+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sachubai

Mar 27, 2020
My copr exp 18 June 2020..we r cec inland.. My wife already in Canada, she s the primary applicant. She s already Flagpole done on March 15th 2020..waiting for Pr card.. But my question is.. I'm now working in oman.. Here also lock down and travel ban still... If I can't travel before my exp copr date.. What is the next step... When I was request for copr extension..( Still I have chance for excemption to Travel Canada.. Because immediate family membor Pr..spouse ) but still oman lock down.. No idea when will be open... I'm working in health sector and our admin also nt allowed to travel permission... I'm worried.. Plz sort out my situation.. Anyone please

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I have my CoPR expiring on 27th April. Even when these new exemptions I cannot travel as India has restricted all international flights until 14th April. Once these are lifted, we can possibly travel, but given the circumstances of COVID spreading exponentially in US, I dont think I would want to travel and risk contracting this during my transit. Canada is a new place for me and no-one there to take care if, something were to happen during transit. I hope IRCC extends the CoPR in these circumstances for people who dont want to take the risk of traveling at this time.
I had raised a WebForm on 23rd March. Have not got a reply yet. I am fearing that for people who got CoPR before 16th March, they will not provide any exemptions and the CoPR will expire.
My visa expired due to their travel ban .So is it my fault!!They must give extension to those who are locked in their countries.Also I dont think flights will start operating from 15th April given the increase in no of cases every day.Lock down may drag uptill 15thMay or more.So u will be eligible for extension.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Sidd247

Mar 16, 2020
I completed my landing yesterday at Toronto flying from Glasgow, I had a COPR and my common-law partner is a Canadian citizen.

If anybody has any questions let me know
Nice one mate. Please share your experience. I'm flying out tomorrow. Did they examine you before check-in? What happened when you landed?

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I have my CoPR expiring on 27th April. Even when these new exemptions I cannot travel as India has restricted all international flights until 14th April. Once these are lifted, we can possibly travel, but given the circumstances of COVID spreading exponentially in US, I dont think I would want to travel and risk contracting this during my transit. Canada is a new place for me and no-one there to take care if, something were to happen during transit. I hope IRCC extends the CoPR in these circumstances for people who dont want to take the risk of traveling at this time.
I had raised a WebForm on 23rd March. Have not got a reply yet. I am fearing that for people who got CoPR before 16th March, they will not provide any exemptions and the CoPR will expire.
Stop freaking out and spreading panic, please. IRCC started offering COPR extensions several days before March 16th, and it applies to everyone who cannot travel due to COVID-19. You sent them webform that you cannot travel, you've done everything you could. Do not expect to get any instructions from IRCC on what to do next. Just wait patiently as they most likely do not know exact procedure for that right now and, what is more, do not have enough resources. People are sending thousands of webforms right now, some even send them multiple times. You will get the instructions when the things settle down a bit, because right now situation is still far from getting back to normal.

Sukre

Sep 1, 2018
Hi Guys,I got my visa stamping done on 16th March and the CIC account shows approved status dated 17th March.As per the IRCC updates,anyone whose permanent residency is approved before 16th march can travel.I am doubtful if i am allowed to travel now or not.Can any one suggest.
I’m pretty sure you can.

Sidd247

Mar 16, 2020
Have you read this? https://www.aircanada.com/fr/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/new-entry-requirements.html
Airlines are not always up to date unfortunately.
I hope you will make it though!
That post is old. The new exemptions are clear on the website and all over the news for any lay man to read. There is no travel restriction in my departure country. I have a flight in the morning. If they let me on, fine. If they don't, still fine. Not the end of the world. I will inform you all of my experience in due course. Take care, remain positive, stay safe!

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
That post is old. The new exemptions are clear on the website and all over the news for any lay man to read. There is no travel restriction in my departure country. I have a flight in the morning. If they let me on, fine. If they don't, still fine. Not the end of the world. I will inform you all of my experience in due course. Take care, remain positive, stay safe!
I am just wondering why they have not updated this already. They might still use these requirement rules for boarding, I don't hope so.

IGOR_BR

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Dear All,

Just a quick update. I'm an inland applicant and got my COPR 3 weeks ago.

Due to the recent news provided by Immigration Department in regards to the inclusion of approved permanent residents as part of the travel exemptions, I've called the border today to confirm if I would be allowed to flagpoling to do my landing process and the answer is NO. The agent emphasized that the Immigration Department is not in charge of the borders.

ouadrasi

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04/04/2019
Hi everybody,

So after getting PPR I submitted our passports for Visa right before the hole thing with Coronavirus began, and now I wonder what is happening with Visa Offices, are They delivring Visas those days? Is there anyone who passes through the same situation?