May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en

Non-application
 Section 2 does not apply to
(b) an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or of a permanent resident as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;

They say that this travel ban is non-applicable to immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or PR.
COPR (thru spousal application) is the only thing my husband has now since they cancelled his TRV by the time he got his COPR/PRV.
Now, how is he gonna land if not as a PR?
Do they only allow immediate family member with TRV specifically to enter Canada? (saying Landing as a PR is not essential)
??

How did you interpret my post to get to that conclusion? The conversation I was having with the other poster is about a completely different situation. I suggest you go back and read it all.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
??

How did you interpret my post to get to that conclusion? The conversation I was having with the other poster is about a completely different situation. I suggest you go back and read it all.
Do you think at this very sensitive time Canada would accept immigrants? It does not seem realistic.

IGOR_BR

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Thread name is clear: CoPR Coronavirus ....its about people with CoPR who wants to enter to canada while coronavirus is being the reason for travel ban...what can we do ? Are we allowed or not?? What are the solutions?? Can they expend our visa .?
That’s not what you said in your other rude message...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do you think at this very sensitive time Canada would accept immigrants? It does not seem realistic.
Those who fall under one of the exemptions can still travel. Others have to wait for the ban to be lifted.

Ksirikon

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
"essential" is very subjective, there are some people like my parents, they had wrapped up their life back in their home country. Sold property etc. IT IS essential for them to come. if they do not come it's more hardship for them. because it will take another couple of years for them to get PR again. they can't even come on visitor visa because it gets cancelled when you get PR visa.
Agree

aisha90

Jun 15, 2016
has any one with the valid COPR Landed after the travel ban.
please share
Yes, I have valid COPR and I have got enough time to land but I think the COVID-19 is going to impact the economy badly till June or July. I am now concerned is it a good idea to move or wait for a year after doing a soft landing. When your COPR will expire ??

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Guys, cool heads prevail.

I know how you feel, i'm still somewhat devastated with the 30 June travel ban, because it definitely means my documents will expire before i can land.

But this is life, it will not take a long time for them to re-issue us COPR and PR visa, because as per their criteria, it's only ensuring validity of criminality and security checks, and your medical. People have had to do remedicals and were issued their documents soon after, it's not something which takes a long time, don't be pessimistic about it.

Also, let's not turn on one another, we're all in the same boat, or we care about people in this situation.

Let's stay united.

I'm also holding out hope for a slim chance that there could be exemption provided to us to land before 30 June, if the situation improves and they have the spread under control.

We could have a special measure introduced to allow people to land before May for example. so let's wait and see. Whoever's documents are expiring soon however, like in a few days, you should already send the webform to request an extension. The situation is fluid and still evolving, the travel ban could be reduced if things are improving as well.

Just be ready to apply for your extension when the time approaches your expiration date. I'm already gathering all the proof i need to show i tried to travel, and the various travel bans in place in my home country and in Canada. Get all of that compiled for when you have to send your webform.

Last edited:

Ksirikon

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Anyone with valid COPR FOR WIFE AND KIDS as husband have PR CARD , landed in Canada yesterday or today ? Please update .
Guys please keep on posting the status , as my husband is PR CARD HOLDER and me and kids have COPR .
Thanks in advance .

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Guys, cool heads prevail.

I know how you feel, i'm still somewhat devastated with the 30 June travel ban, because it definitely means my documents will expire before i can land.

But this is life, it will not take a long time for them to re-issue us COPR and PR visa, because as per their criteria, it's only ensuring validity of criminality and security checks, and your medical. People have had to do remedicals and were issued their documents soon after, it's not something which takes a long time, don't be pessimistic about it.

Also, let's not turn on one another, we're all in the same boat, or we care about people in this situation.

Let's stay united.

I'm also holding out hope for a slim chance that there could be exemption provided to us to land before 30 June, if the situation improves and they have the spread under control.

We could have a special measure introduced to allow people to land before May for example. so let's wait and see. Whoever's documents are expiring soon however, like in a few days, you should already send the webform to request an extension. The situation is fluid and still evolving, the travel ban could be reduced if things are improving as well.

Just be ready to apply for your extension when the time approaches your expiration date. I'm already gathering all the proof i need to show i tried to travel, and the various travel bans in place in my home country and in Canada. Get all of that compiled for when you have to send your webform.
So, this ban is not gonna be lifted before June 30 with possibility of extension right? My CoPR was issued on March 15 and expires on May 15. I guess I should raise that web form now. I was waiting for any further announcement from IRCC.
@canuck_in_uk Your thought, please?

Last edited:

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
That’s not what you said in your other rude message...
Do not take it personal, I am not rude person, I am here to provide information and get information and share information if possible concerning CoPr people related to Coronavirus situation, what is rude in that dude?

Reactions: Adam261

shh

Apr 1, 2019
Hey everyone
Just want to tell you from personal experience that you can enter Canada using your COPR document if you are an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen. A spouse is considered an immediate family member.
My husband landed in Canada yesterday, he was stopped and questioned when taking his flight from Pakistan and was stopped again at Abu Dhabi airport, but in both places they let him ago once he showed a picture of my citizenship card to prove that he is an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen. The airlines are not given clear instructions either and they are confused as well, but you can plead your case and explain that you fall in the category that is not banned from entering Canada. I hope and pray that things work out for all of you as I know how stressful it is! Good luck!

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Dear all,

If anyone here has landed with CoPR after 18th March Noon ECT. PLEASE LET US KNOW.
That is the information we need to know guys, otherwise we should not do any guessing, please SHARE experinces in case of soft landing in CANADA after 18MARCH with CoPR!! Thnak you all

Reactions: Adam261

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi Guys
Let's hope for a speedy containment of the virus for reasons other than just our COPR. We are hooked for 20th April and the COPR expires on 1May. Just regretting we didn't do a soft landing earlier. Anyway have raised a webform. Anyone received a reply yet to their webform? Hoping that they are working on some solution for the valid coprs.