+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
The email just said to submit my passport for the COPR. Since Indian passport holders have to submit their physical passports, I am not sure if I have to go and physically deposit it by taking an appointment/no appointment needed, or if I need to do the same via CVAC official courier service. The email didn't clarify these points.

Thanks for clarifying about the RPRF.

I spoke to a few people and they mentioned that RPRF and Biometrics do not have to be paid/done again.

Still confused about the entire process of passport submission.
I don't know what is in your letter but mine had this "To submit your package outside of Canada: Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee". There is a VAC office in my state so I mailed it it to them. They forwarded my docs on to IRCC via VFS

Call your nearest CVAC and ask them

newbulu

Nov 15, 2019
I am still waiting for update after medical done on 18March 2022. What is current time-line ? If any one has medical done recently
  • COPR - expired Aug 2021
  • still want to immigrate email - Feb 2022 and replied same day
  • Medical 3 - March 18 2022
I am on the same boat!!! pls keep sending your update to keep the spirit for everyone like us :)

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Good morning from Canada,

I successfully landed with my family before yesterday through Toronto airport
The IRCC officer process was around 5 minutes waiting, 5 minutes process, after 5 other minutes she called me back and said welcome to Canada

The only question from IRCC officer were :
  1. How much many are you planning to bring Canada
  2. Any other family member mentioned who wasn't part of this trip ?
  3. She asked me also to ensure my custom declaration is done properly.
I want to say thank you for all who helped me in this forum with their advises... special thanks for @Titanium !!!!

Good luck for you team, you will do ir believe me.

All the best
How much money did you carry there?

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
How much money did you carry there?
There is no specific amount to carry; Just take a rough estimate of how much you will need for a few days of survival (e.g. food, transportation, accommodation, sim card etc). If you have a credit card that works overseas keep that as a back up.
In terms of opening a bank account, you can have as little as 50$. I opened an account in TD with just that and then can wire transfer as much as you need. They gave me an ATM card immediately too.
Anyhow you probably shouldn't be carrying more than 10,000CAD; if you do, see this link: Travellers - Travelling with CAN$ 10,000 or more (cbsa-asfc.gc.ca).

Last edited:

huchan

Feb 14, 2021
Hi - We landed in Calgary yesterday from Mumbai. The immigration process was smooth; no questions asked apart from the 3 questions that are written on the CoPR. The only thing the officer mentioned was that we cannot enter again on the CoPRs and will need a PR card.
1) After we got out of the airport, we realized we did not process the goods to follow form. How do we do that now?
2) Also, the immigration officer asked us to update address for PR card online. My GC key has not been updated and my application still shows ‘Submitted’ with the latest update stating that they are still reviewing eligibility criteria despite receiving CoPR and landing in Canada. Where do I update my address for PR card if application is not updated on GC key?

*CLARO2020*

Oct 16, 2020
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
2021-05-06
File Transfer...
07-05-2021
Med's Request
06-28-2021
Med's Done....
24-01-2022
Passport Req..
07-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2022
Hi - We landed in Calgary yesterday from Mumbai. The immigration process was smooth; no questions asked apart from the 3 questions that are written on the CoPR. The only thing the officer mentioned was that we cannot enter again on the CoPRs and will need a PR card.
1) After we got out of the airport, we realized we did not process the goods to follow form. How do we do that now?
2) Also, the immigration officer asked us to update address for PR card online. My GC key has not been updated and my application still shows ‘Submitted’ with the latest update stating that they are still reviewing eligibility criteria despite receiving CoPR and landing in Canada. Where do I update my address for PR card if application is not updated on GC key?
2. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify

Reactions: huchan

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi Titanium,

I got a message on my GCkey account that my PR card was printed on the 11th of May and mailed to my nominated address in Canada on May 13th. Card could take up to 6 weeks to arrive
Thats great. You did your landing early april or late march yeah??

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
By the grace and mercy of Almighty, completed our landing process a few weeks back. All the experiences shared on this forum has helped me a lot for which I will forever be thankful, so want to share our experience ( in brief ) because I hope it will help someone intending to travel in the near future. The process is pretty much similar to what others have described the past couple of months, once they completed the landing.

Print at the kiosk, one print for the family. Read the declaration properly while answering yes or no, as it’s important for the goods to follow etc.
Then proceed to the first queue (goes pretty fast), n the officer will direct you where to go. Then you go to the office that handles immigration. If there are students, expect a real long wait, but usually the officer takes the students in batches to process their documents so your turn can come quickly.

