+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sammytayo

Mar 19, 2020
This really hurts,copr expires 29th of may. Is there any guarantee that we will be reissued a new one, already rented apartment in Calgary.

Last edited:

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
I think once you 'land' at the airport with the visa and copr all bets are off. The officer might let you pass through as opposed to send you back on a 10000 mile return trip
There are significant risks though, even if you make it on a first leg of a flight, the connecting flight will deny. It's multiple hurdles.
Agree!

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Oh
That's not even possible right now as most flights are being cancelled. Pls has anyone ever experienced a situation where copr was reissued after expiration, if so what's the process
Pregnancy/ arrival of a new baby would be a scenario. Most likely medical and police certificate would be needed. The only problem is the total time it would take could be an extra 3-4 months from when everything is back to normal.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

sammytayo

Mar 19, 2020
Oh

Pregnancy/ arrival of a new baby would be a scenario. Most likely medical and police certificate would be needed. The only problem is the total time it would take could be an extra 3-4 months from when everything is back to normal.
Thanks, are we guaranteed of a renewal, Im really worried,copr expires 29th may... Ircc not helping at all by not specifically addressing case of people whose copr will expire in before 30th June

Reactions: Adam261

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
June 30?!?!?
Why no one announced it? It simply can’t be true. Europe closed it for 30 days. USA as well for 30. Everyone is clear on the dates to public except Canada.

this is total craziness

nkv2411

Jan 7, 2018
Thanks, are we guaranteed of a renewal, Im really worried,copr expires 29th may... Ircc not helping at all by not specifically addressing case of people whose copr will expire in before 30th June
Mine expires on May21st... Staying on a work visa... Have resigned here and was planning to move...
Definitely worrying.. would definitely help if there is more clarity from their side...

Nevertheless relatively we have some more time at least.. there are others in the thread in a more tight situation...
Even the Canada govt. is taken aback with all the measures and the effect of the virus.. they are gathering their thoughts too I guess..
Primary concern are their Citizens and current PRs... COPRs from what I feel they are in a limbo too as to what to do with this category..

Hoping to get a clear update soon when things settled with respect to their Citizens and PR...

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
There is no guarantee of anything in life. We can hope for the best - most likely it should be fine with months in delay.

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Quick question guys,

I have my COPR. Does having COPR count as being PR and can I travel to Canada in this case? Please advise?

Cheers and stay safe!
Quick tip on people who are unable to find face masks, Buy or make a cloth mask with elastic, put a tissue inside and replace the tissue after 1-2 hours. This will ensure atleast some barrier towards coronavirus. FYI I am not a doctor or medical practitioner

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Quick question guys,

I have my COPR. Does having COPR count as being PR and can I travel to Canada in this case? Please advise?

Cheers and stay safe!
Quick tip on people who are unable to find face masks, Buy or make a cloth mask with elastic, put a tissue inside and replace the tissue after 1-2 hours. This will ensure atleast some barrier towards coronavirus. FYI I am not a doctor or medical practitioner
COPR is not PR. And for most cases we can't travel to Canada because of travel restrictions imposed recently.

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
COPR is not PR. And for most cases we can't travel to Canada because of travel restrictions imposed recently.
Oh wow, then my job is gone, hehe. But health and safety comes first so all good. I will just delay my landing until everything is clear.
Cheers mate for your prompt reply.

Ksirikon

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Incorrect. Those who meet any of the exemptions, such as being the immediate family member of a Canadian citizen/PR, can travel. This is not an "interpretation"; it is published information from the Canadian government.
Exactly, appreciate the post. Thankyou so much for your practical thinking or reply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
they have made it clear on their website that one will need new criminal, security and passport check along with medical. so it just seems like a new application processing.
No, they haven't made that clear. It says the VO needs to make sure that "the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports." It doesn't say that everything has to be re-done.

herain312

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
Travel for the purpose of obtaining immigration services is non-essential. If you are in Canada, and are seeking to travel to the border in order to make an application for a work permit, study permit or permanent residence, you are asked to consider federal and provincial guidelines for self-isolation and social distancing. Do not travel to the border for these services until further notice. If you are currently in Canada as a visitor, student or worker, you can apply online to IRCC to extend your temporary resident status. By doing so, you can continue to stay, study or work in Canada while your application is being processed. This is referred to as implied status, and as long as you apply before your current document expires, your current immigration authorizations and conditions remain unchanged. In-Canada services are available through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Updated on CBSA website.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/noncan-eng.html