Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi everyone,

I've been a silent participant of this forum since it was created, have been readying a lot of the posts and it seems most of us where in the same situation at one time or another. After a lot of waiting I finally landed in Canada and would like to share my story with all of you.

My first COPR was issues back in February of 2020, I didn't have time to get everything together and make the move before the pandemic hit and everything closed, COPR expired in June of 2020, I was not given a lot of time from issuing of COPR to expiration. Submitted a webform for extension, did not hear from anyone for almost a year, in June of 2021 I was asked for a medical exam again and to resubmit my passport, did all of that and new COPR was issued within two weeks of submitting passport.

Since COVID cases were still rising in the USA and Canada at that time, I decided to not travel until it was safer to do so, finally made the trip this year, May 2022! I drove from the USA to Canada and landed in Alberta, process was easy and immigration agents made me feel welcome and got to talked to them about just random stuff, completely different experience from when my family and I immigrated to the USA, I was at the border maybe 30 minutes total, I was asked a few questions and for my address in Canada to where they'll be sending my PR card. Was asked for a list of items and had a nice conversation with the border agent that was helping me with that. Since I was importing a car the process was a bit longer, but 30 minutes is not bad.

Once I was done they wished me good luck and I drove to my apartment. I was a bit nervous throughout the whole process, but the border agents did made me feel a lot better.

I was able to exchange my US driver's license for a Canadian one, process was simple, took about 15 minutes and received my license in the mail within a week. Getting my SIN was also pretty simple, was given to me within the same day and it's just a sheet of paper with your personal information, no card will be send to you.

Also, I was able linked my PR card application (Was submitted y the border agent) with my PR application account to be able to track the process of my PR card. I know it's a lot, but hopefully this helps someone and if any of you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

Thank you!
Thankyou for your update.
How are you linking the accounts?

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Thankyou for your update.
How are you linking the accounts?
These are the steps ....

How to Link My PR Card Application to MyCIC Account
How to link my PR Card application to MyCIC account
Follow the below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) log in to the CIC account.
2) Go to the section “Link an existing application to this account”. Click on the “Link application to this account” button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select “Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name”
5) Fill in required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in “Date you became a permanent resident”
7) Click on search for my application.
8) after the application is searched make sure you submit the application else not linked.

Once you have successfully linked your application it will show you as “Submitted” status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into “Approved” status.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
These are the steps ....

How to Link My PR Card Application to MyCIC Account
How to link my PR Card application to MyCIC account
Follow the below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) log in to the CIC account.
2) Go to the section “Link an existing application to this account”. Click on the “Link application to this account” button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select “Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name”
5) Fill in required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in “Date you became a permanent resident”
7) Click on search for my application.
8) after the application is searched make sure you submit the application else not linked.

Once you have successfully linked your application it will show you as “Submitted” status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into “Approved” status.
Thankyou so much. Linked the application.
And this maybe a bit of a silly question, but do you link for each family member or just principal applicant?

Reactions: Tahhi

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thankyou so much. Linked the application.
And this maybe a bit of a silly question, but do you link for each family member or just principal applicant?
You have to link everyone not just the principal account.

When you asked the other day about my GCKEy status I assumed you'd already linked your PR card.

I linked mine the second day after I landed

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
You have to link everyone not just the principal account.

When you asked the other day about my GCKEy status I assumed you'd already linked your PR card.

I linked mine the second day after I landed
Hello there,
No, i didnt know this bit of the process. Thats why was wondering how you were getting the application in progress message.
My counterfoils itself got updated to my gckey just recently after the virtual landing got completed.
Each day is a new learning, thanks to all of you.
Anyway linked the pr card application for all yesterday. Hope to receive the card approval messages soon.

Reactions: Welluf2019

husain_PGP

Dec 23, 2017
Hi everyone:
My parents received their COPR in February 2022. Their immigration visa is valid till July 7 2022. Due to COVID, they are nervous to travel to Canada. Specially since there is a 5th wave coming, is there a way for them to request extension?

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Hi Friends,

Need your urgent help to fill arrivecan app.
I am on the flight details page
How to fill flight details if I have connecting flight.
I have flight from Singapore to Tokyo and then from TOKYO to VANCOUVER.
If I fill my Singapore as 'Country of original departure' then what will be Arrival Airport ?
is it TOKYO or VANCOUVER.

If I am etnering VANCOUVER Then I not able to get flight number in serach operation.

Summery:
My question is how to fill flight details section when we have connecting flight?

Thanks in advance for your help

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi Friends,

Need your urgent help to fill arrivecan app.
I am on the flight details page
How to fill flight details if I have connecting flight.
I have flight from Singapore to Tokyo and then from TOKYO to VANCOUVER.
If I fill my Singapore as 'Country of original departure' then what will be Arrival Airport ?
is it TOKYO or VANCOUVER.

If I am etnering VANCOUVER Then I not able to get flight number in serach operation.

Summery:
My question is how to fill flight details section when we have connecting flight?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi,

You can put the flight who is landing in the first Canadian town, in your case Tokyo Toronto.
For the flight number, please double check, some calls are operated by Air Canada for the need of other companies ( Lufthansa, Air France ,,,,etc) so they have generally double flight codes for each company.

Just to add, I filled mistakenly the wrong flight code for ArriveCAN, there were no consequences.

Have a good trip.

Best regards

Reactions: CA98712

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Hi,

You can put the flight who is landing in the first Canadian town, in your case Tokyo Toronto.
For the flight number, please double check, some calls are operated by Air Canada for the need of other companies ( Lufthansa, Air France ,,,,etc) so they have generally double flight codes for each company.

Just to add, I filled mistakenly the wrong flight code for ArriveCAN, there were no consequences.

Have a good trip.

Best regards
Thanks a lot for quick info

Dimps18

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hi..I will be travelling to Edmonton via Montreal this weekend..The layover at Montreal will be 4 hours and 20 mints..As per my understanding the landing procedure will be completed at Montreal and i would need to get the connecting flight to Edmonton at which there would be no additional requirements..Appreciate if someone who landed recently with a connecting flight share their experience..I will be travelling with my husband and 4 year old son.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi everyone:
My parents received their COPR in February 2022. Their immigration visa is valid till July 7 2022. Due to COVID, they are nervous to travel to Canada. Specially since there is a 5th wave coming, is there a way for them to request extension?
I sincerely would not advise requesting for any extension. In fact extensions n reprocessing was done specifically for those coprs which got affected due to the extensive travel bans. I am sure it was no easy journey for your parents to receive their CoPR as well so please plan and complete the landing formalities.

When it comes to waves, its something or the other.

By Gods grace So many on this thread itself have travelled and safely returned home or settled there. Let not doubt and uncertainty take too much place in your mind. Its endless. All the best.

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi..I will be travelling to Edmonton via Montreal this weekend..The layover at Montreal will be 4 hours and 20 mints..As per my understanding the landing procedure will be completed at Montreal and i would need to get the connecting flight to Edmonton at which there would be no additional requirements..Appreciate if someone who landed recently with a connecting flight share their experience..I will be travelling with my husband and 4 year old son.
Hi,

I did recently in Toronto before taking other flight to Ottawa. It was around 20 minutes immigration, and 1 hours with customs declaration.

4 hours should be more than enough, and there's no additional steps in the final arrival town.

BR

Dimps18

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hi,

I did recently in Toronto before taking other flight to Ottawa. It was around 20 minutes immigration, and 1 hours with customs declaration.

4 hours should be more than enough, and there's no additional steps in the final arrival town.

BR
Thank you for your response

Reactions: Tahhi

tjhunt

Feb 27, 2018
Minneapolis
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
13-03-2019
Hi Everyone, my COPR expired around August 2020 and I could not travel before that due to the pandemic. Last year, I sent the Ready for travel email but never heard back from them. This year around March I sent a web form asking for the status of my application and they emailed me back stating that they check my info and confined that it's still under process. Are any of you in the same boat as I am?