+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Harman Pasricha

Jun 1, 2017
Guys, all international travel except cargo has been banned in India till April 14. I am sure there are many other countries where similar bans have happened. What about CoPR holders who can't fly because of such regulations? I am from India. My CoPR expires on April 14. I have filled the webform. What else can I do from my side?
Hi.. Can u plz tell what u selected in type of application while filling webform.. And do they responded to ur form?

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
My COPR expires on April 6 and it is impossible for me to reach Canada as the airports in the UAE are closed till April 8. I hope that IRCC will update their website with the extension process soon so that we all know what needs to be done.
Has anyone living in the UAE sent an email to the Canadian embassy asking them the steps for an extension?

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
Hi Guys
My COPR will get expired on 13th May. I have 3 dependents ( 2 small kids). Since i am the primary applicant what if only i will do soft landing on 11th May. In this case my dependents COPR obviously will get expired and only i will get the PR card. Is it possible if my dependents will get the COPR extension later. Please suggest if this will be the win-win case.

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi Guys
My COPR will get expired on 13th May. I have 3 dependents ( 2 small kids). Since i am the primary applicant what if only i will do soft landing on 11th May. In this case my dependents COPR obviously will get expired and only i will get the PR card. Is it possible if my dependents will get the COPR extension later. Please suggest if this will be the win-win case.
Please let me know too

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
If someone with a CoPR is able to land in Canada, where do they keep the person in isolation for 14 days? Do they have a specific building dedicated for this?

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
If someone with a CoPR is able to land in Canada, where do they keep the person in isolation for 14 days? Do they have a specific building dedicated for this?
"Today, the Honourable Patty Hajdu, Minister of Health, announced an Emergency Order under the Quarantine Act that requires any person entering Canada by air, sea or land to self-isolate for 14 days whether or not they have symptoms of COVID-19. "

"Individuals displaying symptoms of COVID-19 after arriving in Canada may not use public transportation to travel to their place of isolation. They also may not isolate in a place where they will be in contact with vulnerable people, such as seniors and individuals with underlying health conditions."

Source - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2020/03/new-order-makes-self-isolation-mandatory-for-individuals-entering-canada.html

Reactions: saad_im

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Nope. They are required to self isolate themselves at their stay in Canada. In 14 days officials will do random checks and if they were not found at their stay then they will penalize them with CAD 750000 and/or 3 months jail. On landing they will get their address where they will be staying.

Reactions: saad_im

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Got a below reply on seeking COPR & PRV extension:

Thank you for your email.

Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

If you are exempt from travel restrictions, you can now travel to Canada. When you arrive in Canada, you must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory. Before you travel, you will need to go through health screening protocols. For more information on who is exempt, visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Note that even if you are now exempt from travel restrictions prohibiting travel to Canada, you may still be subject to lockdown restrictions by local authorities that prevent travel to an airport.

If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after the travel restrictions have been lifted.

For up-to-date information regarding IRCC’s response to COVID-19, follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time, please only email us if you CANNOT find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page.
Even I got the same reply.Guys what do u comprehend from the bold lines.If my copr expires during restrictions I just need to wait for the offices to resume and they will tell the process to follow to get fresh copr.Am I right??

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
Hi Guys
please reply on this also

Abdulgafar

Jun 1, 2019
My COPR expires on April 6 and it is impossible for me to reach Canada as the airports in the UAE are closed till April 8. I hope that IRCC will update their website with the extension process soon so that we all know what needs to be done.
Has anyone living in the UAE sent an email to the Canadian embassy asking them the steps for an extension?
I sent an email to the Canadian embassy in UAE, but I got this reply: "NOTE: VISA AND OTHER IMMIGRATION INQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ANSWERED. THESE INQUIRIES MUST BE SENT USING THE IRCC WEBFORM." So I sent a webform to them through the link they provided. I have not received any response yet.
Did you send a webform also?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
please reply on this also
Being the primary applicant, if you are able to do a soft landing and validating your copr, this may potentially raise a question by the authorities about why your dependents weren't able to do the same.
For now, nobody can give you a confirmed answer about what will happen regarding copr extensions when normal work resumes.

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
Being the primary applicant, if you are able to do a soft landing and validating your copr, this may potentially raise a question by the authorities about why your dependents weren't able to do the same.
For now, nobody can give you a confirmed answer about what will happen regarding copr extensions when normal work resumes.
My dependents have not come bcz i dont want to put their life on risk. I just put my life on risk, this is the only reason they have not come with me.

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
I sent an email to the Canadian embassy in UAE, but I got this reply: "NOTE: VISA AND OTHER IMMIGRATION INQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ANSWERED. THESE INQUIRIES MUST BE SENT USING THE IRCC WEBFORM." So I sent a webform to them through the link they provided. I have not received any response yet.
Did you send a webform also?
Yes I have sent 2 emails to the Canadian embassy in UAE and received different replies. The first reply mentioned that they will be as flexible as possible if I am unable to travel before the COPR expires and the second one was more generic mentioning that I need to inform the IRCC by webform when I am able to travel after expiry so that they can let me know the next steps.
I sent a webform a couple of days ago directly to IRCC but have not received any response.