+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
With expired IME means those who have surpassed the auto 6 months IME extension from the date of CoPR expiry?

Is NDVO requesting for re IME? From the email timing it does not look like NDVO.

Applicants who received this email, did they respond to 4 pointer email? Because getting a reply to do remeds after responding to 4 pointer email seems senseless as person has showed his/her intentions to travel within next 60 days.
I believe IRCC has added a control to the whole workflow, so that they can clear the backlogs.

Like you said, the default extension on IME is for 6 months. So, for people who have IME still valid as per this auto extension, can still expect an AL? :confused:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I believe IRCC has added a control to the whole workflow, so that they can clear the backlogs.

Like you said, the default extension on IME is for 6 months. So, for people who have IME still valid as per this auto extension, can still expect an AL? :confused:
We need to know the VO. There are some VOs who are following the instructions which are laid out by IRCC. For NDVO which is probably swamped with backlogs is giving ALs of 15 days validity (as per recent posts in this thread). For NDVO, I am not sure if they are gonna ask for remeds.

They can issue ALs of 2 months and then ask for remeds if person fails to travel within expiry of AL. Whats the harm?

Reactions: kaadman

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
With expired IME means those who have surpassed the auto 6 months IME extension from the date of CoPR expiry?

Is NDVO requesting for re IME? From the email timing it does not look like NDVO.

Applicants who received this email, did they respond to 4 pointer email? Because getting a reply to do remeds after responding to 4 pointer email seems senseless as person has showed his/her intentions to travel within next 60 days.
If you add 6 months to your previous medicals expiry, and if it has expired as of today, then you will receive 'remedicals' request before IRCC issues you an authorization letter.

People who have received such email, their VO is NDVO (confirmed).

All these applicants have received 4 pointers email on October 02.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
If it helps anyone, I have also received the 4 pointer email on Oct 2 and replied on Oct 3 which was weekend, i have not received any further update on it. I dont have any dependents in india or family in canada and my copr expired on May 9th. I did raise many webforms, last was in August and my visa office is New delhi.

Reactions: whyCorona

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Though this is probably progress of some kind in that they are at least doing something about the backlog, this does seem quite unfair. A remedical request when the reason people can't travel is because of the restrictions Canada has in place is not right. Not to mention, the added expenses that has to be borne by the applicants for doing these medicals all over again.
More than money time is wasted in all this rules and regulations.Why can't they simply let us in without any ifs and buts.I thought Canada is considerate country.

Reactions: Mumbai2Canada

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
If you add 6 months to your previous medicals expiry, and if it has expired as of today, then you will receive 'remedicals' request before IRCC issues you an authorization letter.

People who have received such email, their VO is NDVO (confirmed).

All these applicants have received 4 pointers email on October 02.
Mine 7 months passed after copr expiry date .So I should expect a remedical req.They haven't even sent md that.No progress at all.My vo is Sydney.NS.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi.. Did these people get a 4 pointer email before, or have they received this email as a reply to a web form?
So from what it is stated if you are not in a hurry you do NOT need to re-do medicals...
After restrictions are lifted you could just go...
For some reason I don't feel quite comfortable taking that at face value though...

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Though this is probably progress of some kind in that they are at least doing something about the backlog, this does seem quite unfair. A remedical request when the reason people can't travel is because of the restrictions Canada has in place is not right. Not to mention, the added expenses that has to be borne by the applicants for doing these medicals all over again.
So from what it is stated if you are not in a hurry you do NOT need to re-do medicals...
After restrictions are lifted you could just go...
For some reason I don't feel quite comfortable taking that at face value though...

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Could someone please tell me what is a 4 point email?
For getting Travel Authorization Letter, you receive a email from IRCC which has 4 questions which need to be answered to show your readiness to travel in next 60 days. You are also required to attach supporting documents to convince them that you are travelling to settle and not for just activating your PR status. Also you need to provide a solid quarantine plan for 14 days.

Last edited:

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
ANOTHER UPDATE: PEOPLE ARE RECEIVING RE-MEDICALS REQUEST

Hi Everyone,

Today's morning around 3 AM IST, applicants have received re-medicals request mentioning that their new medicals are required in order to issue a travel authorization letter. Below is the email which most of the applicants have received (mostly applicants with COPR expiry post April 20):

Date: 2020-10-23
UCI: _____________________
Passport #: ____________________
Application number: ___________________

APPLICANT NAME,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

Specifically, your Immigration Medical Examination (IME) results have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to issue a new confirmation of PR document, a PR visa with a letter of authorization when the IME results are expired. You must undergo a new Immigration Medical Examination. Once your immigration medical examination results are received, we will be able to issue a letter of authorization.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

You can find more information on travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
So, applicant can go for new medicals with this letter only or they need some sort of request letter for remedicals.