+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

rt0308

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,
How do I know that my medicals have expired? From what date are we looking at the validity?
Thanks
Hi there,

Medical validity is calculated from the day you passed it, it is valid for one year, but because of covid they there is a grace period of 6 months from the day your copr and prv expired. I hope this helps....

Reactions: ARookie

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hi there,

Medical validity is calculated from the day you passed it, it is valid for one year, but because of covid they there is a grace period of 6 months from the day your copr and prv expired. I hope this helps....
Thanks for your reply.
I have raised several web forms and no reply yet and my COPR expired in June which means the medicals are valid till Dec. Now I am wondering If i should book the medical appointment upfront as this may take time or wait for a response from IRCC.Any suggestions?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for your reply.
I have raised several web forms and no reply yet and my COPR expired in June which means the medicals are valid till Dec. Now I am wondering If i should book the medical appointment upfront as this may take time or wait for a response from IRCC.Any suggestions?
Disclaimer: follow my opinion at your own risk

Good thinking.. medicals are valid for a year.. in case there are long wait times where u want to get ur medicals done from, then i would suggest to get it done in advance and maybe attach confirmation receipt with ready to travel webform.

If there are no wait times then wait for ircc :)

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Disclaimer: follow my opinion at your own risk

Good thinking.. medicals are valid for a year.. in case there are long wait times where u want to get ur medicals done from, then i would suggest to get it done in advance and maybe attach confirmation receipt with ready to travel webform.

If there are no wait times then wait for ircc :)
H, Thanks for your response.

I guess i will wait for another week or so.If not, Then i will book the appointment upfront.As the time is passing by, remidicals seem inevitable.

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi there,

Awesome info! Would you mind posting a link to the source (about the 6 months grace period)? Thanks.

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hello Everyone,
How do I know that my medicals have expired? From what date are we looking at the validity?
Thanks

It is valid for 1 year and has an auto extension of 6 months from the date of your last IME and not the date of CoPR expiry.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I had shared 14 days quarantine plan, proof of funds, and a resignation letter from my previous company.

I had also taken a chance and booked tickets to travel to Canada on August 22, 2020. I had to cancel that because I didn't get a response back from IRCC. I had shared that canceled Air Tickets, Airbnb reservation.
Hello -

How long did it take for you to get the AL from the date you resigned? I find it quite risky to resign from my job without knowing how long the whole process would take - considering i might have to redo my medicals as they expire soon.. it is a bit confusing in terms of time-frame. I understand it is a waiting game but risking not having a monthly income these days is also tough! Good luck to all.

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
So, applicant can go for new medicals with this letter only or they need some sort of request letter for remedicals.
Are you inland or Outland applicant? If I may know what stage your application is at? I have submitted my passports and waiting for PPR and my medical will be expired on feb 17th don’t know if I get an extension or not!
Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Reactions: kaadman

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Where is the grace period of 6moths visa expiration? Any source? Pls let me know
Thanks
There is no source for this info, but can be evidently noticed with the trend of applicants receiving re-medicals requests last week.

So, you can say, anybody whose medicals are expired, if you add additional "6 months" to it and if still it doesn't cross today's date, then most likely you'll 100% receive the re-medicals request.

This is what have been noticed, and basis this people have received re-medicals request or will receive it soon.

ShroffM

Jul 20, 2020
Authorisation letter was sent to me via an email. However, Gc-key wasn't updated by them.(must be some technical error). So I was not allowed to board a flight on October 18, which I shared in this forum. After contacting IRCC they rectified that error and informed me through email. I checked in Gc-key account, it was showing application approved and new details were attached to my passport. But still had doubts, however took a chance to go since, no other thing was showing pending. My advice to persons receiving an AL, just don't go straightaway, let your new details get reflected in your Gc-key account .
How long did it take for you to receive an AL?