+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
CLARIFICATION ON RE-MEDICALS REQUEST EMAIL & FURTHER STEPS

Since yesterday, so many applicants have received the re-medical email but they are confused whether to proceed for re-medicals or not. Before this email, there were few applicants who received similar kind of email but with the confirmation that once you submit your new IME results, we will issue you the authorization letter. (and this line is missing this time in the yesterday's bulk email and hence the confusion is created).

Now, after getting this email, people are confused what to do next? If you read the last line of your email, it clearly says you will have to submit the new IME results via webform. After your re-medical submission, you just wait & see if IRCC issue you an authorization letter or they send you the passport request in your account in order to submit at VAC (by two way courier service method).

My recommendation - Book an appointment, carry the print out of this email, original passport, photo copy of your passport and required medicals fees and get your new medicals ASAP.

A few medical centres look out for UMI number or the form, but not the case with every medical centre. For example, at Max Centre New Delhi, there is no as such process to show form or any UMI number in order to proceed with re-medicals. You simply book an appointment over the call, and get your medicals done on the day of your visit.

Hope this explanation gives you an better idea for how to proceed further.

sha8877

Aug 6, 2020
Hi, I went to get my SIN today, but they couldn't give us that. It may take 4-6 weeks for them to mail that to us. This is also due to Expired COPR problem. I am really fed up with it. Anyone facing a similar issue?
Hi.. Hope you are doing well !! I know you are having your own challenges after landing, but it would be great if you can give some information as you are the only person who got AL after re medicals based on what I saw. Did you notice ghost updates after re medical pass and before AL?

JK7

Nov 6, 2020
Dear all,

They will send this request to you via email and your GC Key Account. In your GC Key account, you will see the attached IMM 1017E of all your family members. Attached is the email they sent to me, Sent from the email address : donotreply@cic.gc.ca

A message about your application is waiting for you.

We sent you a message about your application to your account.

To read your message:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.
3. Scroll down to the Messages about your application section.
4. Click on the Subject of the new message to read it.

Did you receive this after getting the notification letter from ircc? If so, how long did it take?

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Also another quick query. Did you apply online or via mail? If yes, then 4 weeks is normal processing time. For in person visit; you will get in a day if all documents are presented
I went there in person, for Expired COPR who landed with travel authorization, there is some issue. We have to go there with a PR card to get it instantly.

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi.. Hope you are doing well !! I know you are having your own challenges after landing, but it would be great if you can give some information as you are the only person who got AL after re medicals based on what I saw. Did you notice ghost updates after re medical pass and before AL?
No, I received AL before my GC key was showing approved, that's why I had an issue of Boarding denial also. You can look at my old posts.

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
is there really any 6 months grace preiod offered for medicals that have expired, have people in such cases really have to redo the medicals ?? mmy medicals expired 30 June,2020.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
No, they just gave a reference number to contact their helpline, if I don't get anything in 4 weeks.
Wow! This means that you cannot apply for a job in next 4 weeks. What kind of sorcery is this? Did you provide your new CoPR document number which resides in your CIC account? That might help in issuing the SIN number as after landing CoPR is used as a proof for PR until actual PR card in not issued.

Reactions: Canigo

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Ear
Wow! This means that you cannot apply for a job in next 4 weeks. What kind of sorcery is this? Did you provide your new CoPR document number which resides in your CIC account? That might help in issuing the SIN number as after landing CoPR is used as a proof for PR until actual PR card in not issued.
Earlier they used to give SIN at airport only!! What's happening.

Reactions: Canigo

Canigo

Aug 4, 2020
Hi All,

I haven't received any 4pointer email till now but I am willing to travel. When I raise the webform, do I still give answers to each 4 point email?. Moreover, for proof of funds can I submit an online generated bank statement which is without a bank stamp.
Yes I believe it will be helpful if you give them enough information according to the 4 point email. Yes you can show an online generated statement.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
hi today i received this email from irrc

this is medical request letter ?
plz help me

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

You can find more information on travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Did you receive any 4 pt email before this medical request.

Thank you

raajsindha

Nov 5, 2020
Hi Guys, i have received my CoPR just two days back surprisingly within 4months which I wasnt expecting. Meanwhile, I had already made plans of my India visit next week Thursday and get married there. I wanted to add my fiance's file to my application after getting married. Now that i have received my CoPR, can i still travel to India, get married and have my fiance's file added?

PS- i have valid work permit untilDec'2021.

any help/suggestion is appreciated. Thank you guys.!

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
I didn't receive any new COPR document in CIC account. It's just showing details of new COPR. My old COPR has an immigration officer's stamp of landing date, so that's the one which is my landing proof.