+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

KingArthur123

Jan 20, 2021
Hi all,
I got the AL this morning!!
But I now have a new problem. I also just received my new passport yesterday. The AL has my old PP number.
Anybody in similar situation? What do i do??
Congratulations @tomx420. Please how long did your medical status show "we did not receive your medical result..." before you received the AL? Also, did your status change to "Submitted" before you received the AL? I am in a similar situation now, status changed from "Your action is required" to "Submitted" and Medicals shows "we did not receive your medical result..." VO is Ottawa

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
I am EXACTLY in the same situation as you: CoPR issued before March 18, expired on August 1st, never contacted IRCC after it expired, only before it mentioning I would not make it and receiving, as answer, that it should be fine and I would have to raise a new web form to ask permission when I'm ready. Never raised and by now, according to IRCC's website info, I shouldn't, since we are since December 23rd supposed to wait to be contacted instead of contacting them ourselves through web form. So now I'm just waiting...

Regarding the re-medicals... Are you sure you are going to need it? Why don't you wait until they ask you? If you are sure you are going to need it and want to get ahead, then make sure the place you do it has the proper connection to IRCC. If so, you should be fine, if you read above, in this thread, I'm pretty sure someone did this before, that is, sent a re-medical exam without being asked, and it went well.

@JOW @adiljaved88 Hi guys what are you planning now? I am also in the similar boat. Do you suggest can we contact CIC if we need to go urgently?

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021
@JOW @adiljaved88 Hi guys what are you planning now? I am also in the similar boat. Do you suggest can we contact CIC if we need to go urgently?
@JOW thanks a lot for your reply. I saw a post earlier where he got his remedical done without getting remedical request from IRCC. I am now planning to do the same. I hope this will help speed up things as I have left my job now and my wife is pregnant with the due date in May/June. I want to travel asap.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone

Just got my AL with validity till 20 March. Went for my remedicals on 11 jan and received AL today while gckey was updated yesterday with new counterfoil details. Super thankful to each and everyone in this group for your constant support.

My medical results are still showing the previous ones though eligibility and final approval dates have been changed. I hope that won't be an issue @13nitinsharma @crackMBA @legalfalcon .
What is there on your document that matters.

jjos

Jan 5, 2021
When did you apply for it? Did you receive acknowledgment email right after send sending the email or after some time?
I said I received acknowledgement for my reply to 7pt email. I didn't receive any response to my email(Jan 5) sent to 'travel exemptions'

Reactions: crackMBA

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello,

My copr expired on dec 4th 2020 and the IrCC have sent me a letter on dec 30th giving me 2 options - either travel with my expired copr by feb 27 2021 with an AL from their end, or redo my medicals if my plan is to travel after that date so they can issue me a new copr valid for one year - which is what i opted for. I did my medicals 4 days ago and this should be updated in the system within a week. But i do not know how long it takes after my medicals for the new copr to be issued. Has anyone been in this situation? Is a matter of weeks?months?

thank you all and good luck!

Reactions: Titanium

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello,

My copr expired on dec 4th 2020 and the IrCC have sent me a letter on dec 30th giving me 2 options - either travel with my expired copr by feb 27 2021 with an AL from their end, or redo my medicals if my plan is to travel after that date so they can issue me a new copr valid for one year - which is what i opted for. I did my medicals 4 days ago and this should be updated in the system within a week. But i do not know how long it takes after my medicals for the new copr to be issued. Has anyone been in this situation? Is a matter of weeks?months?

For me it was within 2 weeks from the date I did remeds but timelines can go in months. No guarantees. If you do not want to travel prior to 27th Feb 2021 then I think you should not worry much.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
For me it was within 2 weeks from the date I did remeds but timelines can go in months. No guarantees. If you do not want to travel prior to 27th Feb 2021 then I think you should not worry much.
Well i had given a timeline around September to travel but also prefer having the new copr way before just to make things clear and real as i don't want my planning to be last minute one if there's any delays.. just hoping they don't consider this as starting from scratch but more as a re-issue of the copr which i hope takes less time as it did with you.

Thank you for your reply back!

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Passport number does not matter. The report should have your Name, DOB and test used i.e. PCR mentioned in it.

ok thanks. i was asking because alot of ppl have been talkin about getting PP number on the report. All the best you must be flying sometime soon right?

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hello,

Hi, was your copr issued before 18th March?