+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canigo

Aug 4, 2020
Hello guys with an expired COPR, have you already sent any ready to travel web form, if so did you send in this information?

This is mentioned in the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence

In addition, the applicant and accompanying family members must show that they meet the following criteria:

• held a valid COPR and PRV on or before March 18, 2020, but these documents have now expired; no specific date for US-based applicants
  • have a compelling reason to travel to Canada now:
    • family reunification: family member is in Canada and usually resides there
    • economic: economic services and supply chains, critical infrastructure support
    • health (immediate medical care), safety and security
    • supporting Indigenous communities
    • expiring status in the US
    • tending to family matters for non-optional or non-discretionary purposes
    • any other activities that are deemed non-optional or non-discretionary by the Government of Canada or based on an officer’s assessment
Since I am planning to settle in Canada and look for a job there, only the economic condition seems to be the category that I can explain but their definition seems to suggest that our work must involve something related to their economic services and supply chains or should deal with infra support? Can someone explain?

Reactions: rockmyway

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
IRCC has got the logic wrong in relation to the virus, the cases are breaking records every day and this is not a seasonal virus, its rebounding in many countries, who thought they had it under control, the more IRCC delays in issuing extension the more the chances that people who come later will be infected , especial from countries like Brazil, South Asia and African continent , which forms bulk of the immigrants !! IRCC should simply allow all expired COPR enter ASAP and halt further new applications till Vaccine is found !!!
Let me guess you have your COPR ?
why would you halt people from entering the country until they find a vaccine, does not make sense to me, as long as you are not sick you should be able to enter Canada (talking about COPR holders)

Reactions: DCSameep

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
This could be possible but how will they differentiate between permanent settlement and soft landing? There may be a case when someone has to fly back to his/her home country becasue of some emergency.
You can justify your emergency case over knowingly coming back to home country after activating PR status. In current times, peace of mind wont come until you get PR card in your hand thats all what I am saying.

Reactions: hinavin

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Are you sure about raising a webform unless it's 'Ready to travel'?

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-expire
Thats fine but all the VOs are working differently. There is no harm in raising "Inability to travel" webform.

Reactions: Dilshant88

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Let me guess you have your COPR ?
why would you halt people from entering the country until they find a vaccine, does not make sense to me, as long as you are not sick you should be able to enter Canada (talking about COPR holders)
Who is refusing COPR holders to enter ? I am talking about halting NEW APPLICATIONS for PR which they say they continue to accept, IRCC should focus on clearing existing applications only, since they have not processed anything for 5 months for most of the clients ,
apparently working from home does not apply to IRCC and visa offices !!

rockmyway

Jan 7, 2018
I am going through the IRCC website that states the extract below. Based on the first red-marked portion, can we travel with expired COPRs that were issued on or before March 18, 2020? Do we still have to raise a webform? Based on the second red-marked portion that talks about exit restriction, can we travel out of India with expired COPR?

Expired COPR and PRV
Travelling from any country other than the US (group 3)

If the COPR and PRV were issued on or before March 18, 2020 but are now expired, the applicant

• is exempt from the travel restrictions
  • can travel to Canada for non-discretionary reasons with the COPR and PRV in order to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident and
  • must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
Applicants must check the issue date in the Application Details section of their COPR to see if this applies to them.

Only permanent resident applicants who are in possession of an expired COPR and PRV and who are ready to travel to Canada should contact IRCC using the Web form, to provide information on when the COPR expired and the non-discretionary reason(s) for travelling. Once Web forms are received, the Client Support Centre will refer them to the appropriate processing network (CN or IN), which will assess them based on the eligibility criteria below.

These applicants can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if they plan to stay and settle. If they’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, they can’t do that right now unless they’re exempt from the restrictions. They must show

In addition, the applicant and accompanying family members must show that they meet the following criteria:
  • held a valid COPR and PRV on or before March 18, 2020, but these documents have now expired; no specific date for US-based applicants
  • the country where the client resides is not subject to exit controls that limit the client’s ability to travel to Canada. Within IN, processing officers will liaise with the respective migration program managers to verify this information; within CN, processing officers will liaise with the International Network – Rapid Response Operations Centre (IN-RROC), who will liaise with the appropriate migration program manager to verify this information.

Reactions: BillyWescott

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
You can justify your emergency case over knowingly coming back to home country after activating PR status. In current times, peace of mind wont come until you get PR card in your hand thats all what I am saying.
Yup you are right. Everyone wants to activate PR to get rid of extension hassle.

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
I am going through the IRCC website that states the extract below. Based on the first red-marked portion, can we travel with expired COPRs that were issued on or before March 18, 2020? Do we still have to raise a webform? Based on the second red-marked portion that talks about exit restriction, can we travel out of India with expired COPR?

Expired COPR and PRV
Travelling from any country other than the US (group 3)

If the COPR and PRV were issued on or before March 18, 2020 but are now expired, the applicant

• is exempt from the travel restrictions
  • can travel to Canada for non-discretionary reasons with the COPR and PRV in order to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident and
  • must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
Applicants must check the issue date in the Application Details section of their COPR to see if this applies to them.

Only permanent resident applicants who are in possession of an expired COPR and PRV and who are ready to travel to Canada should contact IRCC using the Web form, to provide information on when the COPR expired and the non-discretionary reason(s) for travelling. Once Web forms are received, the Client Support Centre will refer them to the appropriate processing network (CN or IN), which will assess them based on the eligibility criteria below.

These applicants can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if they plan to stay and settle. If they’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, they can’t do that right now unless they’re exempt from the restrictions. They must show

• the country where the client resides is not subject to exit controls that limit the client’s ability to travel to Canada. Within IN, processing officers will liaise with the respective migration program managers to verify this information; within CN, processing officers will liaise with the International Network – Rapid Response Operations Centre (IN-RROC), who will liaise with the appropriate migration program manager to verify this information.
Hey !
One still has to raise a webform .
« «
Only permanent resident applicant who are in possession of an expired COPR and PRV and who are ready to travel to Canada should contact IRCC using the Web form, to provide information on when the COPR expired and the non-discretionary reason(s) for travelling. Once Web forms are received, the Client Support Centre will refer them to the appropriate processing network (CN or IN), which will assess them based on the eligibility criteria below. » »

The placement of this paragraph after enumeration of all groups might give an impression that it applies to only the last group. However, this is not the case .

Jpatidar

Jul 25, 2020
I am raising the webform.Mentioning availability of VBM flights.
So I raised a web form, got a response asking me to provide all the details like quarantine plans , itinerary etc(check their website for more details), replied to that, a week later, guess what I got??

The same exact response asking for the same exact details.

IRCC is above rationality.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
So I raised a web form, got a response asking me to provide all the details like quarantine plans , itinerary etc(check their website for more details), replied to that, a week later, guess what I got??

The same exact response asking for the same exact details.

IRCC is above rationality.
Did you provide any supporting documents for employment plans?

May be its just a strategy to delay the extension.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz