+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Ksirikon

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
I called CBSA, they said if airline allowed, then no issue. I've no idea... stressssss
Hi ,
Same thing happened to me this morning, my husband called to airlines they said if immigration people are allowed then we don't have any issues, then my husband called immigration center at hyderabad airport they said we didn't got any update like that so we won't stop , but in this forum situation is different so totally stressed out don't know what to do.

Wale09

Jun 16, 2019
Did they say extended or being put in the express entry again so have to go through the same process again?
If you can't travel means to me that the airline is not airlifting. I am only talking of COPR, not tourist now. This is an essential travel. So, if I cant travel, then I believe one should raise a webform. There is an ambiguous feel about the COPR landing thing. All agents I have spoken to, 3 in number said I can fly. So why shouldnt I fly when my COPR expires soon. My opinion.

kmuhammadsaad

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
If you can't travel means to me that the airline is not airlifting. I am only talking of COPR, not tourist now. This is an essential travel. So, if I cant travel, then I believe one should raise a webform. There is an ambiguous feel about the COPR landing thing. All agents I have spoken to, 3 in number said I can fly. So why shouldnt I fly when my COPR expires soon. My opinion.
you are a ray of hope for everyone in this forum. Please let us know how your entry goes.

Thanks

kmuhammadsaad

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
My COPR expires on the 24th and my flight is today via BA.

I’ve called the airline and gone to their office. I’ve reached out to CBSA and IRCC but nothing concrete.

I plan to board tonight and see what happens.
A friend of mine called the Pearson airport and they said they will accept copr

I will keep you guys updated, I hope it all goes well. Fingers crossed.

stay positive and hang in there!
We will all be fine
Please do update us once you land. This will help many on this forum whose COPR is expiring soon.

Thanks

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I think once you 'land' at the airport with the visa and copr all bets are off. The officer might let you pass through as opposed to send you back on a 10000 mile return trip
There are significant risks though, even if you make it on a first leg of a flight, the connecting flight will deny. It's multiple hurdles.

Reactions: going2CA

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
On the webform there is a provision to select your visa issuing office. Once you submit your webform goes to that particular visa office. How do we send to the federal office please?

I think this is a good idea. Guys please, if you have not filled a webform, DO SO ASAP! With numbers and volumes, they will see this as a collective problem and will have to do something quickly. For now, maybe they are not even looking as COPR related issues as they have clearly said their priority is getting their citizens home.

If the pandemic clears out and some are still able to use their COPR, excellent. Because you fill a webform doesn't mean your COPR will be cancelled, you are just letting them know that you may not be able to use it before given that there is no timeline currently to the situation. So please do not be afraid to fill the webform. It is actually for our own good.
Hey in type of application/enquiry on the web form which option did you’ll select?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
We already have a case of someone being denied boarding on the connecting flight from London to Canada.

It's risky, i would just wait for an official communication from IRCC.

Reactions: smithplato

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Nobody said COPR will be extended. In fact, they said they will communicate on next steps to restart application.
It's the same thing, restart application means extend your COPR, that's why they mention only medicals, security and criminality checks being valid as conditions.

Wale09

Jun 16, 2019
Even if you were to board the plane I don't think you will be allowed to enter Canada. As of now, only Canadian & US citizens and PR card holders can land in Canada.

Don't take risk. Wait till May for things to calm down!!
What could happen if I landed as a COPR?

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Ok, I will make simple for folks in the group.

One of my known tried to board the flight on COPR from Mumbai (19th march 2020), after calling Canadian embassy New delhi and having confirmation from delhi immigration stating as long as you have the valid visa as an immigrant you can travel (dated 18th March 11.30am). Additionally, the bulletin from cic websit on Covid-19 program delivery states that valid COPR and PRV are encourage to travel. (link shared below) Anyways, despite of showing the facts to Airline (Air France / KLM) denied boarding for him. They checked with the authorities and still they wouldn't let them board the flight. He also checked with duty managers of Air India, Qatar, Egypt Air and Lufthana, all had the same answer. In fact. Qatar did allow a family of 3 to board a flight on 18th early morning from Mumbai, but now they as are stuck in Doha transit and airline is bring them back to India. (as per Duty manager from Qatar Airways) and same was the case with Egypt air.

My 2 cents Airports is like a ghost town at this moment, Airlines are denying boarding so who so ever is attempting to board on COPR, based on the information shared, i doubt if they would be allowed. (I dont intend to discourage, but sharing the facts) Despite of showing email from Delhi immigration and COVID19 COPR & PRV dated 16th March, they would still not allow.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Stay safe and good luck !

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Okay, so I drove 5hrs to the Canadian border to give it a shot.

Was turned back, they do not have staff to process CoPR's at the moment. Asked me to try on Monday.

Edit: Port of Entry was Thousand Islands Lansdowne.
When did you try buddy?