COPR and coronavirus

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
For all we know they might encourage this. This gives jobs to IRCC agents and they can milk the CoPRs more by recharging them (they are foreign nationals after all so who would defend them anyways!).
Common sense. IRCC agents already have jobs and there is nothing to "milk". No one is going to be charged PR fees again. They may have to pay for new medicals or PCCs but none of that money goes to IRCC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello My parents are stuck in India, they got their COPR and Immigrant Visas on March 16 2020.
I want to bring them here, are they allowed to enter Canada ? If not , then until what date ?
Their COPR expiring July 4th 2020.

@Bs65 @canuck_in_uk
No, they are not allowed to travel. As of right now, the ban is in effect until June 30th.

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
I have my COPR expiry as 7th July.. and tickets booked for 6th June.. really don't knw if I should postpone this to 2nd or 3rd of July or wait for few more weeks for some good news...really praying that there is no further extension in the ban..and the process for those who are foreseeing to miss their landing dates could be shorter and easier.. :(((

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi! Please update us if IRCC has already lifted the travel ban to those who have been granted COPR both my husband and I are in the PH and are COPR and PRV holder. Thank you so much! Hopefully everything will get better soon. Please take care.
No.

Shan1808

Nov 6, 2019
Landed in Toronto from Boston:
  • CoPR's cannot enter Canada until June 30th from any country except the USA.
  • Only Canadians and family of Canadians/PR can enter
  • Family includes, spouse, dependent children and parents
  • If you have not travelled to any country outside of the USA and Canada in the past 14 days, you can enter Canada with a CoPR by FLIGHT ONLY.
  • Regardless of citizenship, if you're residing in USA and have not left the country or travelled abroad, you can enter Canada to confirm your CoPR by plane only.
Hey Ryan, which airline did you fly?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I've decided not to wait until April, gonna send the webform tomorrow with all the details.

No point waiting now, the travel ban is until 30 June and my documents are expiring beforehand.

Might as well send it in and have it registered on their system.

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
I think IRCC can/SHOULD be more proactive and responsible at a time like this. Not asking for much, but we already know:
1. COPR can't fly till 30 June
2. There are hundreds whose COPR will expire before that and who haven't landed yet

Then it doesn't take a genius to figure out that these people (their COPR) are doomed. So what's this form business?? That too, no replies ever. "Fill the form explaining why you can't travel" - why is that, IRCC, take a guess?? They already have all facts, all the data. Logically they should say any COPR expiring before June 30 will be taken care of by them. Plain and simple. It will be a ray of hope for so many of us. And not at all a difficult task for IRCC.

Reactions: JNP19

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
I think IRCC can/SHOULD be more proactive and responsible at a time like this. Not asking for much, but we already know:
1. COPR can't fly till 30 June
2. There are hundreds whose COPR will expire before that and who haven't landed yet

Then it doesn't take a genius to figure out that these people (their COPR) are doomed. So what's this form business?? That too, no replies ever. "Fill the form explaining why you can't travel" - why is that, IRCC, take a guess?? They already have all facts, all the data. Logically they should say any COPR expiring before June 30 will be taken care of by them. Plain and simple. It will be a ray of hope for so many of us. And not at all a difficult task for IRCC.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/travel-and-visa-advisory-covid-19/3087838001268813/

This link clearly states that people with CoPR expiring before travel ban is lifted will get instructions with next steps once full services resume at high commission . These are the guys who stamp PRV in Delhi.

Reactions: Indranil01