+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Received 7pt email today. For those who are yet to receive this email I would recommend you to write an email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca because I got this email 14 days after I wrote to aforementioned email id.
CoPR issued : feb 2020
CoPR expired : May 18 2020
Medical expired : May 18 2020
Medical auto-extended : June 30 2021
My spouse had landed with CoPR in March 2020.
Did you receive any response after sending this email? Also, do you know the exemptions for spouse of PA who already landed?

Reactions: abhishekmishra19

ama2020

Jul 19, 2020
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17/02/2019
Doc's Request.
27/02/2019
Nomination.....
08/08/2019
AOR Received.
04/09/2019
Med's Done....
30/08/2019
Passport Req..
10/10/2020
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2020
LANDED..........
17/01/2021
"gave me papers regarding SIN" -> What is this?

Are they giving SIN at immigrations?

Congratulations on your successful landing.
she gave me instructions and pamphlets about the documents i need to apply now.

jjos

Jan 5, 2021
Did you receive any response after sending this email? Also, do you know the exemptions for spouse of PA who already landed?
Yes,an acknowledgement email. Spouse is exempted from travel restrictions under immediate family reunification.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/pm-warns-canada-could-impose-new-covid-19-travel-restrictions-without-notice-1.5272919
@crackMBA @legalfalcon Do you think its not gonna affect us?
Should we consider preponing our tickets though no direct tic is available.
As I told you earlier, they are warning the current leisure travelers from Canada and India is not even in the list. Did you read the whole article? You can prepone if you want but I wont do that.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi everyone

Just got my AL with validity till 20 March. Went for my remedicals on 11 jan and received AL today while gckey was updated yesterday with new counterfoil details. Super thankful to each and everyone in this group for your constant support.

My medical results are still showing the previous ones though eligibility and final approval dates have been changed. I hope that won't be an issue @13nitinsharma @crackMBA @legalfalcon .

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi everyone

Just got my AL with validity till 20 March. Went for my remedicals on 11 jan and received AL today while gckey was updated yesterday with new counterfoil details. Super thankful to each and everyone in this group for your constant support.

My medical results are still showing the previous ones though eligibility and final approval dates have been changed. I hope that won't be an issue @13nitinsharma @crackMBA @legalfalcon .
Pack your luggages. You are good to go. Your new CoPR should be valid for 1 year.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi everyone

Congratulations! Plan your travel now.

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
As per my experience IRCC wont care what is your approximate date of travel. If you say April 1st as tentative date but you get an AL on Feb 1st then your AL will be valid till April 1st(In majority cases AL is valid till 60 days).

I just mentioned that an Airbnb/Hotel will be booked once AL is received. Different people replied differently.

Mostly AL is valid till you medical expiration date or 60 days after it is issued, whichever comes first.
@whyCorona and @crackMBA Thank you both for you comments/tips.
I am replying to the email now saying that I will be ready to Travel early April . I will also mention that I can expedite travel if needed (As AL is valid for60 days and it would expire before April if they give). I will mention hotel will be booked once AL is received.

Reactions: crackMBA

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi everyone

I am not sure about this thing. I think you should be fine.

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
@whyCorona and @crackMBA Thank you both for you comments/tips.
I am replying to the email now saying that I will be ready to Travel early April . I will also mention that I can expedite travel if needed (As AL is valid for60 days and it would expire before April if they give). I will mention hotel will be booked once AL is received.
@crackMBA , One last question, Does it affect my chances if I provide detailed answers to a simple Yes/No question? For example for What is the approximate date/week on which you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable) want to travel to Canada? I am mentioning why I need time till April 1st week?