Officer asked pretty basic questions, as per the copr, took the address, told us pr card will take time, asked us to sit while he processed the documents. Once done, called us and congratulated us on becoming permanent residents and handed us the documents. Thats a feeling indescribable and I sincerely pray you all get to experience it.

He didnt ask us if we are carrying any cash, or see any other documents that we had carried.

Declared all the goods to follow, (at the customs office) got it stamped and we were good to go (be as detailed as possible on this document).

But i got picked up for random covid test:rolleyes: but that went pretty smooth as well.

Kay Cee

Apr 20, 2020
Hello everyone.

I finally received my new COPR on Friday (13 May 2022). It has been a long and very strenuous 24+ months, but I can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

For anyone still waiting for their turn, my brief timeline is as follows. I hope it brings you some comfort and hope.

- Original COPR issued 14 February 2020.
- COPR expired 03 May 2020.
- Multiple webforms submitted throughout 2020. Generic responses received.

- 'Are you ready to travel' aka 'Can you travel within 60 days' aka 'Still interested in immigrating to Canada' email received in first week of January 2021.
- Affirmative reply sent within a week of abovementioned email (i.e. by Mid-January 2021) along with supporting documents (i.e. tentative travel itinerary, quarantine plan, screenshots of confirmatory conversation with a property owner for a lease agreement, job search emails etc. - these documents were required to demonstrate that I was serious about moving to Canada and wasn't planning on doing a soft landing in the middle of the pandemic.)

- No response to my affirmation for nearly the rest of 2021 despite multiple webform submissions.

- On 23 December 2021 I finally received my re-medical request.
- Re-medical done on 06 January 2022.
- Re-medical approved and reflected in my profile on 16 January 2022.
- Received request for a background declaration (Schedule A) on 05 April 2022.
- Received 'Ready for Visa' email on 05 May 2022.
- Passport and supporting documents sent via official VFS courier service to the VAC on 09 May 2022 (booked via the VFS website).
- Received my passport with the new COPR on 13 May 2022.

- Tentative flight to Toronto scheduled for 27 July 2022. I plan on doing a soft landing. Will follow this thread for advice on the same.

I want to thank everyone who has been posting here regularly. Your inputs were so valuable. I think it's fair to say that I would have either given up entirely, or made critical mistakes, or fallen prey to a predatory visa agent if I hadn't accidentally come across this forum.

To anyone still waiting for their turn, don't lose hope. Everything will fall into place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tahhi and Titanium

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi Titanium,

I got a message on my GCkey account that my PR card was printed on the 11th of May and mailed to my nominated address in Canada on May 13th. Card could take up to 6 weeks to arrive
Hey Welluf, Congrats!! That was very quick! Even less than the 180 days recommended by the CIC website.
Vancouver airport maybe is way better and faster.
What did your GC key account show before the update? Mine shows 'submitted' - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."; did you have that?
Very well done!!

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
By the grace and mercy of Almighty, completed our landing process a few weeks back. All the experiences shared on this forum has helped me a lot for which I will forever be thankful, so want to share our experience ( in brief ) because I hope it will help someone intending to travel in the near future. The process is pretty much similar to what others have described the past couple of months, once they completed the landing.

Print at the kiosk, one print for the family. Read the declaration properly while answering yes or no, as it’s important for the goods to follow etc.
Then proceed to the first queue (goes pretty fast), n the officer will direct you where to go. Then you go to the office that handles immigration. If there are students, expect a real long wait, but usually the officer takes the students in batches to process their documents so your turn can come quickly.

Officer asked pretty basic questions, as per the copr, took the address, told us pr card will take time, asked us to sit while he processed the documents. Once done, called us and congratulated us on becoming permanent residents and handed us the documents. Thats a feeling indescribable and I sincerely pray you all get to experience it.

He didnt ask us if we are carrying any cash, or see any other documents that we had carried.

Declared all the goods to follow, (at the customs office) got it stamped and we were good to go (be as detailed as possible on this document).

But i got picked up for random covid test:rolleyes: but that went pretty smooth as well.
Congrats Titanium!
Did you do a soft landing? Officer at the customs told me to show the goods to follow when I move permanently and when I have a shipping manifest from the shipping company. Interested to know if you got a different advice.

Last edited: