+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi All, I got my AL today.
i re-did my meds on 6-Jan. My CoPR has been extended to Jan-2022 and AL expiry is set to 30.03.2021.

Now planning our trip to Canada.

Anyhow, I have a new issue. My AL was issued with my old passport number. But I just got my renewed passport yesterday. I have raised a webform.
wondering if it’s going to be an issue. Anyone in similar situation?
Any advise??

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
ok thanks. i was asking because alot of ppl have been talkin about getting PP number on the report. All the best you must be flying sometime soon right?
Yes, just need to settle few things before travelling.

You must present a negative laboratory test (paper or electronic proof of result) to the airline or private operator before coming to Canada. The negative laboratory test result must include:

• Traveller name and date of birth
  • Name and civic address of the laboratory/clinic/facility that administered the test
  • The date on which the test was conducted
  • The method of test conducted (PCR or LAMP)
  • The test result
Travellers must ensure that the COVID-19 test includes all the above-noted elements.

At this time, we encourage travellers to make best efforts to have their test performed at a reputable laboratory or testing facility (i.e., one recognized by the local government or accredited by a third party, such as a professional organization or international standards organization).

Link: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying#health-check

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi All, I got my AL today.
i re-did my meds on 6-Jan. My CoPR has been extended to Jan-2022 and AL expiry is set to 30.03.2021.

Now planning our trip to Canada.

Anyhow, I have a new issue. My AL was issued with my old passport number. But I just got my renewed passport yesterday. I have raised a webform.
wondering if it’s going to be an issue. Anyone in similar situation?
Any advise??
I don't guarantee but I read in one of the forum where a person travelled with new passport whereas CoPR mentioning old passport number and successfully landed. Anyways if it comes to travel then you should keep both the passports (old and new) with yourself.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
I don't guarantee but I read in one of the forum where a person travelled with new passport whereas CoPR mentioning old passport number and successfully landed. Anyways if it comes to travel then you should keep both the passports (old and new) with yourself.
Thanks @whyCorona !
The AL has my old passport number and it mentions "You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada....."
I am more worried about airline staff not allowing me to board rather than Canadian immigration. Anyways I have raised a webform, hopefully they get back in time.
Planning to book tickets and make preparations to leave for Canada. Can't believe after 3yrs of ordeal the day has finally come!!
Cheers!

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Congratulations @tomx420. Please how long did your medical status show "we did not receive your medical result..." before you received the AL? Also, did your status change to "Submitted" before you received the AL? I am in a similar situation now, status changed from "Your action is required" to "Submitted" and Medicals shows "we did not receive your medical result..." VO is Ottawa
Thanks @KingArthur123 !!

The medical status was "we did not receive your medical result..." and the overall staus was changed to 'submitted' for at-least 4 days.
So, I called the clinic and even though I did the meds on Jan-6, the results were only uploaded on Jan-13. I sent a webform when I saw the status 4 days back with the medical receipts.

Given my experience, my best guess is your AL is not far away either......hang in there. All the best!!

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Mine is back to normal now. What about yours?
mine is also back but I am worried that my counterfoil details are still not updated. I received the AL on 7-Jan-2021 but my gckey still stays at submitted whereas it should be approved with counterfoil details.

KingArthur123

Jan 20, 2021
Thanks @KingArthur123 !!

The medical status was "we did not receive your medical result..." and the overall staus was changed to 'submitted' for at-least 4 days.
So, I called the clinic and even though I did the meds on Jan-6, the results were only uploaded on Jan-13. I sent a webform when I saw the status 4 days back with the medical receipts.

Given my experience, my best guess is your AL is not far away either......hang in there. All the best!!
Thank you very much @tomx420.

Reactions: tomx420

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
mine is also back but I am worried that my counterfoil details are still not updated. I received the AL on 7-Jan-2021 but my gckey still stays at submitted whereas it should be approved with counterfoil details.
Strange, since in my case I have not received AL. Do you plan to fly soon?

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
very strange since i got updated details on jan 7th but no AL. when is your AL valid till?

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Looks like even more people have gotten updates - guess that's a good sign. Nothing for me of course, I only found out that my application is in CPC-O.

StuckSA

Jan 20, 2021
Hi everyone- posting again- my initial post was likely to early and was overlooked-would appreciate any help!

Good day, I would like the opinion of the forum on an article I found on PHAC website regarding essential work classification:https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx

Question: If I fall into one of these categories and I have a job offer in one of the categories but contingent on getting into Canada soon, does my COPR still need to be pre 18 March to qualify for the entry exemption?
My COPR is expiring on 12 Feb'21 and I would like to explore all opportunities where I may be allowed to enter Canada.
Appreciate any input.

Thanks