+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
From what I have read there is no logic to who has been sent the 4 point mail. People whose were granted copr later than me have received the 4 point mail before me. Also timelines from 4 point mail response to receipt of AL are erratic across applicants. It finally is based on the immigration officer who may be handling your case. There is absolutely no set time line or logic to predict a response. It's a wait game that's all. But there is hope in the fact that it will move forward eventually. Don't overthink. Stay positive.

You are right! It all boils down to the Immigration Officer handling your file.

But there is some movement happening and it is clearly noticeable from the recent AL's received by people who raised RTT and responded to the 4pt email.

Let us give it a few more days and I am sure they will roll out more AL's in batches as they have to avoid an influx at the port of entry.

Last edited:

nehass

Dec 30, 2018
Hi,
I received a four-pointer email on 29 Sep 2020 and replied on 1 Oct 2020. Today I received a ghost update in my profile. When I checked, I noticed a final decision update along with the new counterfoil. The final decision said, "October 21, 2020, your application was approved. Check your message below for details."

I see a new counterfoil document added with the expiry date mentioned as 31 Jan 2021. Apart from this, I have not received any other notification from IRCC. I have not even received an email from IRCC. What exactly does this mean? Will I be receiving any information from IRCC soon?

I am blank on what to do next? Should I be receiving AL?

My Timeline
Invitation: July 24, 2019
AOR: August 24, 2019
Medical passed: September 9, 2019
Application approved: March 5, 2020
CoPR: March 15, 2020
4-pointer Email: September 29, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 1, 2020
Ghost update and new counterfoil: October 21, 2020

Appreciate your valuable comments. Thank you
what documents you did attach?

nehass

Dec 30, 2018
Authorisation letter was sent to me via an email. However, Gc-key wasn't updated by them.(must be some technical error). So I was not allowed to board a flight on October 18, which I shared in this forum. After contacting IRCC they rectified that error and informed me through email. I checked in Gc-key account, it was showing application approved and new details were attached to my passport. But still had doubts, however took a chance to go since, no other thing was showing pending. My advice to persons receiving an AL, just don't go straightaway, let your new details get reflected in your Gc-key account .
how long does it take to reflect in cic account? i mean the new counterfoil update

incan123

Dec 14, 2017
so
ANOTHER UPDATE

NEW COUNTERFOIL DETAILS UPDATED - VO NEW DELHI

Below is the update shared by one of the applicant, she received the update around 6PM IST today. Please see her timeline below:

VO: NDVO
COPR Expired : June 11
Raised 3 webforms
4 Pointer Received: 29th September
Replied: 3rd October
Ghost Update: 19 October (Monday)
Counterfoil updated: 22nd October
Validity till 30th November
No AL yet. Just counterfoil updated.
Hi,
When you submitted webforms did u attached any documents or only your info.

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Congratualtions, happy for you. Would you please tell me how you booked Air Canada through Agent or Directly Air Canada Official Website. Sent RTT webforms , no 4 Pointer. Just waiting for things to move.
I booked through an agent, the same day I travelled. One can book online also but you need to have the debit/credit card with you, while checking at the Airport. Also check the international usage limit for your debit card, if you are using that. Mine was less than the total amount and it was taking time to upgrade it, so I booked through agent.

Reactions: Mahi_PR

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
congratulations @Canada_Pr4u , glad that everything went smooth for you. did you had expired visa stamp on your passport or you just travelled with your expired COPR and AL ?
Thank you, yes of course I had all 3 things with me. My visa had expired in April. Most importantly my Gc-key account was updated with new visa details this time. That is must for anyone to travel.

Reactions: sumitkamboj88

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
how long does it take to reflect in cic account? i mean the new counterfoil update
Ideally it should get updated in the system first, and IRCC should send you an AL later. But in few cases(like mine) IRCC sent an AL before the Gc-key update. Hence our AL was not accepted at the airport first time I went to board. After contacting IRCC, it got updated in two days. So you have to contact IRCC regarding this technical glitch and then only plan your travel.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I booked through an agent, the same day I travelled. One can book online also but you need to have the debit/credit card with you, while checking at the Airport. Also check the international usage limit for your debit card, if you are using that. Mine was less than the total amount and it was taking time to upgrade it, so I booked through agent.
Limit on debit card, never heard of it. As long as funds are in your account, you can use them. I booked Air Canada flight directly from their website using ICICI Bank debit card.

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Limit on debit card, never heard of it. As long as funds are in your account, you can use them. I booked Air Canada flight directly from their website using ICICI Bank debit card.
It depends upon bank to bank, I was able to book through same bank's internet banking while booking for Air India. But Air Canada doesn't allow Net Banking. I had never used that debit card before(even for ATM withdrawal), maybe that's why there was some limit issue. It's better to check before using it on Air Canada website.

Reactions: wick_sran