alone, i can take risk but for two small kids. I am worried. They dont have a great immune and also OHIP card will take 90 days to activate for us.

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
I am in a similar situation. Although the travel ban is in place till 14 April ( In India), there is a probability that it might get extended. I too have lost money in flight cancellation and the refund from airbnb is taking time . The flight prices are very high. My visa expires on 18 April. I am feeling very hesitant to book anything now as the Indian government can extend the ban if it feels like it.
On one hand , I don’t want to be in a situation where I need to justify why I didn’t go , as the same would amount to giving the visa officer the discretion to cancel my application. On the other hand , I ve already faced two flight cancellations and two bnb cancellation. So , I just don’t want to lose more money .

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I Cant do soft landing , because i will loose my current job as my resident country wont allow me to land back till June.
I wish they give us a definite answer that they will extend COPRs

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,
I am in United States and my family is in India. We have CoPR expiring on May 1st. Can u please answer below questions?
1. Can I do soft landing without dependents? Will this be a problem to issue PR upon arrival since dependents won't come till all the chaos are gone.
2. If I was given PR and my Dependents let the CoPR expire - In this case should I ask for CoPR extension or restart the sponsorship process for them?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi,
I am in United States and my family is in India. We have CoPR expiring on May 1st. Can u please answer below questions?
1. Can I do soft landing without dependents? Will this be a problem to issue PR upon arrival since dependents won't come till all the chaos are gone.
2. If I was given PR and my Dependents let the CoPR expire - In this case should I ask for CoPR extension or restart the sponsorship process for them?
I think u should land first .As in India there us lock down going on and 80 pc the lock down will go beyond 1st may They will mostly declare on 13th April .So ur family will have valid reason for not being able to land and apply for extension.