+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
Dear All,

Just a quick update. I'm an inland applicant and got my COPR 3 weeks ago.

Due to the recent news provided by Immigration Department in regards to the inclusion of approved permanent residents as part of the travel exemptions, I've called the border today to confirm if I would be allowed to flagpoling to do my landing process and the answer is NO. The agent emphasized that the Immigration Department is not in charge of the borders.
The same. Did you book office landing?

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Guys,I got my visa stamping done on 16th March and the CIC account shows approved status dated 17th March.As per the IRCC updates,anyone whose permanent residency is approved before 16th march can travel.I am doubtful if i am allowed to travel now or not.Can any one suggest.
I am in the same boat. My stamp date, COPR issue date, is March 13 and online approval/decision date is March 18th. Were you able to find out which date holds?

Chiya89

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi guys just a question, are parents considered as immediate family members. I am a Canadian citizen and my parents have supervisa. Will they be able to travel ?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Dear All,

Just a quick update. I'm an inland applicant and got my COPR 3 weeks ago.

Due to the recent news provided by Immigration Department in regards to the inclusion of approved permanent residents as part of the travel exemptions, I've called the border today to confirm if I would be allowed to flagpoling to do my landing process and the answer is NO. The agent emphasized that the Immigration Department is not in charge of the borders.
In-person interviews/appointments have also been suspended. What other options you now have?

rohansoni369

Jul 20, 2018
COPR issued online and on Passport 19th March 2020. Anyone have any clarity as to when can we travel or will we get a phone call interview?
My COPR expiry on passport is 10th August 2020.
Please advise.

gannys

Mar 27, 2020
Here is my situation with my mother’s PR.
Currently she is staying in Canada as a temporary resident. Already extended her stay and it is valid till 4/18/2020.

She had received her CoPR in Nov, 2019 and it expires on 4/24/2020. I have made several attempts with IRCC to schedule an appointment to confirm her landing through phone and email. But so far I haven’t received any response.

Finally, I have decided to go to the border today (3/27) with the assumption applicant with confirmed PR can do the flag poling based on the announcement in the IRCC website. But we were refused to exit Canada saying that flagpoling is not an essential service and they asked us to contact IRCC. But right now there is no way to contact IRCC other than sending emails since their operations are limited or closed.

I am worried what will happen to mom’s PR if it crosses the expiry date and if we don’t do the landing. I did a big mistake of not going to the border since we dont have the US VISA. Any guidance will be really helpful. Thank you.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
Here is my situation with my mother’s PR.
Currently she is staying in Canada as a temporary resident. Already extended her stay and it is valid till 4/18/2020.

She had received her CoPR in Nov, 2019 and it expires on 4/24/2020. I have made several attempts with IRCC to schedule an appointment to confirm her landing through phone and email. But so far I haven’t received any response.

Finally, I have decided to go to the border today (3/27) with the assumption applicant with confirmed PR can do the flag poling based on the announcement in the IRCC website. But we were refused to exit Canada saying that flagpoling is not an essential service and they asked us to contact IRCC. But right now there is no way to contact IRCC other than sending emails since their operations are limited or closed.

I am worried what will happen to mom’s PR if it crosses the expiry date and if we don’t do the landing. I did a big mistake of not going to the border since we dont have the US VISA. Any guidance will be really helpful. Thank you.
Thank you for letting us know that flagpole is not allowed. Now we can only for IRCC to open its customers call centre. Hopefully it is April 02. And hopefully more info about inland landing (telephone landing?)

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Naveedwaqar

Apr 9, 2012
They were flag polling, not currently allowed
Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

March 27, 2020.

Also...
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/canada-updates-exemptions-to-coronavirus-travel-restrictions-0313995.html#gs.1yb0i6

Last edited: