+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply! I received my ETA on thursday 1am...I received the 4 pointer email on 30 sept replied them the same day with tentative flight and quarantine plan....i did highlight that as per Canadian high commission India's tweet I have not booked anything but willing to book and share the same before I travel to Canada.

They extended my copr and prv till 31 oct. Its mentioned that if I do not travel by 31 oct then file will be reopened and they ll issue new copr. A couple of days after ETA they updated my file and new copr dates were 31 oct.

Here s my timeline:
Feb 2019 Aor
1 june added my spouse (got married after aor)
Feb 2020 end received copr with expiration date 1 june 2020
Unable to travel email raised april 29 2020
1st ready to travel july mid 2020, 2nd august mid and 3rd september 23, 2020.
4 point email 30 sept
ETA 7 oct
Flying to canada on 19 oct (fingers crossed so that no other road blocks!!!)

Maybe this was helpful for receiving ETA, I had a job offer from canada.

You guys have been immensely helpful and one reason i was always hopeful!

Just hang in there...we ll all reach the goal!

Thank you Guys for the positivity!
Can you please share your VO?

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
Hi guys, can anyone share their 4 pointer email reply. As my sister has received the 4 pointer email and need to reply.
Hi. Please don't go with a templatized response. The questions are pretty straight forward reply with what suits you the best.
-If you are ready to travel within 60 days - Yes/No
-Is there anything preventing you to travel - Apart from personal reasons I don't think there should be any obstruction as there are quite a few flight options available.
-Will you be able to book a flight - Yes/ No. Check out options and give a tentative date you can fly
- Confirmed travel plans - share if you have booked flights and Airbnb. Or show your itinerary and mention you will confirm soon you receive the Authorization letter. Show options for Airbnb or a place you can quarantine (conversation with the owner would add weightage), how you will travel from the airport to quarantine destination (taxi services), proof of job searches (show conversation if any), health insurance options etc.
I think this should be it. Hope this helps.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Hi. Please don't go with a templatized response. The questions are pretty straight forward reply with what suits you the best.
-If you are ready to travel within 60 days - Yes/No
-Is there anything preventing you to travel - Apart from personal reasons I don't think there should be any obstruction as there are quite a few flight options available.
-Will you be able to book a flight - Yes/ No. Check out options and give a tentative date you can fly
- Confirmed travel plans - share if you have booked flights and Airbnb. Or show your itinerary and mention you will confirm soon you receive the Authorization letter. Show options for Airbnb or a place you can quarantine (conversation with the owner would add weightage), how you will travel from the airport to quarantine destination (taxi services), proof of job searches (show conversation if any), health insurance options etc.
I think this should be it. Hope this helps.
Ok buddy thanks

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys,
any once can predict the consequence on expired COPR who not respond to 4 point email and future process to extend COPR.
In my view may be IRCC giving now an opportunity that who is interested please plan now, if not then maybe they dealy COPR extension in the future.
Please add your thought

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hey,

Did you reply to the email? Maybe you can show a dummy booking which an agent can help you with or just mention your itineniary and options you have ready for quarantine.
Hey hi. Yes I have replied them. I ddnt show any dummy bookings however shared a screenshot showing multiple flight options available and wrote that I will be going ahead with the bookings once I receive confirmation.

Reactions: Faith001

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi Guys,
any once can predict the consequence on expired COPR who not respond to 4 point email and future process to extend COPR.
In my view may be IRCC giving now an opportunity that who is interested please plan now, if not then maybe they dealy COPR extension in the future.
Please add your thought
As per IRCC email, application will be put on hold until travel restrictions are paused OR applicant provides ready to travel information with supporting documents as per 4 pointer email.

Last edited:

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
As per IRCC email, application will be put on hold until travel restrictions are paused OR applicant provides ready to travel information with supporting documents as per 4 pointer email.
Yes, but we don’t have any info about the processing delays (when we are ready to travel) or the additional formalities that IRCC may require.
Any ideas?

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Reactions: Faith001

nikivin

May 10, 2019
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey Folks,

I was in the US when I submitted my EE application last year in June and later moved to Canada while my application was in process. Now, I have expired CoPR and PRV issued before March 18th, 2020. I was thinking of traveling to New York via flight and get the landing done at Toronto Pearson when I come back. I have 2 questions,

1. Do I need to inform IRCC before I travel?
2. Can the principal applicant get their landing done without the dependent?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Anyone?