+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
People who are in bad place are those who got CoPRs prior to travel restrictions and were ready to travel with flight bookings, job resignations and god knows what but could not make it.

If you have received your CoPR recently when travel restrictions are still in place then I don't think its a bad situation. Not sure how strict the CBSA or Immigration officers at the moment with people who are travelling out of exemption list. You should look for some real life experiences regarding that before travel or no travel. Good luck!
Totally agree with you @whyCorona. At least the other have who received COPR after restrictions have their jobs and normal life. They have not wrapped up everything to travel.

Reactions: Mahi_PR

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
But will immigration officers really turn anyone back to where he came from because he has no AL ? Even with copr? I’m just wondering . Maybe they need to be this sudden travel by copr holders and let’s see if they will turn hundreds of copr back.
They can turn them back. They can be stopped from boarding the airplane even from India. I read about a person on fb group who was politely requested by officer to book a flight back to India (please do not ask for the post, it was sometime in July-Aug).

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
The chances of getting an PPR email are higher if your application moves back to "Submitted" status.

Applicants who received PPR on Nov 7 and Nov 21, their applications were moved back to "submitted" and their counterfoil details were vanished.

Let's hope for the best.
Yeah, chances are pretty slim.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
back ground check, approved, final decision made. Nothing else. No other change.
That's not ghost update. These updates are in Latest Update section. Go a step back when you select 'Check full application status's and adjacent to that is 'Current status' column which changes to 'Application/profile updated'.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
That's not ghost update. These updates are in Latest Update section. Go a step back when you select 'Check full application status's and adjacent to that is 'Current status' column which changes to 'Application/profile updated'.
Ohh that thing. Mine is approved.
Thanks for explaination.

Last edited:

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I have been seeing the GU's on the home screen of the GC key under 'Current status' column which changes to 'Application/profile updated' for the 2-3 weeks and the latest update section keeps rolling between medicals passed and background check. Not sure if this should be considered as a sign of progress.

I think many applications are re-worked by officers in Ottawa and once decision is made, they move it to NDVO for further processing(probably to issue AL or PPR). @13nitinsharma thoughts?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I have been seeing the GU's on the home screen of the GC key under 'Current status' column which changes to 'Application/profile updated' for the 2-3 weeks and the latest update section keeps rolling between medicals passed and background check. Not sure if this should be considered as a sign of progress.

I think many applications are re-worked by officers in Ottawa and once decision is made, they move it to NDVO for further processing(probably to issue AL or PPR). @13nitinsharma thoughts?
That's a right understanding.