+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
My dependents have not come bcz i dont want to put their life on risk. I just put my life on risk, this is the only reason they have not come with me.
I completely understand and its probably the right thing to do.
I'm just thinking from their point of view, your case might seem to them as 'did not travel on CoPR by choice' and not due to a necessity such as a travel ban. Especially since you are being able to travel.
You still have some time until you fly, I guess we will have better clarity by then. Also the global situation is evolving so quickly these days. Let's wait and see.

Reactions: Adam261

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
I completely understand and its probably the right thing to do.
I'm just thinking from their point of view, your case might seem to them as 'did not travel on CoPR by choice' and not due to a necessity such as a travel ban. Especially since you are being able to travel.
You still have some time until you fly, I guess we will have better clarity by then. Also the global situation is evolving so quickly these days. Let's wait and see.
Let me add more complexity in my case, I am already serving notice period and 15th Apr is my LWD. dont know should i take my resignation back or try to take risk by flying on 11 May

Abdulgafar

Jun 1, 2019
Yes, I have sent 2 emails to the Canadian embassy in UAE and received different replies. The first reply mentioned that they will be as flexible as possible if I am unable to travel before the COPR expires and the second one was more generic mentioning that I need to inform the IRCC by webform when I am able to travel after expiry so that they can let me know the next steps.
I sent a webform a couple of days ago directly to IRCC but have not received any response.
I see. I'll wait till the UAE airports reopen, then I'll send another webform. Please let me know if you get any response from the direct webform you sent to IRCC. Cheers.

Kalyan C

Mar 20, 2020
Got a below reply on seeking COPR & PRV extension:

Thank you for your email.

Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

If you are exempt from travel restrictions, you can now travel to Canada. When you arrive in Canada, you must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory. Before you travel, you will need to go through health screening protocols. For more information on who is exempt, visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Note that even if you are now exempt from travel restrictions prohibiting travel to Canada, you may still be subject to lockdown restrictions by local authorities that prevent travel to an airport.

If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after the travel restrictions have been lifted.

For up-to-date information regarding IRCC’s response to COVID-19, follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time, please only email us if you CANNOT find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page.
Thanks! Was this a reply to an email or web form? Also, please let us know to which visa office did you send your query to.

Tweetbird

Jun 14, 2019
Landed in Toronto a couple of hours ago only with COPRs and PRV. Allowed to go to the province of destination provided I will stay in the airport till the flight.
Can you or anyone else here who's recently landed in Canada please share whether you're allowed to get grocery from any nearby shop during the isolation period? If not, is there any option to contact the building manager/landlord to have groceries delivered?

Reactions: CountessO

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Landed in Toronto a couple of hours ago only with COPRs and PRV. Allowed to go to the province of destination provided I will stay in the airport till the flight.
Hey what is your nationality?
And what questions did they ask you? Especially regarding residence and proof of funds??

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks! Was this a reply to an email or web form? Also, please let us know to which visa office did you send your query to.
Is this mandatory to travel before COPR expire now. Cant we ask for extension because of COVID-19 risk.
As per below URL, we can raise web form and mention that we cant travel so kindly reopen our file and wait for as of now.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Last edited:

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Is this mandatory to travel before COPR expire now. Cant we ask for extension because of COVID-19 risk.
As per below URL, we can raise web form and mention that we cant travel so kindly reopen our file and wait for as of now.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
I wont suggest this at all because risk is always there. Even in your home country there is a risk. But for something you have spent so much time and put in efforts, there isn't any harm in soft-landing and isolating yourself for 14 days. Rest is your decision.

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Can we request them for a place to self isolate with a child.airbnb people are not too keen on taking in people. Also flights from Delhi post the lockdown period are too expensive. Further its too risky to get it done right now since flights are not offering any refund and we have already lost 2.5 lakh in air canada