+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi Members,

My CoPR expiry is on 27th April (medicals expire on 27th April). We were planning for a soft landing on 24th April and return on 2nd May. We had got a call from NDVO on 15th March to ask if we were comfortable with 27th April. At this time, we did not expect the borders to be closed and said "YES" for CoPR.

Now, with this situation of Coronavirus and border closure, I am not really comfortable that even a travel on 24th April would be safe considering that Canada might want to restrict movements then.

Also my wife (primary applicant) has her passport expiring in Dec. So we have to travel within 6 months from the expiry of her passport (which might be June). I am really tensed now, with the current situation and dont want the CoPR to get cancelled. I have no strength to go through the PR process again from scratch.

I hope IRCC provides with options to extend the CoPR with additional medicals.

Should I raise a Web-form to NDVO as my CoPR was stamped there. Seeking your advice.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
I have a question, after the soft landing, you need to recieve your PR card, how can you recieve the PR card if you only stay in canada for 2 weeks.... the process itself takes more than 2 months!

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
I have a question, after the soft landing, you need to recieve your PR card, how can you recieve the PR card if you only stay in canada for 2 weeks.... the process itself takes more than 2 months!
You can get it sent to you via DHL for example, or you can apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document from your country.

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi Members,

My CoPR expiry is on 27th April (medicals expire on 27th April). We were planning for a soft landing on 24th April and return on 2nd May. We had got a call from NDVO on 15th March to ask if we were comfortable with 27th April. At this time, we did not expect the borders to be closed and said "YES" for CoPR.

Now, with this situation of Coronavirus and border closure, I am not really comfortable that even a travel on 24th April would be safe considering that Canada might want to restrict movements then.

Also my wife (primary applicant) has her passport expiring in Dec. So we have to travel within 6 months from the expiry of her passport (which might be June). I am really tensed now, with the current situation and dont want the CoPR to get cancelled. I have no strength to go through the PR process again from scratch.

Should I raise a Web-form to NDVO as my CoPR was stamped there. Seeking your advice.

We also want to extend .we called Canadian high commission but we didn't receive any reply

Priya PAtel

Jul 2, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I was to move on 8th April and I have received my PR card in August 2019.

Can my sister claim my points as I am not sure when I will get to travel coz of corona virus. I only have my PR card with me.

In August she loses 5 points for her age. And if he adds my points right now then she falls in the 470 cut off points.

If she claims my points will the proof of tickets and airbnb confirmation be enough of the intention that I was relocating to Toronto during this time.

Thanks

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
who will send it to me by DHL?
If you have a relative or friend. I will have to give an address of my acquaintance anyways, as I haven't got relatives. The PR card will be sent to him. but I will not ask him to send to me. I think it is safe to apply for PRTD

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
People have received it within two weeks. Check recent timelines on myimmitracker.com and might be delayed due to corona virus but no one knows for sure.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi Members,

Wait for the announcements IRCC is about to make this week. In case, you are losing patience then go ahead with webform and drop an email to NDVO. Perhaps, you can pay a visit to them but again they will tell you to wait for official announcement.

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
People can you check there is no direct air Canada flight showing from Delhi to Toronto during April? Is it because it is overbooked

timchi

Mar 24, 2020
If you have a relative or friend. I will have to give an address of my acquaintance anyways, as I haven't got relatives. The PR card will be sent to him. but I will not ask him to send to me. I think it is safe to apply for PRTD
Добрый день, я так понял вы из Казахстана. А можете поделиться, какие шаги вы предприняли или собираетесь предпринять в отношении невыезда из страны и истечения сроков COPR. Сроки действия наших документов подходят к истечению. Я сегодня был в аэропорту и мне сказали, что только с письменного разрешения полученного где-то там в МИД можно будет вылететь во время карантина. Если вы отправляли webform, не подскажите также, по пункту - Is your application being processed in the office outside of Canada, что вы ответили? Мы выбрали - In canada, но прошло более недели и ответа от IRCC не получии, теперь думаем может нужно было конкретный proccessing office указать, только как узнать который наш.

Sricad

Mar 22, 2020
Hi All

I have sent Passport for PR stamping to Ottawa.
March 17th...appl got approved
Since then no update. Wooried about my Passport.
Do we get update from IRCC if return is activated please can anyone tell

Thanks

Reactions: RkG666

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Добрый день, я так понял вы из Казахстана. А можете поделиться, какие шаги вы предприняли или собираетесь предпринять в отношении невыезда из страны и истечения сроков COPR. Сроки действия наших документов подходят к истечению. Я сегодня был в аэропорту и мне сказали, что только с письменного разрешения полученного где-то там в МИД можно будет вылететь во время карантина. Если вы отправляли webform, не подскажите также, по пункту - Is your application being processed in the office outside of Canada, что вы ответили? Мы выбрали - In canada, но прошло более недели и ответа от IRCC не получии, теперь думаем может нужно было конкретный proccessing office указать, только как узнать который наш.
Please check your personal messages.

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
So wanted to update you guys.

I flew in last week from Boston and a passenger on board tested positive. Officials traced me as well and I just got a test done and in self quarantine until I get the results.

I developed a slight fever yesterday.

I was lucky enough to have an apartment to quarantine myself in. For those who are relying on Airbnb and travelling with kids, be careful. It can happen to anyone.
I wish you sound health

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi All

I have sent Passport for PR stamping to Ottawa.
March 17th...appl got approved
Since then no update. Wooried about my Passport.
Do we get update from IRCC if return is activated please can anyone tell

Thanks
You can track online if canada post already received your documents or if have already sent back to you your docs..travking number is in your receipt when you paid canada post

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Canada still approving permanent residence applications
IRCC will continue to process new applications for permanent residence. Files with missing documents will be retained in the system and reviewed within 90 days.

Complete applications will be processed according to normal procedures.

New applications with missing supporting documentation will need to include an explanation that they are impacted by service interruptions due to the new coronavirus.

IRCC will take into account processing delays that may occur for principal applicants who are in Canada and have dependents abroad in China, Iran or South Korea who are unable to travel at this time. These applicants will not be granted permanent residence until travel is possible and they will be informed of the next steps.

Applicants for permanent residence who are in possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and a Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) and who inform the IRCC that they are unable to travel will be able to maintain the validity of their documents

Source: https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/canada-updates-immigration-instructions-amid-coronavirus-response-0313965.html#gs.1j9432