+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

tusa47

Mar 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
20-02-2019
The worst thing here is there is no reply for any webform you send.
Yes, but there is a note:

"We’re getting all requests submitted through the Web form.

If you submit a request, we respond in 2 to 5 business days. If you don’t get a confirmation email, this does not mean we didn’t get your request."

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi. I'm in Canada and hold US visitor visa. Technically, I can fly to USA and fly back to Canada to land? However, it's dangerous to do that now.
You are assuming with a US visit visa and the announced US/Canada travel restrictions just announced that you will even be allowed into the US let alone allowed back into Canada . Your travel would be classified as not essential so may not even be able to checkin. As per the other reply just be patient for this to hopefully pass, nobody is likely to be penalised at least if as a minimum follow any guidance given by IRCC such as sending a web form So IRCC are aware of an individual’s situation.

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Landed in Toronto from Boston:
  • CoPR's cannot enter Canada until June 30th from any country except the USA.
  • Only Canadians and family of Canadians/PR can enter
  • Family includes, spouse, dependent children and parents
  • If you have not travelled to any country outside of the USA and Canada in the past 14 days, you can enter Canada with a CoPR by FLIGHT ONLY.
  • Regardless of citizenship, if you're residing in USA and have not left the country or travelled abroad, you can enter Canada to confirm your CoPR by plane only.

Hello,

Question here:
Are parents considered as "immediate family?"

I read somewhere that only spouse/common law and dependent children are immediate family?

Thanks in advanced.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
they have made it clear, there is no extension. you do not have to reapply, but all the process will be redone.
Again, they have NOT made that clear. It says nothing about redoing the process because that would be a colossal waste of money and resources. Apps that are processed are done. People MAY have to have new medical/PCC/security checks but that is not the same thing as the whole process being redone.

ryan1990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Hello,

Question here:
Are parents considered as "immediate family?"

I read somewhere that only spouse/common law and dependent children are immediate family?

Thanks in advanced.
Dependent parents only. If your parents are physically/mentally incapable of living on their own, then they classify as dependents.

Reactions: Sparkling

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
Again, they have NOT made that clear. It says nothing about redoing the process because that would be a colossal waste of money and resources. Apps that are processed are done. People MAY have to have new medical/PCC/security checks but that is not the same thing as the whole process being redone.
For all we know they might encourage this. This gives jobs to IRCC agents and they can milk the CoPRs more by recharging them (they are foreign nationals after all so who would defend them anyways!).

Cesscita

Mar 19, 2020
COPR expires on 4th April. I am from USA. Filed my extensions request on 9th March. I mentioned that our state has declared emergency, banned large gatherings and told them about our toddler son who will be traveling. But they rejected. The person said 'Upon review of your request to extend the validity of your visa, I am not satisfied that there are factors beyond your control that prevent you from landing in Canada prior to the expiry of your visa. The validity of your COPR and/or visa will not be extended'.
Hi! Is your reason valid? Did you tell them that this is because of COVID? And when dis they released your visa before? I was thinking that they said that because “they might be thinking that we should have travel ealier than planned ”

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hello My parents are stuck in India, they got their COPR and Immigrant Visas on March 16 2020.
I want to bring them here, are they allowed to enter Canada ? If not , then until what date ?
Their COPR expiring July 4th 2020.

@Bs65 @canuck_in_uk

Cesscita

Mar 19, 2020
Hi! Please update us if IRCC has already lifted the travel ban to those who have been granted COPR both my husband and I are in the PH and are COPR and PRV holder. Thank you so much! Hopefully everything will get better soon. Please take care.