+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
This is terrible, however this is not mentioned anywhere in the CIC page. Also, no major news portals are showing this news (I checked CBC and National Post). So are we missing something here? Something this huge should have been all over the press.
U are the one seeing it as huge, the order was made since 16th of March. The yday statement only clarified what was said on 16th, so nothing new as per instructions

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
This is terrible, however this is not mentioned anywhere in the CIC page. Also, no major news portals are showing this news (I checked CBC and National Post). So are we missing something here? Something this huge should have been all over the press.
Exactly even IRCC is not sending people to this page. This might be an internal page.

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
There are two things being discussed and we're getting confused. To clarify:

Airports: Currently on pause for all non citizens till June 30, unless you're in the US for 14 days before landing in Canada. See order here: https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en

Land Border: Are currently closed to everyone for "non essential travel."
I read the OIC document. It's terrible news. But the same thing is not mentioned anywhere in the press. I checked all major Canadian news portals. So are we missing something? Maybe the order applies to some specific section? Although the OIC document very clearly mentions that it applies to all people with precise exceptions.

CONFUSED AND DEPRESSED.

Jojorabbit

Mar 19, 2020
It means that if you're contacting them to advise that you can't travel due to the outbreak then you select No instead of Yes and then you get the button that will take you to the web form. If you're contacting them because of something else, answer as you would irrespective of the outbreak. I imagine this is because enquiries for guidance on the travel ban would get processed by a central office rather than visa offices outside of Canada.

For others, this is the context-
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Have you submitted an application for:
  • permanent residence
  • student
  • visitor
  • worker
- Yes
- No

Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?
- Yes
- No
IMPORTANT: If you’re currently being impacted by COVID-19, answer No to this question.
Iam outside Canada. Tickets April 10. Air Canada, they didn't cancel a flight yet. What should I write? COPR expires on May 15.

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
U are the one seeing it as huge, the order was made since 16th of March. The yday statement only clarified what was said on 16th, so nothing new as per instructions
The 16th March order nowhere said borders will be closed till June 30. Closing for 3.5 months is a HUGE thing.

Reactions: Dia89

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
essentially no one wants to own it now. they are very well aware, thousands of people have this question and are in stressful situation right now. If some official can come ahead and at least annouce that no COPR can land, that will be accepable, but no clear information is worse.
EXACTLY. A solid "NO" from an official source will be a huge relief. We won't be stuck in this decision limbo.

Marzipan

Mar 18, 2020
Iam outside Canada. Tickets April 10. Air Canada, they didn't cancel a flight yet. What should I write? COPR expires on May 15.
Even if the flight isn't cancelled, it is highly unlikely that you'll be allowed to board unless you fall under the exemptions mentioned in various previous posts. If you simply hold a COPR and are not an immediate family member to a PR/CC (or any of the other conditions listed here https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en) you probably will not be able to board under the current circumstances and risk refusal at POE. You can ask IRCC for guidance should this last beyond your COPR expiry.

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Even if the flight isn't cancelled, it is highly unlikely that you'll be allowed to board unless you fall under the exemptions mentioned in various previous posts. If you simply hold a COPR and are not an immediate family member to a PR/CC (or any of the other conditions listed here https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en) you probably will not be able to board under the current circumstances. You can ask IRCC for guidance should this last beyond your COPR expiry.
My Flight, Air Canada from Franckfurt airoport (where actually there are crazy high number of Covid cases (germany) and peple still doing parties and gathering in groups in weekend) even though Air Cnada did not cancel my flight! Nothing is stil clear for now

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
My flight in April has been cancelled so I am re-booking for the 26th of March. I will keep everyone updated how that goes...